Wedding Woes
Options

Friday

The kiddo is a licensed driver.  I just let him drive to school on his own for the first time.  Is it too early for a bourbon?

DH is having a blast at the draft.  We saw him on TV last night.  I totes fangirled.  :D<3 

Image may contain one or more people

SO happy it's Friday.   Even though I work tomorrow.  I took the whole morning off for the kiddo's driver test, and I don't feel like logging in.  So I'm watching last night's TV and I might take a nap.  ;) 

What's up for the weekend?

Re: Friday

• Options

Haha Mrsconn that's awesome!!!

Am I weird or are most bills due on a monthly basis? I feel like I've taken 100 calls this week with people upset that their policies are terminating due to non payment. "I just paid this bill!" Um, yes. Last month. Generally you need to pay for these things EVERY month.

Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • Options
    CharmedPamCharmedPam member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited April 2018
    OMG I'd be fangirling too. how awesome is that?!?

This morning, H and i were waiting on our phones right at 7:00 a.m. to check in with southwest.  I got in 20 seconds before him and got B2.  I saw his phone and it was delayed and he STILL got A24.  It was not early bird. He normally buys himself earlybird but since I purchased the tickets and don't think we need it (I'm cheap), I didn't.  How did he get A24 without early bird?  Do they recognize him as 'usually an early bird' person?  Either way, I'm glad he has more of a chance for emergency exit row for his bad knees (he's 6'4 and needs the leg room).

Sunday I have a reservation for Mesa.  I'm so excited because I've been following Beat Bobby Flay for awhile now and I love the show.  I also need a nostalgic walk through the mall.  Once I see that Paul Bunyan like stripper, I know I'm "home".

• Options

Haha Mrsconn that's awesome!!!

Am I weird or are most bills due on a monthly basis? I feel like I've taken 100 calls this week with people upset that their policies are terminating due to non payment. "I just paid this bill!" Um, yes. Last month. Generally you need to pay for these things EVERY month.

yes, but the months go by SO FAST lately that there have been times where I thought I paid my mortgage twice in a month (when I didn't)!

• Options
    @mrsconn23 That is so cool for your H! 

Thank god it's Friday. I've been in a funk all week and am looking forward to the weekend to hopefully reset. Getting through today will be painful though because I'm all alone in the office with one coworker who has been nonstop coughing all week and won't go home (I sit right outside her door). I want to go camp out in an empty office farther away but don't want to come off as rude. 

I have my last long run on Sunday before my half marathon in two weeks and it's supposed to be in the upper 30s and snow. Ugh. I may just do it tomorrow and get it out of the way when it's not AS cold.  12 miles in the snow would suck.
  • Options
    I do not want to talk to people today.  At all.  I'm furious at my ED right now; it interfered with my sleep last night and still had me in a mood this morning.  I'm basically working on not letting it color every little thing today.  I'm meeting with my VP and I have a phone conference set up Monday evening with a professional I trust, to get gutchecks, some perspective, and maybe some advice.

We've got roller derby this weekend.  And I've got paperwork.  And that's my freaking life right now, all the damn time.
  • Options
    I’m glad your DH is having a good time @mrsconn23! Safe vibes for the kiddo!

@ShesSoCold I’ve been having issues with my health insurance autopay where they autopay keeps resetting and so I have to go in manually and pay it. I can’t even tell if it’s going to spazz out until it’s already too late. It finally worked last month but I spent three months fighting with it. And the people at Covered CA/Blue Shield were zero help. I was so annoyed. 

Lots of vegging about today, with goals of reading a book and going to the gym. Yesterday when I was out at lunch with my mom, this woman was sitting out on the patio with a book and a margarita. I was like that’s a damn good idea. So I might copy her today. 

Wine tasting tomorrow! I’m so excited. I’ve looked forward to this for a month. And we have a party bus booked so zero concerns about driving plus they provide snacks and food. Yesss. 

• Options
    I’m super jealous @mrsconn23; I'd also be fangirling. I like the Bills' picks last night. I know Josh Allen is super controversial, but I think he'll fit the system here. And I love the Tremaine Edmunds pick. Funny that the Steelers (H is a huge fan) picked his brother. 

I've had a crappy 24 hours except for the draft. There is some fuckery afoot at the nonprofit and I am not here for it. Sometimes the lack of professionalism blows my mind. But I'm working from my other office today/a coffee show because I just can't deal with people today. 

• Options
    That pic is amazing @mrsconn23!  I'm glad he's having so much fun.

I have an event tonight and I am not excited about it.  It's a swim banquet.  I'd rather do my taxes with a migraine headache.  But alas, here I am.  Should be a good weekend - Sunday we're doing a girls Sunday Funday just because.  I think I'm going to uber to and fro for that one;).
  • Options
    Very cool about the draft!! DH went once when it was at Rockefeller Center in NYC and he fanboyed all over the place. 

Any other "football widows" here (or you make a widow/er out of your partner)? I cease to exist when the draft is on. Booooooring. 

• Options
    Very cool about the draft!! DH went once when it was at Rockefeller Center in NYC and he fanboyed all over the place. 

Any other "football widows" here (or you make a widow/er out of your partner)? I cease to exist when the draft is on. Booooooring. 
    I had to tell H when the Steelers were drafting last night, but we're both really into football. Our first date was to watch the draft, and our together time is watching games on Sundays. 
  • Options

H is a football widower. I'm a season ticket holder and H doesn't really like football. I watch all the football every Monday, Thursday, and all day Sunday while H usually watches something else in the basement. We did watch the draft together last night, though. He'll watch Bears games with me but he doesn't care to watch any other teams.
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • Options

H is a football widower. I'm a season ticket holder and H doesn't really like football. I watch all the football every Monday, Thursday, and all day Sunday while H usually watches something else in the basement. We did watch the draft together last night, though. He'll watch Bears games with me but he doesn't care to watch any other teams.
    So, that's totally my DH. We've lived in this home for two years and only have one TV hooked up here, and this past football season I was (still am) breastfeeding, so I've been trapped on the couch with a baby while he watched all those games. When the playoffs started (sans Bears, obviously) I'd finally had enough and burst out "CAN WE NOT WATCH ANYMORE FOOTBALL OH MY GOD!"

• Options
    edited April 2018

So, that's totally my DH. We've lived in this home for two years and only have one TV hooked up here, and this past football season I was (still am) breastfeeding, so I've been trapped on the couch with a baby while he watched all those games. When the playoffs started (sans Bears, obviously) I'd finally had enough and burst out "CAN WE NOT WATCH ANYMORE FOOTBALL OH MY GOD!"

Edit to clarify- I mean DH watches all the various games that you do, not just the Bears. 

• Options

Edit to clarify- I mean DH watches all the various games that you do, not just the Bears. 

LOL but the season is so short! And the playoffs are even shorter! And as bears fans, playoffs mean that we get to watch REAL football, with teams who actually have talent!

I'm dragging H to a Chiefs game this season with our friends from Missouri. I'm hoping that will get him into the Chiefs too so he'll at least watch those games.