Wedding Woes
Options

I need a bourbon/Happy Thursday.

So when it rains it pours; literally in my case because we just had water pouring through the ceiling from our second floor bathroom. The toilet overflowed (with clean water thank the gods) and water came gushing through to the first floor. 

How is everyone else's Thursday's starting out? 

Re: I need a bourbon/Happy Thursday.

• Options
    mrsconn23 said:
    Omg! We've had that happen. It's the worst! Water issues suck.

Come on down! We'll put some in our coffee.  ;) 

Basil Hayden's is my favorite. I'll be right over! 
  • Options
    6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    I put my 5 yo on the bus this morning for the first time.  She's sooooooo excited, but I'm nervous.  I just want to be a fly on the wall to see what's happening in her class.  The little neighbor boy is in her class.  That's great for him, but I hope he doesn't drag her down- he's whiny and very immature. 

Cue the "what will you do with all the free time!" comments too.  They kind of annoy me.  I still have a kid at home, a job, and a life.

I love bourbon.  I made a peach bourbon that is pretty much pour heaven and I even used the cheap stuff.  My parents always had highballs- Ancient Age and Schweppes ginger ale.  I keep Ancient Age around just for the occasions I want some nostalgia.
  • Options
    Oooh @mrsconn23 my homeboy Elijah is almost empty!

@charlotte989875 good luck today, they said more rain on the OH/MI border this afternoon.

Today is the first home pre-season Lions game!  We're going to head downtown early to get a drink with some of my coworkers.  But between surgery and the pre-wedding events, we just realized that I'll miss 3 out of the 4 first home games.  That's almost half of the home games. 
  • Options
    Oooh @mrsconn23 my homeboy Elijah is almost empty!

I know.  We need to go get more.  It's one of DH's faves and hence why it's almost gone.

I prefer Four Roses single barrel or Eagle Rare. They're both so smooth.  
  • Options
    There are 23 work days in this month, and apparently today is the only day anyone could schedule anything.  My calendar is angry with me because I have so many conflicting appointments.  I'm skipping one now for Prudie Day.  Teehee.

I went grocery shopping last night.  As I was dozing on the couch, DH yells from the kitchen, "THE REFRIGERATOR HAS A LEAK!!"  Naturally, I freaked the holy fuck out ("WHAT?  How???  It was fine an hour ago!"), and he kept insisting there was a leak in the fridge that wasn't there that morning, all while I'm trying to process the fact that our fridge is dead and wth am I supposed to do about it at 9pm?

Then, just when I think it can't get any worse, the asshole comes into the living room with the bunch of leeks I'd bought that day, and said, with the BIGGEST shiteating grin on his face, "There's a leek in the fridge!"

I was not amused.

@charlotte989875, I'm glad it was clean water.  In a house I rented a few years ago, the waste drain line ruptured.  The leak was huge, and had been going on for months, and incredibly, the guys who lived on the flooded level never noticed.  Even though every time they stepped on the laminate floor, the majorly gross waste water oozed up between the gaps.  Water is such a nightmare.

"And when they use our atoms to make new lives, they won’t just be able to take one, they’ll have to take two, one of you and one of me..."
    --Philip Pullman

• Options
    I am caught up on everything and desperately trying to keep it that way. :)

Everyone was dragging this morning.  Poor DH had to listen to my terrible rendition of Vacation by the Go-Gos.

Also, because it is FIL's condo and neither he nor DH are great planners, the last I heard DH doesn't even have the address yet.  I have a feeling that he'll be calling FIL from the road tomorrow to figure out exactly where we're headed.

• Options
    edited August 2016
    @AtomicBlonde
    I'm your DH.  I'm totally the asshole who does this kind of shit, and I am queen of the spontaneous "dad jokes."  My kids think I'm hilarious, while FI, exH, and my youngest brother groan and roll their eyes.

As for me, I'm hiding in the bathroom, hoping for 10 minutes of peace.
                            AlternaTickers - Cool free Web tickers
  • Options
    Heffalump said:
    I am caught up on everything and desperately trying to keep it that way. :)

Everyone was dragging this morning.  Poor DH had to listen to my terrible rendition of Vacation by the Go-Gos.

Also, because it is FIL's condo and neither he nor DH are great planners, the last I heard DH doesn't even have the address yet.  I have a feeling that he'll be calling FIL from the road tomorrow to figure out exactly where we're headed.

One of my go-to karaoke songs ;).  The group rode in one of the Mardi Gras parades a few years ago. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I need this cold to go bye-bye. It's backed up into my ears, my teeth hurt, my nose hurts, and my jaw hurts.

Only 8 more weeks of school before I'm done. Only 6 weeks until my wedding. Only 10 weeks until the wedding I'm a BM in, then I get to rest until February/March when baby comes. 

• Options

I don't know what "flo rida" is, but my Pandora just tried to play it for me.

On my station called "Megadeth radio", in between Black Sabbath and Dying Fetus.

This is a perfect description of my day.

Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • Options
    I am s l o w l y getting through the files on my desk. All I keep thinking is that if I had done this much work YESTERDAY I would be able to do nothing today. *sigh*
  • Options
    @thefanciestbeckler glad you're "back" and just in time for Prudie Day. 

I think I earned this today. I may not even need the glass given how low we are. Cheers. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards