Wedding Woes
Options

Pruuuuuudie Day!

Happy Thursday, ladies!!

I ended up with yesterday off too because the realtor and the photographer had to reschedule. But we should be officially listed by Monday. I’m finding new anxieties every day. Yesterday it was the fact that pictures of the inside of my house will be on the internet. I don’t know why but it feels weird and intrusive to have pictures of my bathroom out for all to see. But I guess I have to if I don’t want it to be MY bathroom anymore!!

I had a great weekend. went to David Allan Coe Friday night (poor guy was AWFUL. He’s too old), Saturday we had the paint touched up and the tile guys finished at like 4. We had a party starting at 7. Thankfully it was in the basement because the main floor was still a MESS when everyone got over.

I HIGHLY recommend “Empty the Bar” as a party theme. We had a BLAST. Also, since we’ve been purging, we have a TON of crap for a garage sale or donations. I got raffle tickets and we raffled our old shit off. It was hysterical. I didn’t think it would be such a success but people LOVED winning shit. It was all dumb crap too – like, I found a Stone Cold Steve Austin toothbrush and I had this coffin shaped backpack from when I thought I was goth in middle school, a popcorn maker shaped like the Stanley Cup, just random shit like that. Way more fun than a garage sale.

Monday we went to Cannibal Corpse and Morbid Angel which was fun. Between bands, the pit was playing Duck Duck Goose. That’s when you KNOW you’re metal. LOL

I hope y’all are having a good week!

Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever

Re: Pruuuuuudie Day!

• Options
    Thank goodness it's already Thursday! This week has been rough on H and I for a lot of reasons so I'm ready for the weekend and a chance to reset. 

@ShesSoCold Your house selling journey has gotten me looking at houses like crazy. I actually found the most perfect house ever this morning but it's going to sell super fast. Our house also isn't even close to being ready to sell and it makes me sad that we probably shouldn't put an offer in on the house I found.

@climbingwife I completely missed that you got a dog! What kind of dog do you have? Also, I'm totally going to throw a birthday party for our second dog when she turns one in July.
  • Options
    @climbingwife Look at those faces! What sweethearts!
  • Options
    OMG, Theo's doggy grin is the best!!  :)

All whammies at bingo last night.  It was a good time.  The afternoon with my mom was nice.  

So ready for this week to be over.  Other than that, SSDD.  
  • Options
    Love their faces @climbingwife! Definitely have the birthday party. 

Not much here. Had a great dinner out with my friend last night. We had a little too much wine and I skipped the gym this morning (I’m going to try and make it after work). H has a networking event tonight so fingers crossed something comes out of it. 

I took tomorrow off and it could not have come at a better time! I’m exhausted and like everyone else can’t wait for the week to be over. 
  • Options
    @climbingwife - what cuties!

Just peaking in for a minute.  We are on Day 9 of the 10 Day Orientation I facilitate so it's crazy busy at work.  It's a good group this time so that's a plus.

Hoping to catch up on housework and stuff at home this weekend.  We are in the bulls eye for another dump of snow.  I'm so sick of winter!  It's also "Spring Forward" weekend and that always makes it tough to get up in the mornings for a couple of weeks.

Next Weds I have a root canal re-do.  Not looking forward to that at all and am hoping for all the drugs so I don't feel anything or care what's going on.  

Happy Prudie day!

• Options
    SSDD.  Nothing much to report about today, except that I'm ready for the weekend.

I had decided last night to suck it up and try to reconnect with a really close friend that I had to take some distance from b/c of some of her behaviors recently.  I miss her and I love her, so I was like, just create clear cut boundaries and it'll be fine.  I pull up her FB profile to message her and she is already in a new relationship.  Her serial dating/break up messes are why I had to start pushing some distance.  The last break up was exceptionally bad and cost me a lot emotionally, trying to help her, getting her resources, checking in on her, etc.  The last breakup was not even 6 weeks ago (depending on which "break up" instance I choose to count, b/c the breakups take 1-2 months to actually stick).  I just closed the profile.  I still can't handle it after this last one and I don't want to be there for the start-up of the pattern I've been through with her at least 4 times in 3 years.

I am planning float trips again this morning.  I neeeeeeeeeed some warmth and sunshine!
  • Options
    OMG @climbingwife that photo just totally made my day!

This afternoon I am having a conversation with my boss about a role change for me that she is trying to pass off as a promotion/professional development. 

Thank God I have an interview tomorrow afternoon. 
    Good luck today. 

Congrats on the interview! That seems like a quick turn around from when you starting applying?
  • Options
    short+sassyshort+sassy member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited March 2019
    OMG @climbingwife that photo just totally made my day!

This afternoon I am having a conversation with my boss about a role change for me that she is trying to pass off as a promotion/professional development. 

Thank God I have an interview tomorrow afternoon. 
    Nice!  Good luck!  I remember the post you had a little while ago about the upsetting incident you had at work.

It does seem like "promotion/professional development" are often corporate-speak for a lateral move or more work/responsibilities, but with no or little extra pay.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    SSC - that party sounds great. Do you have your next living arrangements figured out or is it all dependent update when the house sells? 

Sparklepants - good luck with the interview!

Climbingwife I love the doggie grin
  • Options
    6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    I have zero work today. I treated myself to grocery store sushi (made on site at least) and I’m going to lay in bed and watch bridgets Jones baby. 
  • Options
    Count me as another one so over this cold weather. I love the Clark Kent vs. Superman analogy @mrsconn23! That is so cute! 
    I'm super excited that I bought a console table at a Salvage store sale this morning. I just started following this store on FB and they announce flash sales the day before with pictures of items. So the sales start at 10am the next day. I was in line this morning and got the table for $99 when it is regularly like $369. It is replacing a bookcase that DD is taking off our hands. (remember all those books H purged last weekend??)
    Bracing for more snow tonight other than that not much else.
  • Options

Sparkle - Good luck in the interview!

Climbing - Pups are so cute!  Why are you removing the dew claws?  I've not heard of that before!

Yesterday was so busy.  I still have a lot of work to do, but its not as urgent.  I had so much dumped on me yesterday I wasn't even able to get out of work for one of the Ash Wednesday services the local Church has.  At least I refrained from eating meat ;)

We are going out to dinner after work and I can't wait!  They have a March special of a fried chicken sandwich in between two waffles with a Jameson Maple sauce.  Yum yum yum!

• Options
    ei34ei34 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    Adorable dogs @climbingwife, the party sounds awesome @ShesSoCold and good luck on the interview @sparklepants41!

My mom is having a rough week with this week’s chemo treatment (this is week 4 of 6...she was told they’d feel tougher as they kept going) so I feel bad.  And one of my aunts with advanced Parkinson’s is having a difficult week too.  So hoping things improve for both of them.  
  • Options

Sparkle - Good luck in the interview!

Climbing - Pups are so cute!  Why are you removing the dew claws?  I've not heard of that before!

Yesterday was so busy.  I still have a lot of work to do, but its not as urgent.  I had so much dumped on me yesterday I wasn't even able to get out of work for one of the Ash Wednesday services the local Church has.  At least I refrained from eating meat ;)

We are going out to dinner after work and I can't wait!  They have a March special of a fried chicken sandwich in between two waffles with a Jameson Maple sauce.  Yum yum yum!

Theo's dew claws are not attached to anything, so they're very floppy. Because of that, he runs the risk of getting them caught on things, and ripping them and having it become infected. With how active he is, and how much we hike with him, two different vets suggested we have them removed. 
  • Options
    eileenrob said:
    Adorable dogs @climbingwife, the party sounds awesome @ShesSoCold and good luck on the interview @sparklepants41!

My mom is having a rough week with this week’s chemo treatment (this is week 4 of 6...she was told they’d feel tougher as they kept going) so I feel bad.  And one of my aunts with advanced Parkinson’s is having a difficult week too.  So hoping things improve for both of them.  
    Hugs for your mom and your aunt. I'm sorry they are having rough weeks. 
  • Options
    Sending lots of healing vibes and positive energy for your mom and aunt, @eileenrob.

Sounds like an awesome party, @ShesSoCold. If we ever move, we might do something like that (without alcohol, maybe empty the fridge?)

Busy day at work today. Probably going to have to stay late, but after that is a meeting I really want to go to. I don’t want to stay late, but I’m not giving up my afternoon off tomorrow. There’s an International Women’s Day march tomorrow afternoon, and before that, I need to run to the bank.
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    Silly newlywed question: I’m getting my taxes done Saturday. DW is on disability and hasn’t had to file in years, but her income is higher than mine. How should I file, and what documents do I need to prove that we’re married?

ETA: And it just occurred to me that I don’t think I updated my W—4! I was so concerned with getting her on my health insurance and getting life insurance for her that I completely forgot the tax aspect of getting married. I hope they don’t ding me for it.
  • Options
    OWK no worries on the W4, it just affects how much/how little is taken out but that is about it. You may want to adjust it going forward depending on if you end up owing or getting a refund. 

If someone is preparing your taxes for you they should be able to help you see if it is more advantageous to file as married filing jointly or married filing separately. 
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    kvruns said:
    OWK no worries on the W4, it just affects how much/how little is taken out but that is about it. You may want to adjust it going forward depending on if you end up owing or getting a refund. 

If someone is preparing your taxes for you they should be able to help you see if it is more advantageous to file as married filing jointly or married filing separately. 
    Thanks! That eases my mind.

ETA: Is bringing our marriage license enough, or should she come with me?