New York-Long Island

Venue for a tiny wedding in Long Island

Our wedding will be a small private event with 20 guests. I am having a rough time finding venues that will host an even this size. Most have minimums much smaller than that, or else will only host it during the day. I've already found Danilos. Any other suggestions? I'm open to Hudson Valley as well.

Re: Venue for a tiny wedding in Long Island

• You will probably need to go with a private room in a restaurant, as opposed to a catering hall or event venue per se.  
  • I am doing a smaller intimate wedding as well...so far I have looked at Hallockville, Shinn Vineyard, and Cowfish. I am not sure which one I like best. I am only having 35 guests for this day and plan to do a larger party on a seperate day in a park or backyard of a family/friends home.
  • Restaurant is a better way to go, I agree b/c they usually cater to smaller parties (ie. someone with a 200 person wedding wouldn't have it at a restaurant). Where in LI? Assuming Nassau if you are open to Hudson Valley.

Are you looking to have dancing as well or just eating, drinking, mingling?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Thanks for your responses.
    Yes, I'm thinking Nassau County. Coming from NYC and with most guests flying in from out of town, I'd rather not go far out east.
    I'm planning to skip the dancing, with such a small party. just eating, drinking, mingling.
    I'm fine with a restaurant reception, as long as we're not sharing the space/interacting with other restaurant customers.
    Off to check out Hallockville, Shinn Vineyard, and Cowfish.
    Keep them coming!
  • Check with Sansousi in Sea Cliff. I think they did a small wedding.
  • Thanks, Meghan.
  • edited April 2013
    Had a venue, but the hotel/restaurant owner has flaked. I'd appreciate more suggestions.
    Edit: wedding has grown to almost 30 people.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards