Wedding Woes

"That color looks nice on you"

Is this code for something?  I've had at least 6 people say this to me in the last week.  I've been in every color under the rainbow- blue, green, yellow, orange, and today grey.  I'm starting to think it's the new sign for swingers or something.

Re: "That color looks nice on you"

• Have you changed something else? Like a haircut or worn glasses or something?

I feel like people compliment my hair every time I change something else (like new clothes or glasses). My hair hasn't changed in like 20 years.

Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • Is there anything consistent about what you're wearing? Like print vs no print, etc? That or you're just eluding more confidence and people are noticing you more :)
  • Nothing new, not even the clothes.  One sweater is 2 years old and the other shirts are ones I've been wearing all summer.  It's been with and without makeup too.  I'm sticking with the swingers cod thing.

One woman that said it is a really, really odd duck so I'd written her off.  She also touched my hair and told me how pretty it was.  She also asked me if I was pregnant 6 months ago.
  • If you're in a really good mood, that can make anything you're wearing, especially if the colors are really suitable for your skin tones, make you look really good.

I'd take it as a compliment unless you happened to be going through something not-so-good when you received the feedback, or if the feedback came as a come-on that made you uncomfortable.
  • 6fsn said:
    Nothing new, not even the clothes.  One sweater is 2 years old and the other shirts are ones I've been wearing all summer.  It's been with and without makeup too.  I'm sticking with the swingers cod thing.

One woman that said it is a really, really odd duck so I'd written her off.  She also touched my hair and told me how pretty it was.  She also asked me if I was pregnant 6 months ago.

I'd go with just a weird coincidence.  But I do like your explanation better.

I have waist length blonde hair.  Always have.  When I was a little girl, random strangers would touch it all the time and tell me or my mom how pretty it was.  But, even as an adult, it still happens once in awhile.  Though it's usually some sweet grandma-like lady, so I don't mind.

As an aside, when I was little it was naturally blonde.  (Ahem, cough, cough) That may not be quite as true anymore.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • 6fsn said:
    Is this code for something?  I've had at least 6 people say this to me in the last week.  I've been in every color under the rainbow- blue, green, yellow, orange, and today grey.  I'm starting to think it's the new sign for swingers or something.
    Lol.  I like the code possibility. Your situation is like the positive version of when I'm feeling happy/calm/not a care in the world and then 6 people ask me what's wrong and after the 6th time something actually is wrong I'm pissed off  :s
  • eileenrob said:
    6fsn said:
    Lol.  I like the code possibility. Your situation is like the positive version of when I'm feeling happy/calm/not a care in the world and then 6 people ask me what's wrong and after the 6th time something actually is wrong I'm pissed off  :s
    Same.
    "What's wrong" Nothing. This is my face. I have RBF
  • My hair isn't even that nice. I don't color it and I'm a month past due for a cut. Now that you mention it I do usually get the "smile!" Or "why so grumpy?"  Maybe that's the other reason it stands out. 
  • People tend to look good in certain kinds of colors - bright, jewel tones, neutrels. So I'm not surprised people think you look good in several different colors.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards