Wedding Woes

90210 reboot

Who watched it? I was never a huge 90210 fan but figured I’d give it a try and watch. Anyone else?

Re: 90210 reboot

• I watched, and I really liked it. I was a HUGE 90210 fan back in the day. And I will watch reruns on Hulu. 
  • I haven't seen it yet but I want to!  I loved that show.   
  • MobKazMobKaz member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited August 2019
    I did.  DD  and I used to watch it together "back in the day" We watched this first episode "together but apart" in our respective homes." I found it to be torturous!  DD abandoned it midway through.  I could not decide if the show was meant to be satirical or serious.  Either way, I think I will pass on the remainder of the episodes.
  • It was definitely meant to be satirical. They were making fun of themselves. 
  • I forgot to watch this!  I was a big fan and further more, a big fan of Shannen.  She’s my girl.  I hope my dvr caught it because I have it set to record every Shannen Doherty show...which is usually full of Charmed (hence my name).

• I haven’t but I’m going to!! I was such a huge 90210 fan so any reboot I’m here for!
  • I marginally liked the original.  Was curious to see the reboot, but didn't realize it was on yesterday.  I'll have to see if I have access to it on On Demand.

Though, generally speaking, I haven't been impressed with the spate of "reboot" shows that have come out of the last few years.  For example, I LOVED the originals of Will and Grace and Murphy Brown.  But I found the comebacks marginal, at best.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I marginally liked the original.  Was curious to see the reboot, but didn't realize it was on yesterday.  I'll have to see if I have access to it on On Demand.

Though, generally speaking, I haven't been impressed with the spate of "reboot" shows that have come out of the last few years.  For example, I LOVED the originals of Will and Grace and Murphy Brown.  But I found the comebacks marginal, at best.
    Murphy Brown was just so bad.  I think it's because they really didn't try to update at all, they just tried to bring MB into 2019.  It didn't work at all.  I was super disappointed b/c MB was one of my heroes growing up.

I like Will and Grace okay.  I can still say the same thing basically, which is that I'm here for Karen:

Image result for will and grace karen what are hands for gif

• I missed it, but want to see it.  I loved 90210 original flavor too!  I even watched the last few seasons that got a bit weird since only 4 original characters were left!  I will catch it On Demand, probably Mondays, since I'm usually home alone with DD. 

H & I always watch TV together in the evenings, so if there are any shows the other person doesn't want to see, we usually just watch it when the other isn't around.
  • @VarunaTT, Karen Walker is the BEST.  I suspect she is one of those kind of characters that is hard for writers to get "right" but when they do, it's golden.  Because in most ways she is really a terrible person.  But is so funny in how outrageous she is, that you just love her anyway.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • MobKaz said:
    I did.  DD  and I used to watch it together "back in the day" We watched this first episode "together but apart" in our respective homes." I found it to be torturous!  DD abandoned it midway through.  I could not decide if the show was meant to be satirical or serious.  Either way, I think I will pass on the remainder of the episodes.
    I had similar thoughts. I will probably watch again just to see if I like it more. And it doesn’t hurt there aren’t many other new shows on right now so I don’t have much to watch anyway