Wedding Woes

Friday! The other best F word! :D

How's it hanging?  I'm watching the Good Place from last night and it made me tear up a little.  I love this show so forking much.  

DefConn is excited that Nailed It!: Holiday dropped today.  The host, Nicole Byer, has a hysterically raunchy podcast called "Why Won't You Date Me?"  NSFW or children (LOL), but she tells some hilarious stories. 

What's up for the weekend?

Tonight, continuing to chip away at getting the house ready to host Christmas.  Tomorrow, the kiddo's 18TH! birthday (OMG, I need a bag to breathe into)! I have to work and then we'll go out to dinner. Sunday, chill day and probably more stuff around the house. 

Re: Friday! The other best F word! :D

• I love the Good Place! I didn't watch last night's episode yet. 

I'm getting my tattoo finished tomorrow! So excited. And the rest of the weekend, I need to decorate the tree, clean the house, and Xmas shop for everyone. I'm not feeling it this year. 
  • Oh wow happy birthday to the kiddo!!! 

I'm going to drive to the Bears game Sunday since they flexed it to the night game. I've never done that but I'm too old and hate my job too much to go to work on 3 hours of sleep. We'll get home like 2 hours earlier driving than we would on the train. But I hate driving downtown and I'll be all nervous and shit. Not sure why H declined driving us and just waiting in the car..

I plan to bake tomorrow. I'm in a facebook group of old Knotties and we do a secret santa every year. So I'm going to make cookie plates for my person and a couple of the other girls I'm closest to in the group. Looking forward to getting my holiday baking on. Baking and eggnog are the only things I like about the holiday season.
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • Oh was it you guys who were talking about Ozark? Does it start slow and get better? H and I watched like 3-4 episodes and he's over it but I'm not sure if I'm ready to throw in the towel. 

Yay for finishing your tattoo, climbing! I'd love to see a picture of it next week if you're comfortable posting. 
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • Oh was it you guys who were talking about Ozark? Does it start slow and get better? H and I watched like 3-4 episodes and he's over it but I'm not sure if I'm ready to throw in the towel. 
    It gets better, IMO.  The show is at it's best when Marty thinks he's got everything under control when he really, really doesn't.  ;) 
  • @mrsconn23 Happy birthday to the kiddo!

@climbingwife I'd love to see your tattoo as well!

@ShesSoCold Have fun at the Bears game! H and I tried watching Ozark as well. I'm three episodes in and over it, H is still plowing through. I'm a little disappointed that I didn't get into it more.

So stinkin happy it's Friday. I had to be at work by 6:50 am to do an open enrollment presentation at 7 so I'm hoping it means that I can leave at 3:30 instead of 4:30. Tomorrow I'm getting my hair done in the afternoon and then off to a fancy pants wedding in the evening. Sunday will be a chill day. The inlaws may come over to meet the new puppy but secretly I'm hoping that they won't because I can't handle my FIL.
  • Happy 18th @mrsconn23, trip to Canada in the future? :)  I also love that you said fork.  I want to say fork and shirt more often but don't know who'd get it.

I loved ozark too. Have to get around to season 2.

Tonight I'm baking a cake for my nephews bday (it's mid week though) and heading over there for family time. That'll take up most my weekend.

I ordered 2 pair of jeans from macy's black friday sale.  same brand.  different color. One pair came last week and it was literally a size to big and like extra extra long, dragging on the floor.  I'm 6'0.  Last night the other color came in, and it's the perfect fit and length.  What the what? So funny how a different shade can fit so different. I'll still keep both but of course the better fitting one will get more wear.

• @mrsconn23, I like the Good Place also, but only started watching it this season.  I did go online before I started to get the back stories.

For some reason, I woke up at 4AM and couldn't get back to sleep until shortly before my alarm was going off anyway.  Ugh, I'm exhausted.  At least Fridays are only a half day for me.

Then I have a "to go" casual dining mystery shop.  Love, love that it is "to go"!  $25 reimbursement to dash in and out, take a few pics of the food when I get home, and write a 30ish minute report.  And the food at this place is usually pretty good.  It's also Middle Eastern, which I've been occasionally craving for the last month or two.  I've had a major craving the last two days in anticipation, lol.

Tomorrow, my H and I are returning our microwave to Target and (hopefully) getting another one there.  I also have a coupon for 20% off my entire purchase, so it will be a big trip.  Plus I have $300 in gift cards from when they did their 10% off sale this last Sunday.

Sunday should be a relaxing day at home.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Happy 18th @mrsconn23, trip to Canada in the future? :)  I also love that you said fork.  I want to say fork and shirt more often but don't know who'd get it.

I loved ozark too. Have to get around to season 2.

Tonight I'm baking a cake for my nephews bday (it's mid week though) and heading over there for family time. That'll take up most my weekend.

I ordered 2 pair of jeans from macy's black friday sale.  same brand.  different color. One pair came last week and it was literally a size to big and like extra extra long, dragging on the floor.  I'm 6'0.  Last night the other color came in, and it's the perfect fit and length.  What the what? So funny how a different shade can fit so different. I'll still keep both but of course the better fitting one will get more wear.

I despise that there is no rhyme or reason to sizing or clothing design.  Even within the same brand and sometimes even the exact same style!  Like you just experienced.

There is also so much abject stupidity.  Like the obvious fork up on the jeans length.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • UGH I hate that shit, Pam. I'm dealing with this from Old Navy right now. I found a lightweight sweater thing I liked. Knew their cuts can be wonky so I bought the one I tried on. Both armpits had tiny little holes. So I exchanged it for a new one but that one was cut weird and was short and wide. So I returned it, but the store didn't have it in my size anymore. So I ordered it online and it came yesterday. It's huge. So frustrating.
  • UGH I hate that shit, Pam. I'm dealing with this from Old Navy right now. I found a lightweight sweater thing I liked. Knew their cuts can be wonky so I bought the one I tried on. Both armpits had tiny little holes. So I exchanged it for a new one but that one was cut weird and was short and wide. So I returned it, but the store didn't have it in my size anymore. So I ordered it online and it came yesterday. It's huge. So frustrating.
    you'd think they would have a master pattern, right?  Mine were probably a size larger than what is on the tag. I had to hike them up urkel style because it was so baggy in the torso area. and it was still to long! But these ones - fit just fine! 

• My small vent for the morning: overly dramatic headlines.  I worriedly clicked on "Snow to Blanket the South in Major Winter Storm".  I wasn't worried about snow where I am, but thought there might be low/near freezing temps (nope).  According to the article's map, there will be snow in the top 10-15% of the South.  Hardly my definition of the word "blanket", which I inferred to mean most of the South.  

Wedding Countdown Ticker
    you'd think they would have a master pattern, right?  Mine were probably a size larger than what is on the tag. I had to hike them up urkel style because it was so baggy in the torso area. and it was still to long! But these ones - fit just fine! 

This happened to me too with Jeans at old navy.  I ordered 5 pairs when they did their $10 jean sale a couple months ago!  I ordered 3 different colors, and a couple of them were longs, all the same size.  The 2 pairs I ended up keeping are 2 different sizes, and the regular length ones are longer than the longs.  I just don't understand!

Also, I was home sick all day yesterday and Wednesday afternoon, so I missed my industry Christmas party last night AND my book club on Wednesday.  Super sad about both.  I feel a lot better today (although I definitely don't SOUND) a lot better.  I literally napped and sat on the couch the entire time and I really think I needed it. 

I have to grocery shop tonight because H's former boss is coming over tomorrow night and some college friends are coming over Sunday morning.  I'm thinking about doing a taco bar tomorrow- chicken and beef in the crock pot, different kinds of shells, and tons of veggie/salsa/hot sauce toppings, chips and quac, rice on the side.  Does that sound too casual?  I feel like I'm a little worried that it's not June Cleaver enough and I should make a roast or something. 

Also, I just flagged "the good place" to start watching on Netflix and I can't wait.  I've heard so many good things!  I did love Ozark though.  It was definitely slow in spots, but overall was super good.

• I’m so behind on the Good Place. 

Jeans and their stupid sizing issues are why I can only buy them in person. Literally the same pair, same size will fit differently. And that goes for cheap brands and expensive brands. Although the expensive brands tend to be a little better. It’s so annoying. 

Work today. My friend wanted me to go on a last minute trip to wine country with her but I couldn’t make it due to work. I feel bad saying it, because I know she needs the company, but I’m kind of relieved. I need a few days to just relax. 

• So I guess I’m going knot mobile.  a coworker just got a handslap for internet use (part of me thinks she’s on probabtion too).  Like, nothing bad - just constant internet use.  I wasn’t told anything about my use or anything but I’m totally playing it safe now.

so i apologize in advance since I have really big hands and a regular size phone.  I’ll be having more typo’s now. 

• Office holiday party tonight, and a divisional offsite, so I’m pretty much done working for today. And I’m taking Monday off so things are good. I’m tired because I let the dog sleep on the bed; he’s cranky because H is still gone and I work more hours than he does. 

Im looking forward to a super quiet weekend. My plans really are a long run on Saturday and attempting the soup SSC recommended. That’s it. 
  • 18?!?!?!?

Stupid school holiday shop. 

I bucked up on Monday and went shopping for jeans.  I tried on some in Madewell but could not wrap my head around $120 a pair that came with all sorts of special instructions. They felt to tight, but I was assured the would fit perfectly in 5-6 hrs.  Um what am I supposed to do until then? I ended up at Hollister and Aeropostale.  I won't feel bad if they aren't a perfect fit if they're only $30.  I did say if I'm still this size next year I might treat myself.

We have DH's upper level party tonight.  Nobody is looking forward to it.  I asked DH weeks ago if he wanted a bottle of wine or something to take and he said he had it covered.  He doesn't have it covered.  Luckily I have some buckeyes in the freezer.  It's the thought that counts right?

Tomorrow futsal, bday party, M2 has a sleepover, and we're sending the boys to Kids Night Out.  DH and I are going out with our neighbors.  We've never done that so I'm feeling a little "first datey."

• So I guess I’m going knot mobile.  a coworker just got a handslap for internet use (part of me thinks she’s on probabtion too).  Like, nothing bad - just constant internet use.  I wasn’t told anything about my use or anything but I’m totally playing it safe now.

so i apologize in advance since I have really big hands and a regular size phone.  I’ll be having more typo’s now. 

It's funny how different workplaces can be!  At mine, I don't use my cellphone for any of my work.  So, if I'm on my phone, it is obviously only for something personal.  I would get a "closed door talking to" fast if I was regularly being seen using my cellphone.

I was so pissed at a previous job.  I had an unexpected, important personal phone call come in and was on my phone for about 20 minutes.  I hardly ever used my personal phone at that job and, if I did, it was never more than a few minutes with the exception of that one time.

My boss, who was a Carlotta* lol, wrote me up for it.  Despite the fact that he was on his phone with his fiancée every day.  Multiple times a day.  They typically weren't long calls.  But if you added all the time together, it was about 20-30 minutes every, single day! 

For more of his Carlotta-ness, he made a variety of employees cry on multiple occasions because he was such a mean jerk.

• He was moved from one store to my store because employees had banded together at his previous store to file a harassment lawsuit against him.
    • At my store, one the managers who got the worst of his treatment was transferred to another store, because it was so bad.
    • He called one of our Hispanic employees a "puta" (whore in Spanish) to her face.  He was higher up than me, but I was part of the management team also.  She wasn't comfortable talking to HR directly, but reported the incident to me.  With her permission, I reported it to HR.
    Yet, despite all the substantial evidence of what a nightmare he was and a potential liability nightmare at that, did corporate do anything?  Nope.  Maybe they had discussions with him.  I wouldn't know about that.  But he was still working there when I left, smh.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • My son has been up since 3:20.  Not sick, just not tired and up for the day.  So I’ve been up since 3:20.  With a bit of a to-do list and a packed weekend.  So just over here dreaming about a big bed in a quiet hotel room somewhere far away  :D