Wedding Woes

FRIDAY!

mrsconn23mrsconn23 member
First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its First Comment
edited April 2016 in Wedding Woes
Looks like we made it! :D 

I have to work this weekend.  Blerg.  I totally rearranged my kid's dentist appts so that I didn't have to take them in the morning on my day off.   

We had a wire closet shelf in our storage room that fell down the other day.  We didn't discover it until yesterday.  I guess we'll be figuring out how to fix that.  

DefConn was so funny about it.  I was in the shower.  He came up and was all, "Mommy!  I knew it!  The shelf in the storage room fell down!  I knew that was going to happen!!!!"  Uh OK dude. 

Re: FRIDAY!

• I can get through today, I can get through today, I can get through today.

Hopefully I get some sleep tonight.  I'm seriously considering just taking some meds to knock me out.  I haven't been sleeping more than 2 hours at a time, and not much more than 4 hours/night for the last 2 weeks.  I'm sick of my whining, so I'll just leave it at I'm damn stressed out.  Housewarming party for one of K's friends on Saturday (which isn't being hosted at the house that we are warming, which I find really odd).  Sunday I'm going to go see my dogs again.  And I think that's about it, really.  I need a slow weekend.
  • @VarunaTT, I feel you on the sleep stuff.  My sleep has been suffering horribly on DH's new schedule.  Some of it is my own doing (staying up too late), but I also have been much more attuned to the 'bumps in the night'.  And DefConn still shows up in my bed a couple times a week too.  I'm thinking about knocking myself out early tonight since DH will be home. 
  • Tomorrow DD1 and I are heading to a gender reveal party for my brother and SIL.  DD2 has a birthday party to go to and she's ridiculously excited because it's the first friend party.  Oh, and it's for triplets!

There's also a baseball game tomorrow and we are playing on Sunday due to rainouts this week but we don't know what time yet.

• The steroid shot I got yesterday has helped my rash immensely but I think it made me a little roid-ragey, lol. I wasn't actually upset about anything last night but I definitely was more confrontational that normal. Like, when I told FH I had just emptied the dishwasher and now it was his turn to do the dishes, I meant now. Not before Saturday like he suggested, lol. Normally, things like that don't bother me and we definitely don't take turns on chores. 

Our cat is learning how to hunt and I allow it. But she doesn't kill anything, she just plays with things and that bothers me. Last night was a baby bird. I stopped her when she tried to bring it inside. The little guy was shaken up but appeared fine. I didn't chase him when he tried to fly off, he needs more practice because he had forward down but not up. Anyways, he left and we kept the cat inside overnight. But he was back this morning! I emailed the wildlife rescue for advice but haven't heard back yet.

Nothing planned for this weekend, there is lots to do but we are homebodies. Next wednesday we are going to see a jazz show, I am very excited for that.
  • Reason #3,489 why I should never have kids: it drives me absolutely fucking batty when people talk to me when I'm on the phone. Like, ragey.

Reason #2 why I should: We're making a will and have no idea what to do with our shit and who to make the decisions.

The only thing I have planned for the entire weekend is a haircut tomorrow. So I'm looking forward to not a damn thing. I might bake and I really need to organize the filing cabinet.

Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • Congratulations, @AtomicBlonde , have fun!

@missJeanLouise there was an article about a year ago about how cats are really terrible at playing with their food and responsible for loads of bird deaths in their neighborhood.  TL;DR version: the playing is just what they do.  I'd try to google/find it for you, but....well, lazy.  :D
  • VarunaTT said:
    Congratulations, @AtomicBlonde , have fun!

@missJeanLouise there was an article about a year ago about how cats are really terrible at playing with their food and responsible for loads of bird deaths in their neighborhood.  TL;DR version: the playing is just what they do.  I'd try to google/find it for you, but....well, lazy.  :D
    She does it with everything. I find scared little lizards IN the house all the time, last weekend there was a live snake IN the house. I hate the idea of all these little creatures suffering but I don't really know what to do about it. I keep telling FH we feed her too much and that if she was hungrier she would try harder.
  • Congrats @AtomicBlonde, I hope you have a fantastic day tomorrow! I assume the drive went well, and seeing your Uncle? Enjoy the mimosas!

The steroid shot I got yesterday has helped my rash immensely but I think it made me a little roid-ragey, lol. I wasn't actually upset about anything last night but I definitely was more confrontational that normal. Like, when I told FH I had just emptied the dishwasher and now it was his turn to do the dishes, I meant now. Not before Saturday like he suggested, lol. Normally, things like that don't bother me and we definitely don't take turns on chores. 

Our cat is learning how to hunt and I allow it. But she doesn't kill anything, she just plays with things and that bothers me. Last night was a baby bird. I stopped her when she tried to bring it inside. The little guy was shaken up but appeared fine. I didn't chase him when he tried to fly off, he needs more practice because he had forward down but not up. Anyways, he left and we kept the cat inside overnight. But he was back this morning! I emailed the wildlife rescue for advice but haven't heard back yet.

Nothing planned for this weekend, there is lots to do but we are homebodies. Next wednesday we are going to see a jazz show, I am very excited for that.
    I've had two steroid shots in the last 6 months and both times I felt super weird and short tempered after (I also got light-headed and sick so we're thinking I might have a sensitivity to them).

I thought I was the only one who felt weird afterward. H kept joking I had roid-rage, too.

• VarunaTTVarunaTT member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited April 2016
    @missJeanLouise Oh man, there's a whole website now:  http://www.kittycams.uga.edu/research.html

The research discovered that it has nothing to do with being hungry.  There was a large percentage of things killed that the cats just walked away from.  She's hunting b/c she likes it.  :D

ETA:  The Oatmeal did a comic about it too:  
    http://theoatmeal.com/comics/cats_actually_kill
  • @charlotte989875 my uncle was moved again on Wednesday (yay insurance), so I talked FH into (not really, he suggested it) stopping by Sunday morning on our way out of town. We'll be passing kinda through that area, and I told him he doesn't have to come into the room with me. My mom will be there then, too. Thanks for asking :smile: 

"And when they use our atoms to make new lives, they won’t just be able to take one, they’ll have to take two, one of you and one of me..."
    --Philip Pullman

• @charlotte989875 glad I am not the only one. I felt like I was making excuses for my snappy mood.

@VarunaTT she is definitely having fun. Little kritters, not so much. I am used to my old cat, Sid Vicious; hunter extraordinaire. He killed allll the things. Birds, bats, mice, my mom's cat. The only time he wanted to play with a mouse he put it in the bathtub to save for later.

@Atomic Blonde I hope you have a fabulous day! Please post a recap or some pictures afterwards. 

@mrs.conn23 and @Heffalump your children brighten my morning. Love the little tidbits. 
  • 6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Hope you have a great day @AtomicBlonde

we we spent the morning at the zoo.  We got to see a 6 month old polar bear cub too cute for words!  This weekend is supposed to be a bunch of sports but it's looking stormy.  Dh's birthday is Tuesday. He thinks I'm crazy for suggesting his mom might want to "pop over" to take him to dinner. You know like she does every year. 
  • @charlotte989875 glad I am not the only one. I felt like I was making excuses for my snappy mood.

@VarunaTT she is definitely having fun. Little kritters, not so much. I am used to my old cat, Sid Vicious; hunter extraordinaire. He killed allll the things. Birds, bats, mice, my mom's cat. The only time he wanted to play with a mouse he put it in the bathtub to save for later.

@Atomic Blonde I hope you have a fabulous day! Please post a recap or some pictures afterwards. 

@mrs.conn23 and @Heffalump your children brighten my morning. Love the little tidbits. 
    So much this. I really get a kick out of these stories.
  • ChelleJayneChelleJayne member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited April 2016

@AtomicBlonde Have an amazing day tomorrow! Don't forget the recap for all of us :)

FI and I are going bowling tonight with a GM and his new GF. I was hoping it would be Rockin' Bowl because it is cheaper, but nope. GF is bringing her 2 year old daughter.

This weekend is the weekend of BIIIIIG BOATS... So that means BIIIIG Trucks pulling said BIIIIIIG BOATS. These boats are worth more that most houses. The owners have more money than sense. Town is ridiculously busy and people can't drive. I am staying home this weekend. FI and his mom want to go on their kayaks. I told them not to get hit by the boats.

ETA: OHHH and this guy who I have known forever, but haven't talked to in almost 3 years FB messaged me to ask if he was getting a wedding invite. I had 2 thoughts when I read this: 1. Um, nope. You weren't even on my list to begin with. 2. HOW RUDE! You don't ask someone if you are going to be invited to their wedding after not talking to them for 3 years. If I was inviting you, you would have received a STD because I sent them to all the out of towners.

Wedding Countdown Ticker Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Little bird was where I left him from this morning. Dead as a doornail. RIP little cheep cheep.
  • @AtomicBlonde hope your day is fantastic.

We have a ton of mulch to spread this weekend and it's suppose to rain! Ugh!! 
  • Will be thinking of you tomorrow, @AtomicBlonde!

• Little bird was where I left him from this morning. Dead as a doornail. RIP little cheep cheep.
     :'(  :'(:'(:'(
  • Well it is raining so no mulch spreading. I did;however, get the hallway painted!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards