Wedding Woes

Things...because I'm bored...

mrsconn23mrsconn23 member
First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its First Comment
edited November 2016 in Wedding Woes
1. I just spent 20 min squatting in my 'gift' closet (we have 2 closets in our bedroom, the smaller one is a HAM and perfect for hoarding gifts. Closet clean out and organization is on the list for the new year.) to find a stamp I bought in the Target $1 spot so I could measure it and buy $13 worth of ink pads.  This stamp purchase was all to avoid buying $2-ish worth of stick on gift tags.  Makes sense, no? 

2. Yesterday I had to go pick the kiddo up from school.  Before leaving, DH begged me to buy ice since we were out and had no room to put trays in the freezer and he was feeling lazy (I cannot wait to get a new fridge with ice.  DH needs to figure out our RO system, damn it).  It was raining and I really didn't want to stop, but I did.  The guy in the gas station was a total dick.  I paid for a 7lb bag of ice and they only had 22lb bags.  Instead of going back in to pay for the difference or get a refund, I just took the 22lb bag.  I have no ragrets. 

3. Speaking of the ice, DH hasn't used it since I bought it.  Bastard. 

4. The last time I had my hair done, I had highlights on top and purple underneath.  Since the purple faded out, my ends have turned some spectacular colors.  My mom was all, "What's wrong with your hair?!"  I cannot wait for my hair appt on Saturday. 

5. I may or may not have ordered stuff for myself from several stores during my Cyber Monday blitz. 

What's your things? 

Re: Things...because I'm bored...

• @CharmedPam you are 100% right about the shortened work week. I would sign the petition to get that going.

1. I have capris on. It is almost freakin December. This is BS.

2. My birthday is in 2ish weeks and I don't think DH will do anything for it. I doubt my mom or brother will either. That's a weird and sad feeling. I am the only person in my family who cares about birthdays so I always put ALLLL this effort into planning celebrations for other people and get nothing in return. Boo.

3. I'm with @charlotte989875 on wondering why people create accounts just to post a wedding recap. Unless you plan on getting involved in the community, don't bother.

4. I took my notary stamp home. My work did not pay for me to become a notary, it is nowhere in my job description, and I don't get paid extra to do it. I was getting absolutely sick of being asked to notarize things when the person wasn't here to sign in front of me. So I'm done.

5. Decorating a house for Christmas is not fun by yourself.

• 1.  We have talked about doing holiday cards for the last few years, but we are finally doing it!  I ordered some customized "top things about 2016" cards on deep discount for Black Friday.  In doing so I found out that Minted apparently has a print facility in my state just an hour or so away!  So the cards were ordered Friday just before midnight, printed yesterday, and already delivered by 10 AM this morning!  I think the estimate when I ordered was somewhere around the 7th, so I'm pretty surprised/excited!  Now I just have to find the time to write out 85 personalized greetings...

2.  One of my best friends got a job offer that will amount to a 50% pay bump for her!  She also gets to GTFO of a dysfunctional office that clearly does not value her the way they should.  Really, really excited for her!  She has been putting up with their bullshit for far too long.

3.  I have social functions for work three evenings this week.  I normally love that stuff, but I am just so short on time that it is kind of stressing me out. The one tonight goes until 7:30, then I have to shop for something to wear to a gala on Thursday where the theme is "think pink" for some sort of breast cancer tie-in. (Honestly not sure how/why, since the charity partner is something completely different).  Also have to clean the house since we are having friends over for dinner tomorrow.  Went and got our tree on Sunday but haven't gotten to do any decorating whatsoever yet.  FI leaves Sunday for a 2-week business trip, and I am flying out there to spend the weekend with him.  The very day he gets back from that we are having a holiday party for anywhere from 15 (confirmed) to about 100 people, open house style.  Then it is the week of Christmas, and then we head to Europe on the 28th.  Oy!
  • 1. My office smells musty because of wet carpeting ... *gag*

2. My sinuses are still plugged and this is b.s

3. Got confirmation on what SFIL suggested for MIL, not really wanting to get her that because she will literally get JUST that. We're on a budget and $100 for one thing isn't in that.

4. Found a cute dress that is fancy enough to wear for xmas party, but casual enough that I can wear it another time :)
    http://www2.hm.com/en_ca/productpage.0440029002.html

5. Two of my 'friends' are really irritating me, and I'm tired of feeling left out in the cold about it. I'm being Elsa now and letting it gooooo *makes snowflake castle*
  • 1. H is a spender and I'm a saver. He put it in my head that I should get a Cadillac when we pay his car off and now I'm convincing myself we can afford the new cheap one. Not good.

2. I am checking my emails every like 15 seconds hoping to get a job offer. I know I shouldn't be but I'll be super duper upset if I don't get this job because job hunting and interviewing totally blows.

3. Jimmy John's unwiches, while good, are not the least bit filling for me.

4. H wants a Christmas tree. Since my full name is She's So Scroogy and Cold, I'm not pleased at the thought, but especially the cost. He did not like my idea of getting one of those giant inflatable lawn penguins and putting it in the living room.

Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • 1. My office smells like a school cafeteria, it's weird.  There is some IT meeting here with people from various divisions, and whoever catered smells like school lunch.  ???

2. They did soccer pics for DS, and I don't think I'm buying any.  I got several last time, but this time the photographer must have had a thing for the coach, because most of the pics are of him, with the kid(s) orbiting around him.  I don't care about pics of DS with some rando, and I'm not in love with the ones of him with like 3 other kids.  I'm not going to put that on my desk--I see Greyson enough at pickup, and I can't freaking stand Holden.  PASS.

3. I know I complained this morning, but I'm glad for the rain.

4. I have no idea what to buy DH's aunt, and DH is trying to help ("maybe some kind of food?") but it's not like I can go to FoodRUs.com and be like "Please send food."  I need more specifics and am drawing a blank.

• Heffalump said:

1. My office smells like a school cafeteria, it's weird.  There is some IT meeting here with people from various divisions, and whoever catered smells like school lunch.  ???

Like food smelling?
  • 1.  I just found out (well technically I had my dates mixed up) that our company holiday party is THIS weekend (not next weekend like I had thought) and I just don't want to go.  The office that holds it is 4 hours away, and we already did a trip to LI last weekend that took 5 hours out and 4 back, and DH wants to go back their for x-mas in a month...

2.  I have no clue what to buy my family (brother and parents) for Christmas this year and I already have like no budget left since DH's B-day is a week and a half after Christmas and I spent a little more than I had wanted to on his gifts.

3.  My job isn't keeping me busy so I am getting bored at work.  When I ask my boss for things to do he tells me he "has stuff coming down the line, but for right now just keep doing what you can".  Nobody has anything right now.  Do you have any idea how long the day is taking??

4.  My DH works from home every other Tuesday (odd I know), and today he is home.  He was bragging about getting to sleep in this AM, but my kitty had other plans...I don't feel bad at all.

• 1. I just found out I'm $5,000 upside down in my car. Boo. I guess I won't be looking at a bigger car any time soon.

2. I assume from the pain I have a bruise on the back of my arm from when I hit the TP holder in my tiny bathroom while changing the litter box in hopes that my damn cat will stop peeing and pooping in the floor.

3. I'm over the pregnancy rhinitis. I can't breathe and I'm sick of blowing my nose. On the plus side, the cure is coming in around 11 weeks.

4. We had a customer come in and pay his service ticket, walk out the door, hop into his truck, and drive the trailer we just fixed into our gate. Apparently the gate is toast.
  • 1.   Count me in on the 4-day work week.  And not 4 10-hour day bulls**t.  4 8-hour days.  32 hours should be the new full-time with no decrease in pay.  I'll work longer hours if I have to, to get my job done.  But can we please stop pretending I have 40 hours/week of work to do?  While I sit here shackled to my desk to "look productive", but am secretly playing on TK.

Alas, soon it will be zero hours and zero pay, so I really shouldn't bitch.  Counting down to layoff time (sigh).  No official announcement made yet.  Just hoping I have at least until Dec. 31st.

2.  I am taking this Friday off, though.  I just have to.  I can't go back to a 5-day week cold turkey.  Pun intended.  Plus I have an interview with a real estate agency on Friday.  Thinking about becoming an agent.

3.  I don't understand this about myself.  When I have a ton of work to do, I am super productive and happy.  But when I don't, I procrastinate even the little bit of work I have and feel miserable and bored.  Even while keeping myself "busy" with "fun" stuff...like the aforementioned "Knotting".  I wish I had a magic potion for motivation.

4.  One of my back bottom teeth really hurts :(.  I don't think its a cavity, though.  I have bad gum disease and my back two teeth are the worst.  Sometimes they flare up. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • 3.  I don't understand this about myself.  When I have a ton of work to do, I am super productive and happy.  But when I don't, I procrastinate even the little bit of work I have and feel miserable and bored.  Even while keeping myself "busy" with "fun" stuff...like the aforementioned "Knotting".  I wish I had a magic potion for motivation.

I am the exact same way.  And I have to have firm deadlines to get ANYTHING done at all. You give me a wishy washy "No rush," it's pretty much guaranteed that six weeks later I haven't touched it. 

"And when they use our atoms to make new lives, they won’t just be able to take one, they’ll have to take two, one of you and one of me..."
    --Philip Pullman

• 1) most of my online purchases black friday - cyber monday were for me. I got one thing for DK, a bigger gift for Wolverine (a 3D pen for kids + extra plastic), and a gift for my dad. I got clothes, shoes, and random loot for myself. I got these last night for under $18 including tax and shipping: Delura Green Flats
    2) Only 3.5 weeks until we leave for our cruise. So excited to go to the beach and see the sights!
    2a) A designer of my favorite jewelry line is going to be in one of the ports while we're there. I met him a year and a half ago on another trip. DK is very strongly against visiting the boutique, to limit temptation - their stuff is really pricey, and with all of the unexpected home improvement costs, he's wary of walking in the door. I'm curious to see what's new though. 
  • 3.  I don't understand this about myself.  When I have a ton of work to do, I am super productive and happy.  But when I don't, I procrastinate even the little bit of work I have and feel miserable and bored.  Even while keeping myself "busy" with "fun" stuff...like the aforementioned "Knotting".  I wish I had a magic potion for motivation.

This is me too!!!  When I am busy I will complain that I don't have enough time to get things done...as soon as I have said free time I am on the couch binge watching Netflix instead of doing the things I claimed I didn't have time for two days ago!! I drive myself crazy!
  • Heffalump said:

1. My office smells like a school cafeteria, it's weird.  There is some IT meeting here with people from various divisions, and whoever catered smells like school lunch.  ???

Like food smelling?

Yeah, like mashed potatoes and gravy and boiled vegetables or something.  So strange.  Not exactly bad (although not appetizing), but an unexpected smell at work.
  • Heffalump said:
    Heffalump said:

Like food smelling?

Yeah, like mashed potatoes and gravy and boiled vegetables or something.  So strange.  Not exactly bad (although not appetizing), but an unexpected smell at work.
    Ew. Idk what's a worse office smell, yours or mine lol Both need febreeze!

At least our office sometimes smells like cupcakes from the bakery downstairs
  • 1. I have officially checked out from work for the year.  I'm just over it.  Having 4 a 4 day weekend last week sealed it, lol.  Thank God my Winter Recess for the University is Dec 23rd-Jan 2nd :-)

2. My family is pulling the "I don't know what I want" or "Nothing" for Christmas game.  I have warned them that unless I get a list of ideas, they will each receive a fruit cake.  I need some fucking direction, ppl!  I can't come up with oonique ideas for 20ppl every damn year. . . plus the several Bdays in December too ><

3.  I want to go home so I can work on my glitter houses for my mantel.  I need to call the gas company and have them come out and make sure the gas fireplace is safe to use too :-)

"Love is the one thing we're capable of perceiving that transcends time and space."

• 1. I did 90% of our Christmas shopping plus 6 birthdays and we bought a MaxTrainer and DH bought some groupon thing and a graduation present.  Every day is an adventure in what's going to be at the doorstep.

2. My body is sore.  I want a massage.

I don't know what else.

• 1) I'm so ready for holidays ...

2) Currently putting together a giant Ikea wardrobe and thinking that I should have just paid extra for Ikea set up services. It is a PITA.

3) H is not feeling well and is constantly having headaches. Being a nurse, I know all the bad sort of things that headaches can equal but H does not want to go and get his BP checked or even make an appointment with his MD cause Tylenol works. 'You shouldn't have to take Tylenol every 4-6 hours for more than a week without figuring out what is wrong.' Whatever, apparently I know very little.

4) I have to go back to that damned Ikea wardrobe ...

• ernursej said:

1) I'm so ready for holidays ...

2) Currently putting together a giant Ikea wardrobe and thinking that I should have just paid extra for Ikea set up services. It is a PITA.

3) H is not feeling well and is constantly having headaches. Being a nurse, I know all the bad sort of things that headaches can equal but H does not want to go and get his BP checked or even make an appointment with his MD cause Tylenol works. 'You shouldn't have to take Tylenol every 4-6 hours for more than a week without figuring out what is wrong.' Whatever, apparently I know very little.

4) I have to go back to that damned Ikea wardrobe ...

IKEA furniture is the best/worst...we were able to fit an entire living room shelving system plus 2 side and a coffee table into a Nissan Versa...and then spend two hours fighting about how it should go together to find that we reversed two pieces that look EXACTLY the same except for where the hole/holes were located...we ended up just drilling the new holes so that my shelves would fit in the bottom...so I hear ya!
  • Ro041Ro041 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited November 2016
    1.  My office has a monthly deadline system.  I got my November work done yesterday and now I can't find any motivation to work on December's work (even though it's a short month).

2.  We lost one of our Bostons this weekend.  She has had congestive heart failure for the past year and by Saturday, she was done.  I am heartbroken (she's the second dog we lost this fall) and I don't think most people understand how hard it has been for me.

3.  FI and I argued about the Christmas lights again this year.  I think next year, I will do it when he's not home.

4.  The furnace went out this weekend and the HVAC guy is coming today.  I am praying we don't need a whole new one.  

5.  The Simpsons marathon on FXX has kept me from going insane this past week.

ETA: Pic of the pup we lost.

• So sorry to hear about your pup, @Ro041. What a sweet face!
  • Thanks @charlotte989875  - she was a good pup.  Sorry if I brought the mood down!

• @Ro041  aww pup! One of my friends has a Boston Terrier also, and I know she worries about that also
  • Today's things ...

1. I remembered to take something out to thaw for dinner! {adult win}

2. I'm likely getting a cute dress tonight from H&M. I have half of cost in gift card, so rest I'll pay in cash. M is also getting some jeans from some cash we got from our house warming.

3. I'm getting my eyebrows done .... finally.

4. downside to today, is things keep making my stomach feel sick :( I got breakfast, thinking it would help. But it wasn't long enough term idea.
  • @Ro041, such a sweet little face!  I'm sorry again for your loss.

My random for the day is I wish the U.S. would get rid of $10 and $50 bills.  They are pretty much pointless.

Same for pennies and nickels.  Also pointless and cost more to produce than what they are.  At least I know that is true for pennies and I think it is for nickels also.  Just round up/down to the nearest 10 cents.  Consumers (largely) won't care and most companies will just slightly finagle their prices so they come out to a 10 cent increment after taxes.  I don't like carrying them in my change purse.  Nickels are fat.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Oh, no, Ro, I'm so sorry for your loss. :(

Remember weird talking coworker guy? He's the weirdest fucking guy. Our receptionist just took a call that she didn't know what to do with, put the guy on hold to ask me about it, as I was responding to her, another call came in, that Weird Talker picked up. His desk is on the other side of a cubicle wall from me. We can hear each other well. Receptionist wanted me to take the call she had, but I said, "Wait - it sounds like Weird Talker might have a call for me...." and then waited for a response. Nothing. He just sat at his desk with these two calls blinking on hold when he could clearly hear me. I said something again. Nothin'. So Receptionist goes back to her desk and takes her call. Weird Talker waits like an entire minute and says, "ShesSoC-OLD (his annunciation is freaking bizarre), if you are availa-BLE, you have a call from Client".

Yeah. Thanks.

Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • @ShesSoCold  what an odd duck ....
  • Ro041 said:
    1.  My office has a monthly deadline system.  I got my November work done yesterday and now I can't find any motivation to work on December's work (even though it's a short month).

2.  We lost one of our Bostons this weekend.  She has had congestive heart failure for the past year and by Saturday, she was done.  I am heartbroken (she's the second dog we lost this fall) and I don't think most people understand how hard it has been for me.

3.  FI and I argued about the Christmas lights again this year.  I think next year, I will do it when he's not home.

4.  The furnace went out this weekend and the HVAC guy is coming today.  I am praying we don't need a whole new one.  

5.  The Simpsons marathon on FXX has kept me from going insane this past week.

ETA: Pic of the pup we lost.

I'm so sorry. Lots of hugs for you.