Wedding Woes

Life after The West Wing

So we're done with our fourth round of the West Wing and no longer have cable. What good shows should we stream next?

We're not really into shows like Game of Thrones and have been unable to get into Newsroom and House of Cards. 

Re: Life after The West Wing

• ei34ei34 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    I'm loving Jane the Virgin (comedy/romance/telenovela...not sure if it'd be your genre).  
  • mrsconn23mrsconn23 member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited August 2017
    My crazy ex-girlfriend
    Quantico
    The Crown
    Grace and Frankie
    Life in Pieces

I've watched 2 eps of Black Mirror and I'm not sure what to think yet. 
  • Black Mirror has some really good episodes. 

Grace and Frankie.

Parks and Rec

The Office (if you've never watched it all the way through)

Sherlock

If you have HBOgo, VEEP is pretty funny, although the awkwardness makes it a "small doses" type show for me. I also just started watching West World, and that's been pretty good too.  I'm really behind on shows. Don't judge me. 

• The Hour is great. Good Girls Revolt. The Man in the High Castle. Great British Baking Show
  • edited August 2017
    Housemate #1 loves "Grace and Frankie," "The Get Down," and "New Girl." "Sens8" is good, but definitely not for everyone. I also vote for "Sherlock," with the caveat that you should skip the most recent season.
  • What we're watching (netflix):

The Ranch
    How I Met Your Mother
    Bones {M is watching actually}
    Riverdale {only me - season 1 is on now and updates as shows air on tv}
    Sense8 {agreed with @OurWildKingdom - not for everyone but it is interesting}
  • I felt the same way about the Newsroom :(

If you have Netflix, we loved White Collar & Narcos recently. The new season of Naros starts in September so you're just in time! I'm rewatching New Girl during the day and will start on HIMYM after that. Seconding Parks & Rec and also 30 Rock if you didn't watch either when they were on TV. The last couple seasons of 30 Rock get a little meh but the early ones are great.
  • The Blacklist 
    Quantico 
    Bloodline 
    Ozark - we just started this 
  • I forgot about Bloodline.  It was good, but the end was kind of messy.  
  • mrsconn23 said:
    I forgot about Bloodline.  It was good, but the end was kind of messy.  
    I really loved it until the very end. And I didn't realize that season 3 was the finale! I was so disappointed. 
  • levioosa said:

If you have HBOgo, VEEP is pretty funny, although the awkwardness makes it a "small doses" type show for me. I also just started watching West World, and that's been pretty good too.  I'm really behind on shows. Don't judge me. 
    VEEP makes me cry laughing.  The first two seasons were gold.  JLD is amazing, but Tony Hale steals so many scenes.  

I love WestWorld.  I cannot wait for season 2's premiere to be announced.