Wedding Woes

It's Monday....And we're tired...

We all still dragging from the time change?!

How was everyone's weekend?
Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever

Re: It's Monday....And we're tired...

• I didn't want to make a double Monday post so I made my initial one short. LOL

H had a vasectomy and a cyst removed on Friday. TMI but he's had this benign cyst since he was a kid and since they were goin' in to sterilize him, might as well lop that thing of too. The incision is HUGE (for that area) and he's miserable. He's home icing himself today. 

Our house went "live" yesterday and we have our first showing tomorrow night! I'm SO FULL OF ANXIETY. I'm checking Redfin and Zillow like every ten minutes to see if people "favorite"d it. This thing better sell or I will never sleep again. 

Both H and I gave our jobs huge notices that we were leaving because we knew we'd need time off for the house and move and everything. And we told them that. But now that it's happening and we're needing time off, both our jobs are pissed at us. Not sure what else you want, here. 
    Hope you’re H feels better soon! How long is recovery supposed to take? 

I was the same way when our house went live. I swear selling is so much worse than buying. The feedback people give is insane. We had someone complain that the house didn’t have a garage and that why’s they weren’t doing a second showing; it said in the description there was no garage!! (Sorry this still infuriated me). 

When is your last day? 
  • I don't feel like the time changed messed with me, thankfully. I remember being super tired last year. 

Weekend was great and relaxing. Friday we cooked and watched TV. Saturday I ran errands. We decided to stay in and since it was my cheat meal, we ordered a ton of food. Sunday I took a few classes at the gym, and then did stuff around the house. 
  • Doctor said 2 weeks of no lifting or straining or anything. H has a F/U two weeks out and I assume he'll have stitches removed then, so I'm sure that'll add another several days of misery.

Neither of us gave a date, just a "Hey, we're listing our house next month and will be leaving when it sells". We both knew we were taking a gamble with giving them such big notices and they could replace us before we were ready. So we could be here 3 months till or a couple weeks. So I know it sucks for our jobs too because they have businesses to run. So I get it, but we told them this would happen. I might just pick a date so I can be done. 

I am SO NOT excited about the feedback. I'm already mad at the three people who "X Out"ed my house on Redfin. LOL. But yeah how bizarre that they were mad about something they knew about ahead of time!
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • edited March 2019
    @ShesSoCold Fingers crossed that your house sells quickly! 

@charlotte989875 I should've done my long run on Saturday. Even though Sunday was technically warmer, it was super windy and cloudy and wet. Made for a miserable 14.5 mile run. 

Weekend was wonderful. Friday night H and I hung out and relaxed from our week. Saturday we brought the puppy to the groomer and ran some errands. Saturday evening we went to an event at a local brewery that was celebrating International Women's Day and then out to dinner with the in-laws after. Sunday was our long run, which I used an excuse to veg out on the couch for the rest of the day. I did get in a little meal prepping and the grocery order placed so the day wasn't a complete waste.
    Yeah it was predicted to be super windy Sunday (and it was, we lost power Saturday night-Sunday morning) so I really wanted to avoid that. I need to switch my long runs to Sunday soon, but it’s so dependent on the weather! 

I swear by this time last year the weather was consisntrly better and I was always running in below freezing temps. Or with this much snow still on the ground. 
  • We had snow that turned into rain yesterday and I underestimated how slippery the deck stairs were when I went to take out the recycling. Slipped, landed on the concrete base at the bottom of the deck steps HARD on my tailbone. LSS, I'm getting an X-ray tomorrow morning to make sure it's not broken. 

Other than that, weekend was great. Babypants didn't seem too affected by the time change. AND we made homemade meatballs on Saturday that she chowed on Saturday night and insisted on having again for dinner last night. I snuck a lot of veggies into the sauce, so both she and H got a great amount of veggies lol. 

@ShesSoCold I hope your H recovers quickly! Good luck with the house selling process!!!
  • @mrsconn23 We watched Free Solo over the weekend and it made me so anxious! I have a pretty intense fear of heights so I was super uncomfortable during a lot of it. H loved it. 
  • I am exhausted today. My dad ended up having a heart attack on Friday. We are at the worst hospital and I’m upset about it. I wanted him to go to another hospital and EMS insisted on this one because they didn’t want to spend their time going to the other one I wanted. So I’ll be complaining about that. He’s getting an angiogram right now and hopefully they don’t find anything that needs a bypass. I am ready for a 15 hour nap. 

• edited March 2019
    levioosa said:
    I am exhausted today. My dad ended up having a heart attack on Friday. We are at the worst hospital and I’m upset about it. I wanted him to go to another hospital and EMS insisted on this one because they didn’t want to spend their time going to the other one I wanted. So I’ll be complaining about that. He’s getting an angiogram right now and hopefully they don’t find anything that needs a bypass. I am ready for a 15 hour nap. 
    Oh no levioosa! I’m so sorry that he had the attack and you’re where you don’t want to be! Sending all the good thoughts to you and your family. 

You deserve all the naps. 
  • levioosa said:
    I am exhausted today. My dad ended up having a heart attack on Friday. We are at the worst hospital and I’m upset about it. I wanted him to go to another hospital and EMS insisted on this one because they didn’t want to spend their time going to the other one I wanted. So I’ll be complaining about that. He’s getting an angiogram right now and hopefully they don’t find anything that needs a bypass. I am ready for a 15 hour nap. 
    Oh no! I hope he's OK. 
  • @levioosa I'm so sorry to hear about your dad! Sending lots of good thoughts to you and your family. You certainly deserve some rest after the weekend that you've had.
  • mrsconn23 said:
    Seriously, why does DST turn me into a crabby toddler all of a sudden?  It's never bothered me this much before.  I'm ALL FOR abolishing DST.  It's fucking stupid. 

Other than DST crabbiness, the weekend was good.  We had a nice time with foster nephew on Friday night.  Saturday, DefConn and I did Costco and Trader Joe's while DH went to the gym. I found the chicken street tacos that have been all over FB at Costco (they are the rage with my mom group ladies) and I cannot wait to try them tonight.  I hope they're not a let down.  ;) 

We got an impromptu date night with our good friends on Saturday.  They didn't have their kids (they're both divorced and usually have at least one set of kids on a weekend) and my parents took DefConn.  Before we met them for dinner, DH and I went back to the bar where we first met and had a drink. 

Yesterday, we slept in, had breakfast, went to the store, then were visited by the donkey, goat, and mini-horse that live across the street.  The goat really wanted in the house too.  It took a couple other neighbors and a cop to get them back to their barn. 

We watched Free Solo last night.  So good.  Definitely recommend and it's kid-friendly.   
    Hmmm...I'm going to Costco this week.  I'll have to look for them.  Though my local Costco is a mini one (relatively speaking) and doesn't carry nearly as much.  It's a good third smaller than the local Sam's clubs and the Costco's I've been to in other states.  BUT, it's way closer to my house than any of the Sam's, so I work with what they carry.

Second bolded: I had to read that paragraph a few times.  I thought I kept missing something that you all went to a petting zoo, lol.  I would love so much to have a pygmy goat and a mini-horse, but I am in a way too urban environment for the time being.

My grandma grew up on a farm in Hawaii.  They kept their doors open most of the time for breezes and because the weather is usually nice.  Her and her siblings had a pet pony who hung out with the dogs and thought it was one.  She said her mom was constantly having to shoo that pony out of the house, lol.
    lol!  The area I live in is weird, because it feels rural at times...but it's really not.  Across the street from us, there are people who have quite a bit of property and one of the neighbors has a barn and pen where the goat, pony, and donkey live.  But a half mile north of my house is the highway and the neighborhood behind us is full of McMansions.  We're only 20 min from downtown Indy too.  Most of the houses on the west side of our street have been there for many years.  Our house is the oldest one (and original to this property) on our side of the street. 
  • @levioosa, I'm so sorry.  That's a lot to go through.  T+P's for your dad and you and your family. 
  • @mrsconn23 We watched Free Solo over the weekend and it made me so anxious! I have a pretty intense fear of heights so I was super uncomfortable during a lot of it. H loved it. 
    OH it was definitely nerve-wracking to watch.  DefConn was all sorts of, "I will NEVER do THAT!"  LOL 
  • short+sassyshort+sassy member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited March 2019
    I'm not as tired as I usually am this morning.  I am tired, but that's just my norm, lol.  I can't blame it on Daylight Savings.  Though, I swear, that first morning drive in darkness is a precarious one every year.  I'm like, "Do none of you people drive at night? Is the darkness really that confusing for you, smh?"

@SheSoCold, good luck with the listing!  I hope your H starts feeling better soon.  Sorry your all's workplaces are being annoying, now that the end is in sight.

@charlotte989875, there's a regular, many pages long, continuing post on my real estate investing forum.  It's titled something like "Crazy Things Applicants Say".  There are a lot of posts of something that is super obvious in the ad, but people schedule and come to a showing anyway.  And then complain because the unit is a 2-bedroom and they need a 3-bedroom.  Or, just like your example, they want a garage and the house doesn't have one. 

Edited to add: @levioosa, I'm so sorry to hear about your dad!  All the Ts and Ps.   
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'm not as tired as I usually am this morning.  I am tired, but that's just my norm, lol.  I can't blame it on Daylight Savings.  Though, I swear, that first morning drive in darkness is a precarious one every year.  I'm like, "Do none of you people drive at night? Is the darkness really that confusing for you, smh?"

@SheSoCold, good luck with the listing!  I hope your H starts feeling better soon.  Sorry your all's workplaces are being annoying, now that the end is in sight.

@charlotte989875, there's a regular, many pages long, continuing post on my real estate investing forum.  It's titled something like "Crazy Things Applicants Say".  There are a lot of posts of something that is super obvious in the ad, but people schedule and come to a showing anyway.  And then complain because the unit is a 2-bedroom and they need a 3-bedroom.  Or, just like your example, they want a garage and the house doesn't have one. 

Edited to add: @levioosa, I'm so sorry to hear about your dad!  All the Ts and Ps.   
    I can only imagine what professionals hear from showings! 

The other one that that bugged me (a lot!) was about the neighborhood; we were in the city (which is not a super nice area) and the people complained about how it wasn’t in Suburban School District a good 10 miles away. Like, ugh, how in the world would you think this house, in a different county, would be in that district. 
  • levioosa said:
    Oh, @levioosa I'm so sorry. Sending healing vibes to your dad and keeping my fingers crossed that he gets good news/can get transferred to your first choice hospital. Hugs for you. 
  • Leviosa - Sorry to hear about your dad.  Prayers for a quick and easy recovery.

SSC - Quick healing vibes for H and good luck with the sale!  We got some weird comments when we sold my house, but it was a cheap short sale and the house was very small, so I always laughed when people said it was "too small".  Umm, it said it right there in the listing "perfect size for a single or couple" and the house is a bargain as there was no updating needed! 

Sparkle - That stinks about the job location.  I'm assuming DH works downtown and moving would not be an option?

I was so insanely busy on Friday!  I'm still packed with work, but nothing super urgent.

Weekend was good.  We got at lot done.  So far the time change has been ok for us.  But I'm keeping DD on a tight bedtime schedule this week to make sure she gets enough sleep until she fully adjusts.

Tonight its just me and DD after work.  H has karate.  This weekend is a full one.  My BFFs H turns 40, so Friday night we are going to do an ax throwing thing.  Saturday is H & I's 7th anniversary and Sunday is my BFFs son's birthday party!  So I will just be wishing the week away for our fun weekend!

• mrsconn23 said:
    mrsconn23 said:
    Seriously, why does DST turn me into a crabby toddler all of a sudden?  It's never bothered me this much before.  I'm ALL FOR abolishing DST.  It's fucking stupid. 

Other than DST crabbiness, the weekend was good.  We had a nice time with foster nephew on Friday night.  Saturday, DefConn and I did Costco and Trader Joe's while DH went to the gym. I found the chicken street tacos that have been all over FB at Costco (they are the rage with my mom group ladies) and I cannot wait to try them tonight.  I hope they're not a let down.  ;) 

We got an impromptu date night with our good friends on Saturday.  They didn't have their kids (they're both divorced and usually have at least one set of kids on a weekend) and my parents took DefConn.  Before we met them for dinner, DH and I went back to the bar where we first met and had a drink. 

Yesterday, we slept in, had breakfast, went to the store, then were visited by the donkey, goat, and mini-horse that live across the street.  The goat really wanted in the house too.  It took a couple other neighbors and a cop to get them back to their barn. 

We watched Free Solo last night.  So good.  Definitely recommend and it's kid-friendly.   
    Hmmm...I'm going to Costco this week.  I'll have to look for them.  Though my local Costco is a mini one (relatively speaking) and doesn't carry nearly as much.  It's a good third smaller than the local Sam's clubs and the Costco's I've been to in other states.  BUT, it's way closer to my house than any of the Sam's, so I work with what they carry.

Second bolded: I had to read that paragraph a few times.  I thought I kept missing something that you all went to a petting zoo, lol.  I would love so much to have a pygmy goat and a mini-horse, but I am in a way too urban environment for the time being.

My grandma grew up on a farm in Hawaii.  They kept their doors open most of the time for breezes and because the weather is usually nice.  Her and her siblings had a pet pony who hung out with the dogs and thought it was one.  She said her mom was constantly having to shoo that pony out of the house, lol.
    lol!  The area I live in is weird, because it feels rural at times...but it's really not.  Across the street from us, there are people who have quite a bit of property and one of the neighbors has a barn and pen where the goat, pony, and donkey live.  But a half mile north of my house is the highway and the neighborhood behind us is full of McMansions.  We're only 20 min from downtown Indy too.  Most of the houses on the west side of our street have been there for many years.  Our house is the oldest one (and original to this property) on our side of the street. 
    I hear ya! It can be like that in the NOLA metropolitan area also.  You don't have to go too far out to find half-acre/one acre (or more) sized lots.  I just happen to live in a fairly dense part of the city because that's more my cup of tea.

I'm about 2 miles from the Downtown and less than a mile from the French Quarter.  LOVE it!  Far enough away I don't get embroiled in any of that hullabaloo, but close enough to be really convenient.  The downside is I don't have a big enough yard for even a pygmy goat to be happy.  I even looked into it, lol.  They're so little I thought "maybe....".  But, no.  They need more room to roam to be a good environment.  Plus I have close neighbors and I've heard goats can sometimes be noisy.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Leviosa - Sorry to hear about your dad.  Prayers for a quick and easy recovery.

SSC - Quick healing vibes for H and good luck with the sale!  We got some weird comments when we sold my house, but it was a cheap short sale and the house was very small, so I always laughed when people said it was "too small".  Umm, it said it right there in the listing "perfect size for a single or couple" and the house is a bargain as there was no updating needed! 

Sparkle - That stinks about the job location.  I'm assuming DH works downtown and moving would not be an option?

I was so insanely busy on Friday!  I'm still packed with work, but nothing super urgent.

Weekend was good.  We got at lot done.  So far the time change has been ok for us.  But I'm keeping DD on a tight bedtime schedule this week to make sure she gets enough sleep until she fully adjusts.

Tonight its just me and DD after work.  H has karate.  This weekend is a full one.  My BFFs H turns 40, so Friday night we are going to do an ax throwing thing.  Saturday is H & I's 7th anniversary and Sunday is my BFFs son's birthday party!  So I will just be wishing the week away for our fun weekend!

Most of the firms in my industry are downtown. H works in RI, but my parents just moved to be closer to us, so for us to move closer to this company (which is near central MA) would be tough for my parents and tough if H and/or I ever made a job change in the future. 
  • I'm surprisingly not affected by DST although I still miss the days when IN didn't participate. I did enjoy going for a walk after dinner last night while it was still light out. But I was sad it is once again dark in the morning. 

Today is day 11 of low carb-ish eating. I say ish because I haven't been super strict although still way better than it was previously. Most surprising is I don't even miss the snacks I used to have, especially during the work day. I refuse to give up diet coke/diet mt dew though. I always wondered if it contributed to sugar cravings since I've read about it but that doesn't seem to be the case now. My H is finally getting on board with this too but he's being a butthead trying to say I can't have them and I'm like look dude I've done my research and I feel comfortable with still having them even though I'm trying to do low carb. Let me have one little indulgence left 
  • I'm dragging as well. I was able to get an extra hour of laying about in bed because I have someone coming over to inspect the house and give us an estimate for mold removal.  I just want my sense of smell back.

• kvruns said:
    I'm surprisingly not affected by DST although I still miss the days when IN didn't participate. I did enjoy going for a walk after dinner last night while it was still light out. But I was sad it is once again dark in the morning. 

Today is day 11 of low carb-ish eating. I say ish because I haven't been super strict although still way better than it was previously. Most surprising is I don't even miss the snacks I used to have, especially during the work day. I refuse to give up diet coke/diet mt dew though. I always wondered if it contributed to sugar cravings since I've read about it but that doesn't seem to be the case now. My H is finally getting on board with this too but he's being a butthead trying to say I can't have them and I'm like look dude I've done my research and I feel comfortable with still having them even though I'm trying to do low carb. Let me have one little indulgence left 
    I feel like all the weight loss science says not to cut out everything you love because you’re more likely to stop whatever changes you make because of feeling too restricted. 
  • kvruns said:
    I'm surprisingly not affected by DST although I still miss the days when IN didn't participate. I did enjoy going for a walk after dinner last night while it was still light out. But I was sad it is once again dark in the morning. 

Im just trying to do less carb, not real low carb. Are Girl Scout cookies a carb?