Wedding Woes

FRIDAY!

mrsconn23mrsconn23 member
First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its First Comment
edited December 2016 in Wedding Woes
YAY!  We made it!

My car is back and way better.  Also, DH's grandparents bought DefConn the cowboy boots he wants for Christmas and they arrived yesterday.  They are so cute that they're squee-worthy.  Even DH gave a hearty "D'awwwwwwwwwwwww!" when I showed them to him.  ;)  I tried to sit down and wrap last night.  I organized a bunch of stuff and put it in boxes,  wrapped one thing, and put it all away.  So, that was a fail. 

What's up for the weekend?

Tonight: Getting a tree, hitting up Costco and Trader Joe's
Tomorrow: December bdays with my family at our house.  My mom's bringing her lasagna.  w00t!
Sunday: Decorate tree and I need to wrap. 

Re: FRIDAY!

• Awwww at DefConn in cowboy boots!

I wrapped two things last night, but only because Wooz wanted to use the big Amazon box they came in to make a house for Jack the elf. 

Tonight: riding lesson, town Festival of Lights

Tomorrow: both kids have swim, hopefully getting our tree between lessons

Sunday: getting our tree if we didn't manage it Saturday, decorating it either way.  (I also need to wrap.)

This is one of those weeks where we've collectively hit the wall.  Kids didn't want to get up, took forever to get them going, I was dragging.  So ready for the weekend.

• Finally Friday! This week has seemed impossibly long. 

No plans for tonight, I have to work early tomorrow, but we have date night tomorrow! Getting a tree, decorating, and wine. Probably dinner too, but I'm really just looking forward to getting a fire going and drinking some dry red wine together. 
  • Finally Friday! This week has seemed impossibly long. 

No plans for tonight, I have to work early tomorrow, but we have date night tomorrow! Getting a tree, decorating, and wine. Probably dinner too, but I'm really just looking forward to getting a fire going and drinking some dry red wine together. 
    This sounds like heaven right now.  Maybe I can pull it off with DH tonight after the kids are in bed.
  • My day is off to a poor start.  I woke up, felt like crap from whatever has knocked me down, left 10 minutes late for work and got stuck behind every school bus in three counties... Got to work and instead of a "Good morning," got a lecture from my supervisor, during which he managed to both blame me for not having the knowledge base I need to do my job well and call me a slacker in the same breath.  So I'm incredibly frustrated and starting to wish I had just stayed in my old job.  

And that little demon voice of insecurity in my head is wondering, "What if he's right?"  

If I felt even a little better, I would go for the world's longest run.

Meeting a pup tonight (if this isn't some ruse to lure me into a dark alley and stab me to death, yay for Craigslist...), decorating the outside of the house for Christmas, getting the absolute very last of the moving finished, and hopefully kicking this nastiness living inside my lungs and sinuses.

"And when they use our atoms to make new lives, they won’t just be able to take one, they’ll have to take two, one of you and one of me..."
    --Philip Pullman

• I'm hoping to get my 2yr old out of the hospital today.  Apparently he has "a very brittle reactive airway" so that's fun.  

Tomorrow we were supposed to go to a Christmas parade, but it doesn't seem likely.

Oh, and today is my birthday.
                            AlternaTickers - Cool free Web tickers
  • @AtomicBlonde I hope your day gets better. If you're going by yourself, text someone the address of where you're going and a time to hear from you or else they send the police.

I bought a diaper genie from someone off Facebook and on my way there, I started panicking a little thinking of all the women who've lied about being pregnant and lure truly pregnant women to them with the promise of cheap baby items only to cut their baby out of them and leave mom for dead. I texted a friend "I'm headed to this address if you don't hear from me by 6, send the police." Everything was fine, but I felt better knowing someone was watching for me.

This weekend, I plan on putting up the Christmas tree, but I need to go get some shatterproof ornaments (which I hate) because I'm not naive enough to think Mouse will leave it alone. Hopefully, H will put the lights on the house. Other than that, I'm going to work on scarves for Christmas presents. 
  • Happy Birthday, @ThisShamanluvsaMage!  Hope it brings you at least a sliver of joy in a crummy week.

My dad's surgery went well last night.  They opened the wound back up, cleaned it out again, and installed some sort of thing they will use to vacuum infected materials out in the future.  He has lost a bit more muscle and some tendons near the elbow.  Apparently they are going to try to get it healed first and then take a look at whether they need to do reconstructive work in the future.  He is going to be in the hospital until Sunday at minimum, depending on how things go.  He and my mom are both going crazy.  They are very active people and they hate just sitting around.
  • @ThisShamanluvsaMage
    ugh I'm sorry and hope the kiddo is okay. What a rough week for you!

I'm back at the hospital waiting for my dads echo cardiogram results. Yesterday the doctors said 7:30 (so we could schedule the terp), I get here at 7 only to find a note that says they'll be back at 9, so I go downstairs for coffee and come back and missed them. They said they'd be back in 30 minutes to give me time and that was at 7:15. That's cool. I didn't want to go to work today. 

Last night I filed 3 discrimination complaints against them as well for failure to provide an interpreter and knowingly violating the law. I literally emailed the DOJ and said "I am writing you from my dads hospital room, where I have been interpreting for him since 3."

Tonight, I'm working an event and having a much needed girls night. Tomorrow hopefully we spring the pops from the joint and then I told FI I just want to stay home and knock off the to do list. 

@atomicblonde good luck with the pup!
  • Happy Birthday, @ThisShamanluvsaMage!  Hope it brings you at least a sliver of joy in a crummy week.

My dad's surgery went well last night.  They opened the wound back up, cleaned it out again, and installed some sort of thing they will use to vacuum infected materials out in the future.  He has lost a bit more muscle and some tendons near the elbow.  Apparently they are going to try to get it healed first and then take a look at whether they need to do reconstructive work in the future.  He is going to be in the hospital until Sunday at minimum, depending on how things go.  He and my mom are both going crazy.  They are very active people and they hate just sitting around.
    Wound-vacs are both fascinating and disgusting.  If it has a thing where you can actually see the vacuumed stuff, don't look too closely.
                            AlternaTickers - Cool free Web tickers
  • Hugs and good vibes for Dad in the Mitten, and SaintPaulDad!

Today I get off at 2, running home for a workout then going to grab a beer with my friend (the high school boyfriend who was H's best friend, LOL). Tomorrow H is getting a leg tattoo finished so thankfully he'll stop bitching that it's been incomplete for so long. His tattoo shop runs a Christmas promotion where you get 50% free when you guy gift cards. So we buy him a $1000 card and get $500 free and that's his annual tattoo budget.

Sunday I have a Bears game at noon then a Hawks game at 6. Those marathon drinking and game days are always a blast.

My ex-boyfriend just sent me a friend request. I didn't know he had unfriended me.

Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • @mrsconn23  yay date night :)

@AtomicBlonde  ass boss. :(<3 get back up plan so no risk of Craigslist fear!

@DrillSergeantCat  It's horrible when that is a legitimate fear :( Glad this wasn't legit!

Happy birthday @ThisShamanluvsaMage ! Vibes for your little one!

@SaintPaulGal  Glad they got to treat him quick and no more risks!

Last night: went to my mum's place to browse her closet. Found a shirt and stole 2 pairs of socks. Not sure if I'll wear the top but we'll see. My uncle was there and he smoked up a bit. M was by window, so he was fine but I was in direct line. So I was pretty contact high when we left. I didn't trust myself not to start giggling in the store, so I had M go pick up a bus pass for me lol

Today: M's home sick with likely my cold. I told him to rest because he has to pick me up tonight since I have an appt. I would've just bused home if I didn't have the appt.
    Massage tonight. I can feel the sinus crap giving me a headache and in order to sleep and breath, I sleep crooked. So it's hurting my neck. Hopefully the massage will help both.

Tomorrow: Gotta pick up balloons and drop them off where our xmas party is. It's her 40th bday so we wanna kinda celebrate it a bit :)

Sunday: Likely lounge and cleaning day. We'll be out late and if M's trying to kick a cold, he'll wanna rest.

Today I get off at 2, running home for a workout then going to grab a beer with my friend (the high school boyfriend who was H's best friend, LOL). Tomorrow H is getting a leg tattoo finished so thankfully he'll stop bitching that it's been incomplete for so long. His tattoo shop runs a Christmas promotion where you get 50% free when you guy gift cards. So we buy him a $1000 card and get $500 free and that's his annual tattoo budget.

Sunday I have a Bears game at noon then a Hawks game at 6. Those marathon drinking and game days are always a blast.

My ex-boyfriend just sent me a friend request. I didn't know he had unfriended me.

That is so cool, I would love that as a gift. 

I love that you have this :)
  • @mrsconn23  yay date night :)

The kids were with us, so it was a 'family' date. LOL  They think they need to be fed every day or something.  ;) 
  • mrsconn23 said:
    @mrsconn23  yay date night :)

The kids were with us, so it was a 'family' date. LOL  They think they need to be fed every day or something.  ;) 
    damn .... I keep forgetting that rule lol

Wound-vacs are both fascinating and disgusting.  If it has a thing where you can actually see the vacuumed stuff, don't look too closely.
    I didn't know that was a thing until now.  I think that is the one part of this whole thing that I am glad I am three hours away from.
  • Good morning everyone! Happy Friday too!
    I hope everyone is feeling better after some rest this weekend.
    This week has worn me out but visiting home always does. My mother is exhausting. She wants us to have a "nice" time before I leave but wants it on her terms and I am basically not allowed to talk (because what I say doesn't fit her vision). I am also tired of answering some of the same stupid questions about my new country over and over again when Google exists. I know she is having a hard time but she is a hard person to have sympathy for. I have barely spent any time with my dad, which I do feel bad about. 
    Friends blocked off tonight for me to hang out with them last week. I am hoping the damage to life and limb isn't too great.
    1pm flight tomorrow.
    Sunday will probably be laundry, emails, and brainstorming christmas. I have not started any shopping yet but I have nothing but freetime until I leave so I am not too worried.
  • I want to wish good healthy vibes for all the WWers' family members!  There are too many mentions of hospitals today!

I missed yesterday being out of the office.  I will have to go back and read the Prudie letters!  I got what I needed for work yesterday and including driving time, worked enough hours to be done work at 2 PM when I got home yesterday.  And for some reason I was so tired, so up to bed I went instead of putting up the wreaths and candles for the windows - like I was thinking of doing on the drive home.

So I took an hour nap that was glorious!  I stayed in bed watching TV once H came home, but said I would cook.  I was too lazy, so I went down and bribed H with going out for a steak dinner!  So we ended up at Fridays because he had enough reward points for a free steak.  It was yummy!

This weekend is super busy for us.  Tomorrow we hope to head out to the tree farm and pick out the tree in the morning.  We usually bring the dogs, but don't know if we can this year.  We would have to put the tree on the roof of the car and there is no roof rack, so H is afraid it will get scratched up.  I will need to convince him!  We will have baby next year, so this may be the last time to bring the dogs.

We will also be painting the bathroom more on Saturday, going to church and having dinner with MIL.

Sunday, we are heading to a bar to watch the Eagles game.  They have a free half time buffet and last time we were there - it is a really good buffet!  We are meeting friends there.  Then in the evening we have a Christmas parade party at my friend's house.  They live right on the main road, so we stay inside until the parade starts by, then we go out to watch.  Its a lot of fun.  I will miss it when they ever move!

• *Barbie**Barbie* member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2016
    At work today, then headed to Nashville with the family, tonight. We'll be there through Monday evening, and beyond the hockey game, are going to be pretty flexible. I have all of the recs for food and sights, so we'll probably just go with the flow depending on weather and such. We had to pack WINTER CLOTHES, which was a BFD. 
  • I hope the kids and dads are on the mend soon!

we had our big event last night. I didn't get home until after midnight. This morning I've worked, gone to the store, baked 2  kinds of cookies, wrapped presents, washed 4 loads of table linens, packed three kids, and ha be kept them alive. I'm over today. 

We're going to the in laws this weekend and I'm not excited. 
  • mrsconn23 said:

Greedy bastards;). 
    You don't even know the half of it.   They keep growing and need clothes that fit, too.  LMAO
  • mrsconn23 said:
    mrsconn23 said:

Greedy bastards;). 
    You don't even know the half of it.   They keep growing and need clothes that fit, too.  LMAO
    they need a stern talking to about this stuff ...
  • @thefanciestbeckler that's just tacky of your friend. I'm side-eyeing the shit out of her.

• @thefanciestbeckler you do sound busy, definitely busy enough to not be able to make that meal any longer.

I'm in a serious battle with the hospital right now.  Like I said, I filed a complaint against the hospital last night for denying my dad access to an interpreter.  Well today they are trying to force the interpreter to wait in the lobby instead of the hallway outside of his door (standard operating procedure).  The lobby is 100 feet away (yes I measured), around the corner and has no clear visual path to the room.

I truly think the administration is retaliating against us because I complained. His poor nurses keep coming in and apologizing.  
  • Is there a social worker or representative he has that can advocate to the hospital on his behalf, @kimmiinthemitten, or reiterate his rights to the hospital admin? 
  • Is there a social worker or representative he has that can advocate to the hospital on his behalf, @kimmiinthemitten, or reiterate his rights to the hospital admin? 
    The interpreting agency has been.  Sadly, social workers don't usually know much about Deaf rights, and because this hospital is normally bad at providing terps, a lot of Deaf people don't come here so they don't have the exposure.  It's a catch 22.

Sadly, every time a parent of mine is in the hospital, I gear up for this.