Wedding Woes

FRIDAY!

I don't get a long weekend, womp, womp!

I have to work tomorrow.  But SIL/BIL/nephew are coming to stay.  The kiddo flies out to stay with SIL/BIL/nieces tomorrow morning.  We're having a little cookout tomorrow evening.  

I am thinking about cutting out of work early today.  I've got housework to do.  And I need to go shopping to make sure the kiddo has what he needs for his trip and to get food for tomorrow/this weekend. 

I'm having a Netflix crisis, I'm deeply involved in The West Wing...but Bloodline and Chef's Table dropped season 2 today.  I know it's ridic since it will all be there forever...but I want to watch everything at once.  :D 

Re: FRIDAY!

• For the first time in weeks, I actually woke up in a good mood (as good as one can be at 4:30am, anyway).  I really had no idea I was in a bit of a slump.  I'm usually not such a negative person.  Cynical, sure, but not really a pessimist. 

I went to the library last night to return the last terrible books I read (such a pity) and I ended up checking out five more, so I have my work cut out for me.  All I need to do is find a beach...  And a Yeti 110 iced down with something a little better than silver bullets.  This whole "working for a living" thing is for the birds.

This weekend, I think we're finally going to explore the city we moved to exactly one year ago today, maybe hit a baseball game, and I have grand plans for deep cleaning the bathrooms and kitchens, but I suspect the latter will not happen.

"And when they use our atoms to make new lives, they won’t just be able to take one, they’ll have to take two, one of you and one of me..."
    --Philip Pullman

• Also, happy morning...DH was pulling in as I was getting ready to head to daycare with DefConn.  He hopped in and went with us and then we stopped at Starbucks for breakfast.  It made DefConn happy and DH and I had a micro-date.  :D 
  • BLOODLINE!!!!!

So glad it's finally Friday.  Good thing work is slow, because I have a ton of other stuff to do.  Have to get the groceries ordered, because there is no way in hell I'm physically going inside this weekend.  No way, no how.  Which means I have to figure out a menu.  I have two entrees from Switchin' Kitchens thawing in the fridge, so that's a start, anyway.  (And SK just posted the June menu, so I need to check that out and get my June order in.)

They asked me to be a timer at tomorrow's meet, so DH and I are debating whether all four of us should go, after all.  It was one thing when he and I could tag team DS, but if I'm timing, I won't really be able to do much with DS.  Which means DH may not get to watch Wooz, because he'll be busy keeping an eye on DS.  (If he can persuade DS to watch Wooz race, then that will work.  But at 2-1/2, it's a very big IF.)  So it might make more sense for them to stay home.  (Also, I have never been a timer before, and I'm a teensy bit nervous about it.  I'm 50% "how hard could it be?" and 50% wincing at the full-page "Tips & Guidelines for Timers" they attached.  At least I'm getting it out of the way and hopefully will be off the hook for the rest of the season?)

They sent relay info last night, and Wooz snagged a slot on the 8 & under girls medley relay.  Backstroke, naturally.  Individual events come out today, and I am really curious to know where she's seeded in her events.  She has a decent freestyle and a serviceable breaststroke/butterfly, but her backstroke is fierce.

After that, looking forward to crashing at home for a while.  The neighborhood pool party starts early this year (noon), so we can actually do that, then swim class, then the Whitewater Center/fireworks and not miss anything.  Monday, we are intentionally doing a whole lot of nothing, and it will be great.  :)
  • 6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    We're spending this afternoon at the pool.  Tomorrow is nephew's graduation party.  I'm not looking forward too it. We basically have a ton of yardwork to get done.  Landscapers come Tuesday and we need to have everything ready for them. 

They made a HUGE dent in the laundry room project yesterday.  The drywall is up, floors in, and the destroyed my closet.  It was just a simple thing with a little 32" door.  They ripped the wall around it down and all the way to the ceiling.  Now it's 51" of wide open floor to ceiling space.  I want to go to IKEA to get storage stuff, but I don't think DH would go for it.
  • Since going to the lake and Indy was cancelled for me, I have a whole 3.5 days of not a damn thing. I get out of work at 12:45 today and I'm hoping to clean the house tonight so I can do it again Monday.

I haven't told H, but I think we're going to spend all the money this weekend. He's been itching for a grill and there's this steakhouse he's wanted to go to. And I'm going to buy these stupid $80 sandals I've been eyeing.

We don't have a computer so I need to go to the library this weekend and work on my cover letter. Probably get a book too.

Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • edited May 2016
    I'm in a v. good mood today too. Last night my netball team won our match (lost the league overall, but lets focus on the positives!) and went out to celebrate afterwards. I somehow have no hangover this morning, which has been unheard of for me for at least the last 4yrs. 

I only have a few more hours till I finish up for the long weekend and I can't wait. Unfortunately the first order of business will be to wait in for a delivery from an interiors shop. They keep messing me around - this will be their third attempt to deliver. Unbelievably frustrating. Last weekend they text to let me know to expect them between 7am-1pm......at 8.42am, when they were already at my door. I had only just left the house for my morning run, so was only even gone for 45mins. If only I didn't want the clock and the fruit bowl so badly.

Oh yeah, and we have some wedding wines waiting patiently in the kitchen to be sampled. This will probably be the only part of planning this wedding that I will really, truly enjoy. Fingers crossed the cheaper ones just happen to be the best!

Edit: commas

• I am at the airport, not having cocktails YET.
    I was up until 2am because at 11pm my airbnb host called to CANCEL MY RESERVATION! So instead of staying within walking distance of everything I want (including my moms house) now we are staying downtown. I had a pretty big meltdown about it because I was tired. And pretty heartbroken. It has been a rough couple days.
  • Today is nuggets birthday and we're going to the beach!  So far the trip has been great....except I'm a bit jealous (bit being a ton). Sister and BIL moved to FL 10 years ago. Since then his whole family has followed (they started dating in high school so we're all close, BIL's sisters and I refer to each other as sister in laws etc). 

BILs mom is great and a huge help to sister. She lives right down the road and nugget loves her. But she has a HUGE personality (and I'm a Type A extrovert saying that) and isn't very cognizant sometimes of her actions or how they impact others. She swoops in yesterday literally 15 minutes after my parents and I get to my sisters and picks up nugget and then nugget doesn't leave her side all night. Im genuinely happy they're so close, but we have limited time here to spend with them.   I think sister caught on too because she called this morning and said she and the baby are coming over to our condo first before heading to the beach. Yay!
  • Yay for Friday!!!! In just a few short hours I'll be on my way to see DH! I can hardly wait. Not sure how I'm going to get any work done today.

Also, as of yesterday, DH is in Louisville, KY instead of Indianapolis. Which means a much shorter drive for me!

I hope all of y'all have a great weekend celebrating with family and friends :)

• I'm so excited for this weekend/early next week.  We're going to see X Men Apocalypse tonight at the drive-in a few towns over.  Then Monday-Wednesday we're going to Niagra Falls for the first time:)

I haven't been looking forward to this much in a while, so it's nice.
  • Painting, painting, and more painting. By tonight the horrible red wall kitchen will be a thing of the past! H went and bought a lawn mower, weed wacker, shop vac, and all kinds of other house tools. So he's jazzed to finally get started on his projects. But he walked into the kitchen and said how much he liked the paint color and coming from a man who said he couldn't care less what color I chose as long as the red was gone in calling this a win. 

So so glad you're able to see your DH @thefanciestbeckler and that he'll be closer! 
  • Yay for Friday!!!! In just a few short hours I'll be on my way to see DH! I can hardly wait. Not sure how I'm going to get any work done today.

Also, as of yesterday, DH is in Louisville, KY instead of Indianapolis. Which means a much shorter drive for me!

I hope all of y'all have a great weekend celebrating with family and friends :)

I was thinking about you this weekend amid all the Race Day craziness. Glad you didn't have to drive to Indy and deal with that. Hope you had a wonderful time in Louisville.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards