Wedding Woes

FOUND DUCK

So, someone on my NextDoor just posted this. I am dying. FOUND DUCK was the title of the thread. 

Is anyone missing a duck? I have one on my front yard. It has been here a couple of days. If no one replies I will call animal control. The duck won't let me get close to it. It will eat bread if I through it on my lawn. Please message me if it is yours. Please include a desciption or a picture. Thank YOU, Frank

Re: FOUND DUCK

• I’m confused. Do you live in an area that people would keep ducks or is this a wild one and no one has the heart to tell Frank?
  • Has this man been living in a bunker with Kimmy?
  • I'm laughing at "please include picture or description." Umm, it looks like a duck. 
  • levioosa said:
    I’m confused. Do you live in an area that people would keep ducks or is this a wild one and no one has the heart to tell Frank?
    Oh, I had the heart to tell Frank it was a wild duck. And I told him to stop feeding it bread. We have wild ducks, not too many pet ducks around. I don’t understand how he saw a duck in his yard and his first thought was “SOMEONE’S PET!”
    I think that’s sort of adorable. Like he’s so worried someone lost a pet he’s trying to care for it. Crazy. But a little adorable. 
  • wouldn't you know because pet ducks are usually white?

It's the 'found cat' picture of possum meme.  IRL.
  • As a PSA, I just learned last year that it's really bad to feed ducks bread. It's basically junky empty calories for ducks, making them overweight and malnourished. It also pollutes their water and can cause disease in flocks. Good alternatives are rice/barley/oats, corn, lettuces, peas, and cut up fruits.
    *********************************************************************************

• GBCK said:
    wouldn't you know because pet ducks are usually white?

It's the 'found cat' picture of possum meme.  IRL.
    My first thought :') 
  • It is funny, but I had a "pet" duck for a short time. I adopted an abandoned baby duck one summer (first summer I lived here and hadn't found a job yet). That duck followed me everywhere. Our apartment was next to a small pond so I would take him out to swim and everything but he lived in a box in our apartment. When we had to go out of town one weekend, I left him on the pond and when we came back he was no longer my "pet. I still think of him as our "first" pet.
    You were it's mama duck :)

This makes me think of a movie from the 90's .... I believe called "Fly Away Home" ? Girl finds baby geese and has to raise them then teach them how to fly, etc.
  • I guess I should make a post about someone's "pet" geese who keep pooping on my lawn.

In all seriousness, Frank sounds like an adorable old man and this is a sweet post compared to what's usually on Nextdoor.
  • Because @GBCK mentioned it and I have now been thinking about it ..... I googled and found the possum meme BUT ANOTHER ALSO!!

• Because @GBCK mentioned it and I have now been thinking about it ..... I googled and found the possum meme BUT ANOTHER ALSO!!

I REALLY hope these are done in jest, but I think that's optimistic to the point of delusional. 

I REALLY hope these are done in jest, but I think that's optimistic to the point of delusional. 
    I hope so too, but idk
  • I guess I should make a post about someone's "pet" geese who keep pooping on my lawn.

In all seriousness, Frank sounds like an adorable old man and this is a sweet post compared to what's usually on Nextdoor.
    He does sound sweet and like he is trying. It just cracked me up. I mean, I figured it just looked like any other duck but now I want to know if it’s white because that would make more sense.