Wedding Woes

Who watched Roots?

I did, but I'm usually a lover of originals, more so than remakes. I did like Kunta, but I'm not so sure about Fiddler. I'll keep watching.

Re: Who watched Roots?

• We DVRd it because DH wanted to watch the basketball game. I can't wait til he gets home to turn it on. Did you think it was worth the time, even as a remake? I saw the original too long ago to remember.

"And when they use our atoms to make new lives, they won’t just be able to take one, they’ll have to take two, one of you and one of me..."
    --Philip Pullman

• I think it is worth the time. We can discuss after you watch tonight.
  • 6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    I didn't know this was remade.  What channel?  I wonder if I can get it on demand.
  • History, I think, but we saw it on Lifetime?  I read Roots back in the day, and then saw the miniseries, but I really need to go back and read/watch it again.  I don't really remember too much, although I am getting a strong sense of déjà vu from this remake, so I guess it's fairly similar.

I have mixed feelings about it.  There's something about it I can't put my finger on, and it's quite possible it's a mental thing (trying to compare apples to apples).  I can't say I liked Fiddler much.

"And when they use our atoms to make new lives, they won’t just be able to take one, they’ll have to take two, one of you and one of me..."
    --Philip Pullman

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards