Wedding Woes

It's the last Friday of 2016!!!

Anyone have any fun plans for NYE?

Tonight, we might be going to a friend's house to watch the UFC fight. I'll be taking along my bag o'yarn because all I want to do lately is crochet. 

Tomorrow, we're going to the memorial service of a 3-year old who was killed in a car accident two weeks ago. Her mom has just come out of a coma and still doesn't know her baby is gone. I'm going to be an utter mess tomorrow.

No plans for the evening. I try to stay away from all the crazies. We Okies aren't really known for our stellar driving skills to begin with and then you add alcohol into the mix? Nope, nuh-uh, no thank you. 

Re: It's the last Friday of 2016!!!

• This is how I feel about 2016 ending. 

• This is how I feel about 2016 ending. 

Meeeee tooooo.
  • edited December 2016
    NYE - we're prob tidying up during the day, but we're doing sushi and movie date in evening, then swinging by friend's place for ball drop.

@DrillSergeantCat  new baby for 2017!! :) (for you I mean ...)
  • Good luck tomorrow DSC.  How is the moms health now that she's out of the coma?

I'm the only person who hasn't hated 2016 it seems.  Partially because personally it was a great year.  And probably partially because I know 2017 is going to be the result of the disasters of 2016 so it doesn't give me much hope.  However, I love all of the "fuck 2016" stuff I've seen, it's hilarious.
  • I'm currently waiting formy dad so we can go visit my mom--who won't be home for new years.
    The kiddo is going to her (other) grandparents for new years, we're doing early dinner and staying in w/movies--old people new years.

I'm feeling like shit.  I maxed out my med regimine yesterday (which I never do) to knock out a multi-day migraine, and the result was that I was feeling 'ok' (relatively) and exhausted and had the shakes and wanted to puke until 3 am.
    God bless kids being old enough to self-entertain.
    (especially since the Mr. is currently working overnights--he got home at 4 am, realized I was finally sleeping, knows I"msick, and took a blanket to the couch so he wouldn't wake me up.)
  • Good luck tomorrow DSC.  How is the moms health now that she's out of the coma?

I'm the only person who hasn't hated 2016 it seems.  Partially because personally it was a great year.  And probably partially because I know 2017 is going to be the result of the disasters of 2016 so it doesn't give me much hope.  However, I love all of the "fuck 2016" stuff I've seen, it's hilarious.
    She has lots of broken bones and is foggy from the medication, but they moved her out of ICU and into a regular room so she's getting there. 
  • Just hitting a hockey game and grabbing pizza. I just sent Dh a text I need to escape some this weekend. We need groceries too so that'll probably be my alone time.  I can't believe we've survived the whole week without going to a grocery store, but I'm down to 2 apples and a half gallon of milk.