Wedding Woes

Sh!t got real on NextDoor

When I woke up this morning, I saw that there was a new post on NextDoor looking for people who witnessed an accident at an intersection near our subdivision. Apparently a man in a truck hit a car with 4 teenage girls - the girls were stopped at the light, and the man had been driving very fast/aggressively until he hit them. 
I tried to grab the post when I got on my computer, but it was either DD or removed by the admins. 

Yinz, this was a massive racist rant. I'm not excusing the guy for not driving safely or hitting the girls. It sounds like the car was totaled, but the girls weren't seriously injured (they were able to walk away). Apparently the man was rolling on the ground "putting on a show. he was obviously on drugs or drunk or something. you know how these illegals are. "
This woman was going on about how she started filming because this guy "had all of these relatives coming out of the woodwork like roaches" and they "got dramatic because that's what illegals do. they were all thugs and getting in the girls' faces to intimidate them."
She was going on about how she was a "federal officer" at the scene (and then said, well, she worked for TSA a while ago and that was her title), and how she had to "push the cops to even ticket the guy for driving uninsured" because the cops were "probably intimidated by all of the illegals and didn't want to do anything to get called racist." 
So she was "trying to rally the neighborhood because 'THOSE PEOPLE' should be accountable, and people need to [be like her] and stand up for the kids - because what if those were your teenage girls?"

I will say i'm proud of the people who had responded so far because basically everyone called her out on assuming that because this man was Hispanic he was undocumented, for all of the blatant racism, and misrepresenting herself/impeding the cops at the scene. That didn't go the way she intended.

My first thought was how someone should have checked the papers of the white woman in a Lexus who totalled my car in the same manner - because obviously "people like her" need to be deported.  (I was stopped at a red light, she tried to go through me at ~50mph)

Re: Sh!t got real on NextDoor

• Jeez! Talk about 'coming out of the woodwork' - seems like a lot of racism has spiked since the election! Good on those for calling her out on the b.s :(

Do they know if the driver was on something? Is he okay also? Glad the girls were able to walk away, but hopefully no long term issues :\

And jeez about your accident!! Was the woman just not paying attention or on something when you got hit?
  • Holy shit!!! I'm glad everyone was calling her out. Jesus!
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • What????? That is craziness! I'm glad people weren't butting up with that BS.

• I've lived in TX for a little more than 6 years now. If the guy was actually undocumented, I think his first instinct would be to GTFO/flee the scene. I'm guessing he would have been arrested if the cops actually thought he was on on something. If he hit a stopped car, he would have gotten ticketed for reckless driving, at a minimum.

The OP didn't seem to think that he was actually hurt - just playing it up. No idea what happened with him. She was too busy trying to drum up a mob.

My guess (based on my accident) is if they were wearing their seatbelts, the girls probably have internal bruising, maybe whiplash or a back or neck sprain, maybe a concussion - and all of that stuff will start to come into play in the next couple of days. They're going to be sore, either way. 

Mine was 5 years ago, on my commute home. The road has a small section of "highway" where the speed limit is 55mph, and then turns into a business route with a speed limit of 40mph. I was stopped at the light at the conversion point. I was the first one in line - the light turned yellow when I was a ways down the road, so I slowed/stopped because i knew i would never make it through. I guess she assumed that I was going to run the red and never bothered to stop. She realized at the last second that i was there an tried to swerve, so the impact point wasn't dead on the rear bumper. I'm lucky that I hadn't picked up Wolverine yet (she was ~9mo) because all of the back windows blew out and the back seat (and carseat) were covered in broken glass. My seat fully reclined. I was lucky that I didn't get hit by anyone when my car got pushed into the intersection and my injuries weren't more serious - but I was in PT for 2 months and still have lasting impact with the arthritis in my neck. This was my car:

• @*Barbie* Now that you mention it, if he were undocumented then he likely would have run. I didn't even think of that part!

Holy crap your car!! Glad you were able to avoid any too bad injuries :\ 
  • @*Barbie* Now that you mention it, if he were undocumented then he likely would have run. I didn't even think of that part!

Not excusing the post, but when my friend had someone drive through her neighbor's yard and into the corner of her house they hung around to talk to the police even though they were undocumented. He had no license, no insurance, and no green card. He borrowed money from his cousin who he was staying with to give to my friend to pay her deductible, but fled instead of giving it to her. Just saying, they don't always flee.
  • I can't stop laughing that a TSA agent tried to pass herself off as a Federal Officer.  

FI and I witnessed a drunk driver total a parked car last night.  We stopped to make sure he was okay (he was).  He was also white and bald - must have been a white supremacist </sarcasm>.  

@*Barbie* Now that you mention it, if he were undocumented then he likely would have run. I didn't even think of that part!

Not excusing the post, but when my friend had someone drive through her neighbor's yard and into the corner of her house they hung around to talk to the police even though they were undocumented. He had no license, no insurance, and no green card. He borrowed money from his cousin who he was staying with to give to my friend to pay her deductible, but fled instead of giving it to her. Just saying, they don't always flee.
    Huh?
  • I can't stop laughing that a TSA agent tried to pass herself off as a Federal Officer.  

FI and I witnessed a drunk driver total a parked car last night.  We stopped to make sure he was okay (he was).  He was also white and bald - must have been a white supremacist </sarcasm>.  

@*Barbie* Now that you mention it, if he were undocumented then he likely would have run. I didn't even think of that part!

Huh?
    Sorry. He stayed a week after the accident. I meant he didn't flee from the police at the time of the accident.
  • not saying that everyone that's undocumented would run, just that i think that if he was, he'd be more likely to run than create a spectacle and bring out his entire extended family. 

if anything, i generally attribute people being overly cautious drivers due to being undocumented - better to be safe than have to deal with police or immigration. 

• I definitely don't blame someone for being upset that a car full of people was hit by a person driving so recklessly.  But that portion is all that needs to be said.  A person will be vilified enough for that and should be.  But then she pulls the focus away from the problem with the racial slurs and assumptions.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Oh that's true. Horrible assumption I made :\ I actually was just basing that on the fact I'd heart of people fleeing the situation when undocumented rather than staying.
    In future I should assume people would stay regardless.
  • *Barbie* said:
    not saying that everyone that's undocumented would run, just that i think that if he was, he'd be more likely to run than create a spectacle and bring out his entire extended family. 

if anything, i generally attribute people being overly cautious drivers due to being undocumented - better to be safe than have to deal with police or immigration. 

A LEO friend of mine has actually told me that's a sign of an undocumented driver. They're trying so hard to not bring attention to themselves that they bring attention to themselves. 

• edited November 2016

double post
  • Oh that's true. Horrible assumption I made :\ I actually was just basing that on the fact I'd heart of people fleeing the situation when undocumented rather than staying.
    In future I should assume people would stay regardless.
    It makes sense that they would run. 
  • *Barbie* said:
    When I woke up this morning, I saw that there was a new post on NextDoor looking for people who witnessed an accident at an intersection near our subdivision. Apparently a man in a truck hit a car with 4 teenage girls - the girls were stopped at the light, and the man had been driving very fast/aggressively until he hit them. 
    I tried to grab the post when I got on my computer, but it was either DD or removed by the admins. 

Yinz, this was a massive racist rant. I'm not excusing the guy for not driving safely or hitting the girls. It sounds like the car was totaled, but the girls weren't seriously injured (they were able to walk away). Apparently the man was rolling on the ground "putting on a show. he was obviously on drugs or drunk or something. you know how these illegals are. "
    This woman was going on about how she started filming because this guy "had all of these relatives coming out of the woodwork like roaches" and they "got dramatic because that's what illegals do. they were all thugs and getting in the girls' faces to intimidate them."
    She was going on about how she was a "federal officer" at the scene (and then said, well, she worked for TSA a while ago and that was her title), and how she had to "push the cops to even ticket the guy for driving uninsured" because the cops were "probably intimidated by all of the illegals and didn't want to do anything to get called racist." 
    So she was "trying to rally the neighborhood because 'THOSE PEOPLE' should be accountable, and people need to [be like her] and stand up for the kids - because what if those were your teenage girls?"

I will say i'm proud of the people who had responded so far because basically everyone called her out on assuming that because this man was Hispanic he was undocumented, for all of the blatant racism, and misrepresenting herself/impeding the cops at the scene. That didn't go the way she intended.

My first thought was how someone should have checked the papers of the white woman in a Lexus who totalled my car in the same manner - because obviously "people like her" need to be deported.  (I was stopped at a red light, she tried to go through me at ~50mph)

I stereotype people who drive expensive cars recklessly as being entitled, rich a**holes.  Because they usually are.

I also stereotype drivers who do stuff to their motorcycles and cars to make them unnecessarily extra loud, usually accompanied with a fancy paint job and detailing, as being young males with small d**ks.  But I suppose I don't know their sex, age, or (ahem) physical attributes or lack thereof, lol. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'm on Nextdoor, but nothing crazy has really gone on yet.

I'm really glad that people called out that woman for her stereotyped post.  That is the kind of response we need to give back to racists who post shit like that.