Flowers

Flowers for horizon blue MOH dress and an ivory/champagne wedding dress

Ladies I can really use your help. I'm having a November wedding. The theme is Beauty and the Beast. My MOH is wearing a horizon blue dress. I was thinking about yellow roses for her. My wedding dress is ivory and champagne. I have no idea what type of bouquet to have for myself. I figured since the theme is Beauty and the Beast, it should at least be roses. But what color should I go with? A friend suggested red roses. Any ideas?

Re: Flowers for horizon blue MOH dress and an ivory/champagne wedding dress

• Not sure what you mean by a Beauty and a Beast theme. Are you working with a florist? If so, ask for suggestions. I think the yellow roses for your MOH would look lovely with the blue dress. I'm not sure about red roses for you if that is the only flower in the bouquet. I would want to break up the red with greenery and other colors.
  • You could both have the same colours/flowers ... just make yours a bit bigger or more of one type of specific flower. Is the rose specific to Beauty and the Beast? I haven't seen that movie in ages.

How themed are you getting with Beauty and the Beast?

• Choose flowers you love and have significance to you regardless of the color scheme!  It'll all work out and look beautiful simply based on the presence of flowers!  Most of all, be working with your florist to design something that is entirely within your budget (DO NOT be afraid of giving this number to your florist so they can help you stay at or under it!)
  • Ladies I can really use your help. I'm having a November wedding. The theme is Beauty and the Beast. My MOH is wearing a horizon blue dress. I was thinking about yellow roses for her. My wedding dress is ivory and champagne. I have no idea what type of bouquet to have for myself. I figured since the theme is Beauty and the Beast, it should at least be roses. But what color should I go with? A friend suggested red roses. Any ideas?
    I love beauty and the beast. Anyways, I was curious so I looked up photos on Pinterest. I think having both yellow and red roses might look too busy (maybe not, depends on how your centerpieces look I think). What if you had red roses for both you and your MOH and tied the yellow in some other subtle way? Like as a bow on the bouquets or a sash on her dress? 
  • Thank you ladies. I appreciate the feedback so much. I have been going crazy trying to figure out my bouquet.
  • Ironring said:
    Ladies I can really use your help. I'm having a November wedding. The theme is Beauty and the Beast. My MOH is wearing a horizon blue dress. I was thinking about yellow roses for her. My wedding dress is ivory and champagne. I have no idea what type of bouquet to have for myself. I figured since the theme is Beauty and the Beast, it should at least be roses. But what color should I go with? A friend suggested red roses. Any ideas?
    I love beauty and the beast. Anyways, I was curious so I looked up photos on Pinterest. I think having both yellow and red roses might look too busy (maybe not, depends on how your centerpieces look I think). What if you had red roses for both you and your MOH and tied the yellow in some other subtle way? Like as a bow on the bouquets or a sash on her dress? 
    That's a great idea. I didn't think of doing that. A sash with her dress would look very pretty.
  • Bernursej said:

You could both have the same colours/flowers ... just make yours a bit bigger or more of one type of specific flower. Is the rose specific to Beauty and the Beast? I haven't seen that movie in ages.

How themed are you getting with Beauty and the Beast?

The rose is very specific to the movie. The beast has until the last petal of the rose to fall in love and have that person see past his beast-ness to reciprocate that love. We wanted to go with the colors from the ballroom scene, but it has made me nuts trying to match everything.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards