Wedding Woes

Happy Tuesday!

I had another personal snow day yesterday. Several other people in my office were out and I talked to HR so it wasn't a big deal. 
It was perfect too because our realtor came over to take pictures for the private network so I was able to clean the ass out of the house all day. It was so nice too, when it was done. Like after she left, I think I just kind of walked around admiring how everything was perfectly in its place.

H told his boss we're moving so one less anxiety for me. 

Today I came in and caught up on my emails in 8 minutes. I was out yesterday and 8 minutes into today, I'm out of work. I wanted to say that to my asshole coworker with her snarky, sarcastic-ass "Wow! You made it in!" 
Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever

Re: Happy Tuesday!

• I missed yesterday but we’re also gearing up for some crazy temps and weather. We’re forecasted 1-2 feet plus 40-45MPH winds and windchills of -20. We’ll see but trucks were already out pre-salting so I’m guessing this might be the real deal. 

Not much else. H has a phone interview today for a position he’s excited about but trying to not get his hopes up. He had coffee with a guy he knows there and it went well & the guy gave his some good insight about the job so fingers crossed! 

My my mom and I are supposed to see a documentary tonight on Simon & Garfunkel but the storm is supposed to start tonight. I’m hoping it won’t be too bad and I can make it home easily from the show! 
  • I missed yesterday but we’re also gearing up for some crazy temps and weather. We’re forecasted 1-2 feet plus 40-45MPH winds and windchills of -20. We’ll see but trucks were already out pre-salting so I’m guessing this might be the real deal. 

Not much else. H has a phone interview today for a position he’s excited about but trying to not get his hopes up. He had coffee with a guy he knows there and it went well & the guy gave his some good insight about the job so fingers crossed! 

My my mom and I are supposed to see a documentary tonight on Simon & Garfunkel but the storm is supposed to start tonight. I’m hoping it won’t be too bad and I can make it home easily from the show! 
    Which documentary is this??

Not much going on here today. I'm tired and cranky. 

Which documentary is this??

Not much going on here today. I'm tired and cranky. 
    It’s called “The Simon & Garfunkel Story” and it covers their early years through the 1981 concert in Central Park. Here’s the link to the event https://www.ubcfa.org/event/100510/the-simon-garfunkel-story
  • I got up and shoveled the driveway this morning and it was super cold.  The snow and roads (in the N/NW Chicago burbs) were AWFUL yesterday and we had freezing rain and snow all day until about 7pm.  Even though it's below zero all day today, at least it's sunny for the moment and I'm wearing new shoes. 

• well, I was supposed to get spinal injections this afternoon, but my doc cancelled them because of snow.  I'm getting them Thursday afternoon, and work got shortchanged by the schedule change, but thems the breaks.

THat said, the only reason I was going to work this AM was for a meeting--since all the schools that visit my work are closed, we're slow, so I"m just tele-working into the mtg in 10 minutes here.

The puppy has ONE TOY that still has a squeaker, and she just found it and is squeaking it constantly so I think I need another room to be in before this meeting.

I don't have a plan for if the kiddo has a snowday tomorrow, but, I'm guessing she'll have a cold day, because county rules are that if the windchill is -20, they cancel.  and it's looking that cold.
  • All schools in our area are closed through Weds due to the frigid temps and windchill.  I'm on the fence about WFH tomorrow.  If the buses are running, I'll probably go in.

I've got a problem tooth and my dentist has referred me to an endodontist.  Fun times.  
  • My office (in northern Illinois, but NOT a suburb. people here get all upset when you call this a suburb) is closing tomorrow. I'm pretty surprised but it's going to be stupid cold tomorrow. Windchills of -50. I think H will be home too. 

Yay for more time to be house-productive!
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • Volunteered at Book Fair this morning. Other parents have me salty.  Yes, please send your child with $18 in change and a wish list that totals $20 (prices are marked on the wish list so the parent could have added it up, but didn't bother). 

We opted to close down today in case school is cancelled tomorrow and parents are bitching.  Considering NOBODY VOLUNTEERS I think the people that DO SHOW up should have the say.  We have to ship stuff back Wednesday regardless.  I don't want to take my kids tomorrow in the -15 weather.  Six days of time slots- before school, after school, evenings, daytime, bring your little kids, don't need a background check.  2 volunteers not on the board.  TWO.

that's about it for today

• Good luck to everyone on the polar vortex path!

Our regularly scheduled day here in the Counseling Office has diverted to Grief Counseling, the freshman who’d been battling cancer passed away last night.  Lots of heavy hearts.  I’m in total awe of the strength, courage and grace she (and her parents and siblings) have shown these past several months. 
    My mother is in surgery now, having the tumors removed from her bladder.  
  • oh @eileenrob.  What a tough day.  I am so sorry.
  • @eileenrob sorry to hear about both of those events. I bet it is tough at the school today :(
  • That’s terrible @eileenrob. I’m so sorry. Good vibes for your mom. 

I have an appointment today but otherwise that’s it. I’m using today as a rest day from the gym. FI bought me a kitchenaid mixer for my birthday/our anniversary (in March) but then he hid it terribly (it was in the office in plain sight with a sweater thrown over one side, lol). Of course I saw it so two nights ago I made him give it to me now. I am not a patient person. I have some “healthy” cookies I want to make tonight. 

Warm thoughts for everyone in the in the polar vortex path! 

• I'm sorry @eileenrob. Thinking good thoughts for your mom. 
  • @eileenrob that's so hard.  I'm so sorry.  T&P for your mom.
  • @eileenrob what a rough day.   I hope your mom's surgery is successful and you and the rest of the school are able to provide the needed resources for those students.  

We will have rain and then vortex.   It's January!  And while I'm not hoping for a temperature that makes my skin want to fall off, I'd like winter precipitation in Connecticut to be snow! 

SSDD.   I have a meeting at 2:30 and I woke up at 5 AM thinking about it and couldn't fall back asleep.   Work has a great way of making me anxious and there's nothing I can do about it. 

• Eileenrob - Prayers for your student, that is so sad.  And prayers for your mom for a quick recovery and good outlook from the doctors.

Leviosa - Get a scraper beater blade, they are amazing!  You get everything done much quicker since no scraping the sides of the bowl, the beater blade does it for you.

Not much today.  Yoga after work.  We are supposed to get mostly rain today and then turning to snow for a coating.  The dreaded polar vortex is hitting us too, but not nearly as back as MN and IL and other Midwest areas, so I won't dare complain to you all!

One thing I'm working on is that my insurance company give you a $250 gift card if you make certain health goals for the year.  One goal is a health assessment that WebMD offers.  So I took it.  People always tell me my blood pressure is really good.  But WebMD is not telling me that at all.  They are saying I need to lower it.  What?  I gave blood last week and my blood pressure was 128/88.  And the time before that, it was 120/80.  So, are the professionals taking my blood pressure wrong?  Does WebMD have high standards?  IDK, but someone needs to figure it out!  My score is also 51/100, so I guess I need to start exercising again!

• Oh Eileen I am so sorry. I hope your mom's surgery goes well. 
  • mrsconn23 said:
    ((hugs)) @eileenrob.  T+P's for your mama. 

MY MOM'S SCANS WERE CLEAR!!!!!! WAHOOOOOOOOO!

Other than that, just trying to get prepped for the polar vortex.  I'm running to the store on lunch in a little bit.  School was not delayed or canceled. Tomorrow may be a different story.  A few universities have canceled classes and are effectively shutting down their campuses tonight through midday on Thursday. 
    That is such such great news!!! So happy for you all!!
  • Yay MrsConn23, that’s amazing news!!
    eileenrob, so sorry for your loss and fx everhthing goes well today
    oliveoilsmom - yes it could have been taken incorrectly!  Can you do it again?  Mine is higher than usual lately.  Some people have “white coat syndrome” where they see the white coat and it goes up.  I hate when they take it right when I get into the office and I’m not relaxed.

our office building may not even be able to open tomorrow.  I already changed my nail appt to Thursday in case the salon is closed or will close early or maybe she gets to go home early now?  I’m also thinking of leaving my car at work till thurs and uber it home.  I may wfh tomorrow anyway.  It’s not a closed garage but it’s covered and may be better than sitting out in the open cold... i don’t have a garage at home.  WHat do you think? Will it make a difference? 

• MrsConn - Such great news!!!!

Pam - I don't think my blood pressure was taken incorrectly.  The top number is usually around 120 (the 128 did seem like a fluke - its not usually that high).  But every time a real live person takes my blood pressure they say its good or really good afterwards, but now WebMD is telling me its not a good blood pressure.  That is the part I don't understand! LOL!

• Oh i go to: https://bloodpressureok.com when I want to check up on mine.  Its a decent site!

• edited January 2019
    Good luck Chicago Friends! 

• Thanks for the tip @OliveOilsMom! Technically 120/80 is pre-hypertension, which may be why you are getting poor results on the website. The goal is <120/80 

• Thanks Leviosa! 
  • I went out on lunch it's already brutal out there.  Sitting in the house is so deceiving since it's bright and sunny out.  

Temps dropped so fast last night and ice formed so quickly, that most roads and parking lots froze before there was a chance to salt them.  One of my BFF's broke her arm because her foot slipped right out from under her as she was getting out of her car at her kid's school and she cracked it on the running boards of her Jeep. 

This is her second broken bone in the last couple years (she broke her ankle in a freak accident when she missed a step and fell off her brother's porch).  I told her I'm buying her a bubble wrap suit.  ;) 
  • I’m so happy to hear about mommaconn!!!
  • School is closed tomorrow!  We’re having a “p” party- pancakes, pizza, popcorn, and ps4!
  • Just saw my alma mater is closed tomorrow. It is like 5 minutes to walk from one end of campus to the other so I'm really surprised they are closing. Guess they don't want some dumb college kid walking around in flip flops!