Chit Chat

Anyone watching the Bachelor?

I really liked Arie when he was on initially. I think he is not the stereotypical macho muscle guy which is good to see. He came off pretty well last night though the show's fascination with his kissing technique is going to get old. 

The women seemed like the normal crew - some bitchy, some normal, some sweet, some crazy. I see a few in there who could be interesting. 
vikinganna87

Re: Anyone watching the Bachelor?

• lovesclimbinglovesclimbing Alaska
    2500 Comments Fifth Anniversary 500 Love Its First Answer
    I will be but not until a week after each episode because I don't have TV and ABC doesn't put them online until a week later. :(

I am so excited for Arie! Emily's season was the first one I ever watched, and I've watched every one since, Bachelor and Bachelorette, and I still think it's the best one of all of those. And for what it's worth, I typically like the Bachelor better than Bachelorette!

Anyway, I just knew she'd pick Arie in the end and was totally shocked when she picked Jef instead. 

scribe95
  • I am loving the entitlement of the one blonde single mom "I'm a Mom - I need more time!" "sammy needs a father figure!!!!"

scribe95ahoywedding
  • holyguacamole79holyguacamole79 a taco truck in Houston
    5000 Comments 500 Love Its Third Anniversary 5 Answers
    My Bachelor boycott is over!  I despised Nick, so I cheered when they announced it's Arie!  I'm curious to see what happens!  

Anniversary
    scribe95
    My Bachelor boycott is over!  I despised Nick, so I cheered when they announced it's Arie!  I'm curious to see what happens!  
    I liked Nick and always thought he got a bad rap he didn't deserve. I was so looking forward to his season, but I was disappointed. I'm hoping Arie doesn't disappoint me, too! 

edited January 9
    I just watched the first episode. 

Banjo taxidermy girl. Goodness. What will they think of next. 

When I first saw her, I though that Chelsea reminded me so much of Olivia and not in a good way. Looks and facial expressions. And then she started talking and it was like, "Oh, yea, even more!" I wonder if they're related. 

ETA: Arie in a suit walking over sand dunes. The end. 

ahoywedding
  • climbingwifeclimbingwife NYC 'burbs
    10000 Comments 500 Love Its Fourth Anniversary 5 Answers
    I just watched the first episode. 

Banjo taxidermy girl. Goodness. What will they think of next. 

When I first saw her, I though that Chelsea reminded me so much of Olivia and not in a good way. Looks and facial expressions. And then she started talking and it was like, "Oh, yea, even more!" I wonder if they're related. 

ETA: Arie in a suit walking over sand dunes. The end. 
    I thought the same about Chelsea! Totally reminds me of Olivia. 

lnixon8
  • Agree on Chelsea/Olivia. 

I have to say the demolition derby - and especially the color commentary - was an amazing scene. Best in years. 
  • I normally hate girls that get kicked off and immediately turn on others ("He kept the taxidermist over me!") but Arie giving a rose to the girl that had a breakdown because of "trauma" when she was in a bumper car and got bumped would piss me off too

• climbingwifeclimbingwife NYC 'burbs
    10000 Comments 500 Love Its Fourth Anniversary 5 Answers
    Bumper car trauma. That’s a new one. 

edited January 16
    Well, I'm now watching the second episode. 

I can't quite put my finger on why, but the getting a new dress and shoes and jewelry dates always creep me out. Maybe it's because I don't think anyone should ever be that excited over a pair of shoes. And I don't know, I kind of got a creepy vibe from Arie during that date.

ETA: ^during the clothing part, the rest was cool.