New York-Long Island
Options

help!!!

So I recently found out I am expecting which puts our wedding plans into high gear. I'd like to have the ceremony before I am showing (June/Julyish) and am looking for a place thats reasonably priced where I can have the ceremony and reception. I feel like I'm just throwing this wedding together so any ideas on which venue will best accomodate that will be greatly apprecaited.

Also, for veunes do you know the $ symbols associated with the venues? What dollar range is $$$?
BabyFetus Ticker Pregnancy Ticker

Re: help!!!

• Options
    How much are you looking to spend/how many people?
  • Options
    mnj122904mnj122904 member
    First Comment
    edited March 2012
    I'm gonna try to keep it around 100 people or under and up to $20,000
  • Options
    Your budget is very workable! Was there an area of the island you'd like to keep within?
  • Options
    mnj122904mnj122904 member
    First Comment
    edited March 2012
    Not really. I don't want to go too far east like The Hamptons or Montauk. My real concern is a place that can do a lot of the planning for me since my priorities have changed. The less stress on me the better.
  • Options
    See about contacting the Watermill, they tend to have everything very straightforward and laid out. They are close to Smithhaven Mall, I can't remember the name of the man we spoke to, the only reason we didn't go with them is because my fiance has celiac disease and they couldn't sanitize the kitchen (they do more than one wedding at a time). Another option is Mediterranean Manor, they have all inclusive deals that would take a lot of stress off of you as well.

Congratulations and good luck!
  • Options
    Mediterranean Manor (Patchogue) and Ariana Waterfall Catering (West Hempstead) have all-inclusive style packages that include ceremony, reception, catering, centerpieces, limo, and photo/video.  Those would be the easiest, and they are both pretty far under the budget you've set (around $10-$12K for 100 people).  Other venues should also be pretty easy to work with - I'm getting married at the Fox Hollow (Woodbury), and while they don't do everything for you, exactly, their recommended vendors have all been really, really easy to work with, and it's been a very simple process so far.  I've also heard good things about the Lessings venues (they're all over Long Island).  Hope this helps!
    imagemy to-read shelf:
    Steph's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (to-read shelf)
  • Options
    maybe you should consider hiring a wedding planner to take the stress out of your planning! we recently hired elite(b)events and she specializes in elegant unique weddings on a budget. so far she is great to work with, has great reviews,very professional, and the best part is she specializes in budget weddings! check her out she may be able to help you.

good luck!
  • Options
    www.thesterlingcaterers.com/
    Check out The Sterling. Its a nice venue, however for me its a distance from my house as well as guests. They do cater to non-Indian clients.
  • Options
    Consider the Bayview house at Captain Bill's in Bay Shore. It's right on the water and very reasonable! We're getting married there in 33 days!
    Visit The Knot! Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards