Wedding Woes
Options

Hello

Jet-lag is still kicking my ass. 

Our trip was nothing short of awesome.  I only wish I could have gotten a handle on sleep while we were there.  I had that awful dragging feeling most of the time we were there and I could not stop thinking about what time it was back home.  But we did all.the.things and ate all.the.food.  

I don't have to work until Weds.  I hope I get to sleep before 3am tonight.  DefConn wants to be fed way too early.  ;) 

How are y'all?

Re: Hello

• Options
    Welcome back.  Glad you had a great time.  I really really really want to go there!

This weekend was OK.  We saw "girl on a train" on Saturday and i didn't like it.  My friend read the book and said the reviews on the content sound nothing like the book either.  

My dress fits wonderfully, and I like it more than when I tried it on (I made some adjustments to it). My friend offered to drive it up to NY when she goes so I don't have to worry about the plane or shipping or any of that, so it's a HUGE relief.

• Options
    Aloha, mrsconn23 - welcome back to reality!
  • Options

I'm so glad you had a great trip, Mrs.Conn! I want to hear more!

I had a great weekend. I Love the 90s concert was fun (Vanilla Ice was horrendous though). Saturday I did my favorite thing ever - lay around the house. I finally got off my ass at like 1, cleaned the house and got dinner started so H was happy when he got home.

Friday my sister was pressuring me into going to the Cubs game after the Bears game on Sunday. I chose to be financially responsible and sold my Bears ticket to her on-again, off-again BF, FWB kinda guy and they went to both games.

Watched the Cubs and the Hawks Saturday night (perfect example of why we need a second TV in the basement).

Sunday we got up early, went to breakfast, then did all the things. Got my ring checked up (every six months), got me a new purse at the mall, new wallet at the outlet mall, H a coat, went to lunch at our old favorite Chinese place, went to the farm for vegetables, came home at watched the DVRed Bears game. It was a great day. Not a date-y kinda day, but we had just been talking about how we don't do enough fun things together.

Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • Options

Welcome back, mrs.conn!  Or should I say aloha?  Tell us everything.

I have that post-weekend, non-booze hangover, when you were looking forward to the weekend so you could have a break, and then the weekend was more work than the workweek.  My house is a wreck because all we did was come and go all weekend.  DS had swim, then Wooz had two birthday parties.  The first one was half an hour away, so it took DH an hour to drop her off and return, and then I spent another hour picking her up and bringing her home so she could get ready for party #2.  By the time I picked her up from that one (a nighttime party!), we were both yawning on the drive home.

Did the Great Smoky Mountain Railroad with the kids yesterday, they have a Peanuts pumpkin patch thing.  That was a little over 3 hours going and longer coming back, because there was a wreck on the interstate and Google Maps sent us on this crazy detour that seemed to work out okay.  DS loved meeting the Peanuts characters, and I think he has a little crush on Lucy. <3

We made it to mid-October, and Wooz has decided that swim 2x/week is too much of a grind.  I think I'm going to change her program again, and maybe move DS to the same place.

We were going to try to put up Halloween decorations this weekend and it never happened, so I'm going to try tonight.  We actually bought lights, at the kids' behest. 

DS has his three year checkup this week, and my mom and I are meeting with her surgeon to nail down the details of her surgery and recovery.

• Options

Watched the Cubs and the Hawks Saturday night (perfect example of why we need a second TV in the basement).

Did you also notice that it was 3-0 cubs and 3-0 Blackhawks at the time time that night? (8:00ish)

• Options
    Welcome back @mrsconn23 - sounds like a great trip - but you need to tell us more about all the food!

Yesterday we went to the Lions game!  We have season tickets but I missed the first two because of surgery recovery and bachelorette recovery and I'm missing next week because I sold my ticket to a GM for FI's bachelor party.  We had so much fun, we got down to the field early so FI could get a Barry Sanders bobblehead, and in exchange FI promised to buy me Hail Mary's (Ford Field Bloody Marys).  

Afterwards we stopped at another bar for more beer and food.  We haven't spent a whole day out and about having fun together since before my surgery and it was starting to show.  We really needed that.

As for the wedding - we just finished all of the invitations so those will be hitting the mail this week!  Ahh!
  • Options
    Welcome back, @mrsconn23!  Glad to hear your trip was every bit as awesome as it should have been.

The weekend was a fiasco.  Actually, fiasco doesn't even begin to describe how much of a fucking nightmare the weekend was.  My mom says "broken things can be fixed," but it is going to be a long time before anyone is welcome in my home again, and that may extend towards never.  And the lies and accusations that are flying back and forth are only making me angrier and more upset.  I wish I could just shrug shit like this off as easily as H does, but it just keeps rattling around in my head.  There is no more room for bins in my brain.

I'm at the field office.  I think I'm going to be sick.  My co-worker, who has been in this position for decades, is like "Get settled, do ABCDEF and G, report back to me, but really, just focus on getting settled." Five minutes later, "Oh, by the way, HIJKLMNO and P also need to be done."  This must be what drowning feels like.  I feel like the learning curve is the size of Mt. Everest.

"And when they use our atoms to make new lives, they won’t just be able to take one, they’ll have to take two, one of you and one of me..."
    --Philip Pullman

• Options
    Welcome back @mrsconn23 - sounds like a great trip - but you need to tell us more about all the food!

Yesterday we went to the Lions game!  We have season tickets but I missed the first two because of surgery recovery and bachelorette recovery and I'm missing next week because I sold my ticket to a GM for FI's bachelor party.  We had so much fun, we got down to the field early so FI could get a Barry Sanders bobblehead, and in exchange FI promised to buy me Hail Mary's (Ford Field Bloody Marys).  

Afterwards we stopped at another bar for more beer and food.  We haven't spent a whole day out and about having fun together since before my surgery and it was starting to show.  We really needed that.

As for the wedding - we just finished all of the invitations so those will be hitting the mail this week!  Ahh!

Is that a STRAW?!

The highlight of my trip to Detroit a few years ago was the meat stick straw in the bloody mary.

I did NOT notice that, @CharmedPam but I love it!

Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • Options
    @ShesSoCold yes!  You have to get the meat straw - it makes the whole drink!  I use a real straw too because I'm a snob like that.

@AtomicBlonde I'm sorry, it sounds like your IL problems quadrupled.  Hopefully your H is recognizing how this affecting you and at least taking up for you, even if it's easier for him to let it all go.  Good luck in the new office!
  • Options
    Saturday I woke up feeling nauseated, but after an afternoon nap it was gone which was good because I had a bachelorette party to go to. I picked up the bride and another of her friends (20 minutes from my house) and drove them to the party 45 away and then drove the friend back. The other BM has a cute little shasta camper that she and her H refurbished and she made potato soup and I brought wine, chips and dip and we watched movies on the lawn at her sister's acreage.

Yesterday, H and I took the baby to the Harry Potter Festival and I was so excited to go until we got there. It was 3 blocks long and 9300 people said they were going and another 20,000 said they were interested. I'm not sure what the final count was, but I heard that the majority of the vendors ran out of supplies after 45 minutes. The lines were so long that we couldn't even get pictures. Today, it feels like my pelvis is splitting in two and I can hardly walk. 
  • Options
    OMG I cannot for the life of me figure out how to use the office phone.  HOW DO I MAKE EXTERNAL CALLS?  This is only reinforcing the level of stupid I am feeling today.

"And when they use our atoms to make new lives, they won’t just be able to take one, they’ll have to take two, one of you and one of me..."
    --Philip Pullman

• Options
    Glad you had a great time @mrsconn23!  Your pictures were amazing.

Friday the kids had off so we went to the fair with my mom.  The kids had a ball (m2 is a little adrenalin junky).  While I had 1&2 my mom took 3 to see animals and they had some great one on one.  We capped the evening with movies and stories, games and more junk.

Saturday was soccer and Sunday the pumpkin patch.  More fun and more junk!

I tried to start the week off with something healthy.  Pumpkin quinoa is not for me. My boss was cranky with me last week, but he must be feeling better. I even got a smiley face from him.
  • Options
    @Heffalump Last year FI received a paper that was obviously written by the mom.  It was the best paper he had received all year, exceeded 9th grade vocabulary, and was from a C student at best.  The cherry on top?  The kid was supposed to rewrite the paper in their own handwriting but, shocking, was too lazy too.  He sent an email home explaining the student had until the next day to rewrite and submit the paper for a new grade less the late homework penalty or the student would receive a 0.

How can you really believe you're doing your child any favors by doing their work for them?  Helicopter parents at their finest!
  • Options
    OMG I cannot for the life of me figure out how to use the office phone.  HOW DO I MAKE EXTERNAL CALLS?  This is only reinforcing the level of stupid I am feeling today.
    Try dialing 9? 

You're not stupid. In my last office I couldn't figure out how to call out for about 6 months. I just used my cell phone because I felt silly asking how to use the phone. I shouldn't because it turned out no one had any idea how to use the outdated phone system. 
  • Options

Morning all! Welcome back @mrsconn23!! Tell us more!! I've always wanted to go to Hawaii.

The weekend was good! Friday I got a call about a potential job opportunity with some people I used to work with. They opened up a new company a couple of years ago and it is doing really well, so they're getting ready to open a 2nd location and will have positions open very soon. The manager said he is going to call me later this week or early next week with more details. I hope it ends up working out!

Saturday I slept way too late. Once I finally got out of bed I went grocery shopping, came home and baked a cheesecake, made chili, and DH and I watched TN get murdered by AL without even putting up a fight. It was shameful. After that, DH's godbrother and his fiancé came over to for a little while.

Yesterday was church and then a whole bunch of cooking for Thanksgiving in October. My mom was supposed to help but she got sick and couldn't come. My brother and his GF came for dinner and we had a great time. DH felt special and loved which was the goal. I had too much wine and I am totally feeling it this morning.

• Options
    Try dialing 9? 

You're not stupid. In my last office I couldn't figure out how to call out for about 6 months. I just used my cell phone because I felt silly asking how to use the phone. I shouldn't because it turned out no one had any idea how to use the outdated phone system. 

I've worked at my job for 6 months and I just figured out how to use the phone like 2 weeks ago. You're definitely not stupid!

• Options
    Try dialing 9? 

I've worked at my job for 6 months and I just figured out how to use the phone like 2 weeks ago. You're definitely not stupid!
    It's a 1, apparently.  But only on two of the lines.  The other four are an 8.  Head, meet desk.

--Philip Pullman

• Options

This weekend was crazy but fun.  We started Saturday with H having to go to work in place of a co-worker.  While it stunk for him, that will add to his comp time that can be used when Baby arrives.  We are going to try and not use any of his family leave because it would force us to pay our medical insurance premium out of pocket completely.  And its $$$$$, so he will be using up whatever comp time he has and vacation.  He is also going to see if he can get any work from home days to mix in and extend the time he has available.

My Saturday started with yoga, then paying bills, and then finally meeting up with a friend who I haven't seen in years.  She moved back here from FL, even after she moved back, I didn't get to make plans with her for a few months.  We have plans already set for Nov though!

Once I got home from there, around 4, I was ready for a nap!  Laying in bed, H comes over and says let's go down the shore for the night!  I had been wanting to head back down one last time, so I was happy when he suggested it!  So we packed up the dogs and left!  My parents are there now, so my mom made lasagna and Italian wedding soup for dinner.  We hung around the house on Sunday with my parents and headed home around 4.  Got home and made meatloaf for dinner, one of H's favorites!

Now its back to the Monday grind.  Only 18 days until our Vegas vacation!

• Options
    SaintPaulGalSaintPaulGal member
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited October 2016
    Welcome back, @mrsconn23!  Glad to hear you had a lovely time, and a big old "boo" to jet lag.

@AtomicBlonde, your fiasco sounds awful.  I don't know what went down, but I do know that it is far harder to forgive and move on when the perpetrator can't be honest and and least slightly contrite.  Also sorry to hear that the new role is swallowing you up at the moment.  

@Heffalump: wtf?  How could he possibly think that was okay?  And what is going to become of that kid when daddy isn't around to do it for him?

My weekend was a bit of a mixed bag.  I was a little gloomy and stressed out from work on Friday, and then we did literally nothing that evening which created a glumness feedback loop.  Neither of us really had the necessary mental bandwidth required for making an action plan, so we just sat around being mildly glum and dicking around on our computers.

Saturday we tackled some major house cleaning, which actually went much better than expected.  I can't tell you how good it feels to finally have the house looking nice again.  This was the worst it has been in a very long time--maybe ever--but we got everything looking great in plenty of time for our evening guest.  This guy was an old friend of FI's who had fallen out of touch with him over the years, and it was really great to watch them reconnect.  They have way more in common now than they even did back then, and it also sounds like we will get along great with his girlfriend the next time she visits (they live in a city a couple of hours' drive away.)

Sunday was both fun and dull.  Ran some errands and then spent time with a friend who basically has nothing to talk about besides the line of work he and FI share.  He's a nice guy, but there is only so much super-technical AV stuff I can stand to hear before my brain is dripping out my ears.  After that, we made some baby-steps progress on wedding planning.  We revised our super-tentative guest list and figured out who will be getting save the dates, plus I contacted another caterer for a quote.  We are about 9 months out so it's getting to be time to deal with some of that stuff.
  • Options
    Glad you had a great trip.
  • Options
    HeffalumpHeffalump member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited October 2016

Random confession: I was supposed to go work out at lunch, but I'm tired.  So I sat here fucking around on TK and now I'm going to Starbucks.  Workout FAIL.

• Options
    Heffalump said:

Random confession: I was supposed to go work out at lunch, but I'm tired.  So I sat here fucking around on TK and now I'm going to Starbucks.  Workout FAIL.

You went to Starbucks right?  Certainly that included some cardio!
  • Options
    Heffalump said:

You went to Starbucks right?  Certainly that included some cardio!

I tried the Chile Mocha for the first time, because I was curious.  I don't love it, I don't hate it, but the capsaicins in peppers are supposed to be good for your health, so I'm calling it close enough. :)

http://openheart.bmj.com/content/2/1/e000262.full

• Options
    HeffalumpHeffalump member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited October 2016

In other randomness, I just created my first ever Sign Up Genius, and I'm afraid to pull the trigger.  Which is completely silly, but I'm still hovering over "Proceed and Send Invitations" and can't make myself click it.

Whelp, here goes!

ETA: it worked!  And 6 slots are already filled!  Andplusalso, I can still edit it, so if I decide I totally hate my wording or find out that I misspelled cupcakes or something, it's NBD.

7 slots filled!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards