Wedding Woes
Options

Rain boots?

After almost 2 hours of sneakers in the rain I've decided to pull the plug and get some boots.  Hunters are the brand around here, but I can't justify the price on something that won't be worn a ton. 

Any recs for brand and places for a good deal?  I need function over style.

Re: Rain boots?

• Options
    I have Chooka rainboots and I love them.  No complaints. 

I also could not justify the cost of Hunters.  

These are the ones I have:

• Options
    edited May 2016
    I have these in red, and I LOVE them. Super comfortable and I can wear them all day without them hurting my feet. They have real soles in them which helps. It rains all the time here so they've gotten a lot of wear and no problems.

http://www.toms.com/women/womens-shoes/boots/cabrilla-rain-boots

ETA: Hunters are everywhere here too, but I couldn't justify spending that much on rain boots. The Tom's are on sale now, and made me feel slightly better. They have more options on Amazon, too.

http://www.amazon.com/Cabrilla-Boots-Tribal-10006872-Womens/dp/B010RMGE14/ref=sr_1_1?s=apparel&ie=UTF8&qid=1462204295&sr=8-1&keywords=toms+rainboots

• Options
    I'm a Hunter girl and I wear them both in the rain, as well as in the winter with the socks.  

I've had cheaper Target brand rain boots and they are destroyed in a couple of years.  Granted, I'm am outside sales rep so I'm out and about in all weather and therefore harder on my shoes than a regular office employee.  I like my Hunters because they are well made, easy to clean/polish and because they're a long term brand I'm not worried about them going out of style anytime in the near future.  I consider them an investment piece much like my LBD.
  • Options
    6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    See I would consider a couple years use a win. I have nice sorel boots for winter so I really just need rain. 
  • Options
    SP29SP29 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited May 2016
    I am also in need of rain boots. I also struggle over to buy Hunters or not. I keep trying to wait until they go on sale, but it seems the only ones that do are the black ones. I want some colour!!

@charlotte989875 I didn't realize TOMS had more than just the flats- and in so many colours! Oh my... I need to do some online shopping.
    .... the rain boots are on sale!! I love the blue raindrop print ones.
    How do you find they fit compared to whatever size running shoes you wear?

I wear a 10 in running shoes, but sometimes I find with with other shoes, particularly well made shoes, I wear a 9 or 9.5. 
  • Options
    I bought these back in October and I love them. They've held up extraordinarly well, they're comfy and come in a bunch of colors. They were cheaper on Amazon but I know that DSW sells them as well. 

http://www.amazon.com/Kamik-Womens-Olivia-Rain-Black/dp/B002NPCOJU/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1462207674&sr=8-1&keywords=kamik+olivia+rain+boots
  • Options
    lnixon8lnixon8 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    MIL bought me black hunter boots for Christmas. I exchanged them for green asap because if I'm wearing $150 rain boots and $30 special socks I want people to notice damn it! I also wear them if there's even a chance of rain

• Options
    SP29 said:
    I am also in need of rain boots. I also struggle over to buy Hunters or not. I keep trying to wait until they go on sale, but it seems the only ones that do are the black ones. I want some colour!!

@charlotte989875 I didn't realize TOMS had more than just the flats- and in so many colours! Oh my... I need to do some online shopping.

I wear a 10 in running shoes, but sometimes I find with with other shoes, particularly well made shoes, I wear a 9 or 9.5. 
    I could never find Hunters on sale, even on ebay. I typically wear a 9, but a 9.5 in running shoes. I get my Toms in a 9, so thats what I did with the boots as well, and they fit great. Although I tend to wear normal socks under them, but if I wanted to wear heavier ones they might be a little snug.
  • Options
    mrsconn23mrsconn23 member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited May 2016
    SP29 said:

I could never find Hunters on sale, even on ebay. I typically wear a 9, but a 9.5 in running shoes. I get my Toms in a 9, so thats what I did with the boots as well, and they fit great. Although I tend to wear normal socks under them, but if I wanted to wear heavier ones they might be a little snug.
    Costco sells Hunters for about half price every fall, I think.  Just a few basic colors (green, red, blue, black, etc). They end up being about $65 for short and $75 for tall.  Also I've seen them on clearance at Nordstrom Rack (and was totally tempted, but resisted since I have the Chookas). 
  • Options
    Thanks @mrs.conn23, I've never actually lived anywhere with a Costco. Just a few weeks and I'll be within 10 miles of one! Can't wait. 
  • Options
    6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Costco offers some things on line that do not require a membership. I want to say the hunters were one of them. 
  • Options
    I bought DD Hunters for Christmas six years ago and still going strong. I bought FDIL a pair of either Chooka or Kamik on Amazon this past Christmas (she doesn't anticipate wearing them as much as DD wears hers). They both are happy with what they have.
  • Options
    I have Thorogood Boots - they are AWESOME and worth every penny!!!  Granted - they're "Firefighter Boots" but they're function over style..
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards