• Images
  • Text
  • Find a Couple + Registry
GO
Wedding Woes

I...got nuthin' (PRUDIE!)

Dear Prudence, 
I’ve been having weird dreams about my brothers for years that confuse me and make me uncomfortable around them. They’re sex dreams; in the dream world we’ve usually been having a secret romantic and sexual relationship for several years. I feel very uneasy when I wake up from these dreams, especially because I do not think about my brothers in this way at all. I don’t even like thinking about having sex; I’m asexual and it’s not my thing. These dreams seem to increase in frequency when I’m stressed, and having them makes me even more stressed out. What can I do to get over this weird, icky feeling I have whenever I’m around them after these messed-up dreams?
—Weirded-Out Sister

Re: I...got nuthin' (PRUDIE!)

• CharmedPamCharmedPam Chicagoburbs member
    2500 Comments 500 Love Its Fourth Anniversary First Answer
    Our usual response?  Therapy. 

OliveOilsMom
  • Jen4948Jen4948 Houston member
    10000 Comments Seventh Anniversary 500 Love Its 25 Answers
    I assume Prudie prescribed therapy too.
  • Our usual response?  Therapy. 

Actually, before therapy, I would suggest the LW read up on some books about dreams, how they work, what they can mean.  I totally understand why they are finding this dream super creepy.  But the sub-conscious is trying to tell the LW that possibly has nothing to do with sex or even her brother.

I almost never have "sex" dreams.  But I did once about one of my tenants.  Super creepy also.  I was married.  He was married.  He's a decent enough looking guy, but I'd never even remotely had any even slightly flirty thoughts about him.  I just chalked it up to one of those "weird dreams, who knows what it really means".

Thanks for picking up the Prudie torch, @baconsmom!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
    baconsmomMesmrEwe
  • I think some reading on dreams along with some self-O's and it'll resolve itself...  asexual doesn't mean never-ever LOL..  
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker