Wedding Woes
Options

Tired Tuesday

How’s everyone doing today? Not much going on here. Work is crazy busy (I’m taking a 5 minute tea break!), our busiest time of year, but things are going well with our big-deadline project. 

Not much else going on, pretty boring these days. 

Re: Tired Tuesday

• Options
    We had a good night last night!  DD was on green at daycare and was super excited about it!  H and DD called me to tell me the good news!  I don't have any idea if this was it or a coincidence, but we had switched DD allergy medicine to claritin from zyrtec.  We switched not long after she started acting crazy at daycare.  We were finally through that bottle and I switched her back to zyrtec because I thought it worked better.  She has been a different kid so far!  I wonder if there was something in the claritin that made her a bit hyper?

Tonight is yoga after work and I'm so excited!  As always, even though I said I would do some at home, I did no yoga since our last class on the 17th!  And that was only yoga nidra, so it really been a month!
  • Options
    Tired a.f

BabyKitten is having a rough time. Cuspids are coming and it looks like all 4 but I'm not confident on that. Spent far too long trying to put her to bed, then she woke up MOTN just sobbing :(
    I'm hoping for her sake that they all come and quick, because she's just so upset. She wasn't even this bad with molars!
  • Options
    I am dragging today. I was dragging all day yesterday too. Aunt Flo showed up this morning so that explains the fatigue and the low grade constant headache I’ve had the past three days. 

Not too much going on over here otherwise. I’m trying to get back to my meal prep and gym routine. I’m easing back into the gym slowly to try and avoid reinjury. It just sucks because I’ve lost a lot of progress. 

• Options
    Add me to team tired. No reason, but I am. Baby B woke up this morning normal time but instead of his regular lay around, talk, play he was immediately crying. Felt bad for him so I rushed to get everything ready to go get him ready for school. I think he has a cold so he might be feeling a bit yucky. 

Book club tonight. Was going to make a keto dessert but didn't have the ingredients. I have some summer sausage my mom gave me that I might slice up with some cheese and call it a day. Didn't bring enough food for today but I'm hoping to make it through. i ate my lunch at 1045 so we will see how the afternoon goes. 
  • Options
    Meh. I had a terrible migraine yesterday so I called out of work. I'm just catching up today, and I have a migraine hangover. 

All the traffic has returned after the holidays and UGH. I'm over it already. Thank god I'm off next week. I need a break. 
  • Options
    how exciting having a date now @cupcait927 How have you been feeling the past couple of weeks? 
  • Options
    Tired here too. I had to drop H off at the train this morning so that I could keep the car. It's not like 6:30 is all that early, but when I'm programmed to WFH, I expect to sleep until 7. Wah.

Taking the pup to meet a new daycare today, because her old one is too draconian about spaying. I fully intend to spay my dog. Vet says they will do her any time after 6 months, but prefer the later side. Daycare won't take dogs over 6 months if they aren't fixed. Ok, so I decided to go ahead and spay her as soon as she turned 6 months. Except that was 12/21, and the vet wasn't scheduling surgeries during the holidays. So the first available is 1/15. Daycare won't make an exception and take her at 6 months 2 weeks, unless I want to board her in a crate all day. I could do that at home! There's another one about 10 minutes further that will take them up to a year, as long as they aren't in heat, so we're going there, but it means leaving 15 minutes earlier tomorrow and being tired again. So double wah. 

Workers are here patching a couple of spots on the floors today. This is the last thing we wanted to do before we list the house. I'm trying to be an adult and not go down there and stare at it, but I'm so excited to see it! I hope it looks decent. If so, cleaners come through later this week, and hopefully listing by next week!

• Options
    Meh. I had a terrible migraine yesterday so I called out of work. I'm just catching up today, and I have a migraine hangover. 

All the traffic has returned after the holidays and UGH. I'm over it already. Thank god I'm off next week. I need a break. 
    I was just saying that this morning!  Yesterday wasn't too bad because I actually left for work on time, lol.  But today, I did not, and got the full brunt of the error of my ways.  My work day starts at 7AM so, when I leave my house on time (6:35-6:40AM), I miss most of the school buses and there are also just a lot fewer cars on the road.  But if I miss that window by more than 5-10 minutes, it's still better than "true" rush hour, but there is exponentially more traffic on the road.  And school buses.  Everywhere.

I have a busy day today, ugh.  Not just at work, but after work I have an intense and very detailed mystery shop to do.  It's a new one for me, so that always makes me a little more nervous.  I'm equally kinda looking forward to it and kinda "what was I thinking?", lol.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    @kvruns I'm terrified about the thought of a c-section but so excited that there is an end in sight. H is over the moon that she'll be here in 3 weeks. 

I've been feeling okay - my back hurts constantly and the acid reflux is out of control but other than that, I feel lucky that I don't feel worse or have really any issues besides those two.
  • Options
    @cupcait927 I know everyone's experience is different but I ended up having an emergency C section and it wasn't a big deal, probably in part because I was so out of it so mentally I wasn't all with it by that point. I seriously had no idea it was even done, they said I might feel a little tugging but I seriously felt nothing which was nice. I still laugh thinking about the Dr and nurses just carrying on random conversation like they were doing a puzzle or something. Recovery wasn't that bad either, I was nervous but other than it hurting to laugh for a few days it wasn't bad. 
  • Options

I was just saying that this morning!  Yesterday wasn't too bad because I actually left for work on time, lol.  But today, I did not, and got the full brunt of the error of my ways.  My work day starts at 7AM so, when I leave my house on time (6:35-6:40AM), I miss most of the school buses and there are also just a lot fewer cars on the road.  But if I miss that window by more than 5-10 minutes, it's still better than "true" rush hour, but there is exponentially more traffic on the road.  And school buses.  Everywhere.

I have a busy day today, ugh.  Not just at work, but after work I have an intense and very detailed mystery shop to do.  It's a new one for me, so that always makes me a little more nervous.  I'm equally kinda looking forward to it and kinda "what was I thinking?", lol.
    It's really amazing to me how much more traffic is on the roads when school is in session. And I don't even see school buses, since I'm mostly on highways! But it's a huge, huge difference. I live for the summer months when I know my commute will almost always be easy. 
  • Options
    @kvruns it makes me feel better every time someone tells me that they had a good experience. I've never had any type of surgery before and that's mostly what I'm nervous about. I'm not as nervous about the recovery and H will be home with me for the 1st month anyway so I'll lean on him as much as I need to for help. 
  • Options
    glad you like the foodi @mrsconn23.  I’m on the fence about bringing another appliance into my already small kitchen.  I’m planning a remodel in Spring so maybe with more storage I can bring something like that in

• Options

It's really amazing to me how much more traffic is on the roads when school is in session. And I don't even see school buses, since I'm mostly on highways! But it's a huge, huge difference. I live for the summer months when I know my commute will almost always be easy. 
    Agreed!  It is a huge difference.  Though, for me, it's only a difference on my morning drive.  I leave work at 5:00 and I think most schools let out much earlier, so that rush hour is the same all year long.

I'm actually just the opposite!  I don't take the freeway at all.  It's faster/easier to take major roads.  The first half of my drive, although on a main commercial street, is almost all residential housing behind it.  So many school buses.  So many.  I've occasionally seen six school buses within the same two blocks, albeit counting both sides of the street.

NOLA is something like #1 or #2 in the country for having the most private school students in K-12, per capita.  There are SO many schools here.  I assume that adds to all the buses on the road.  Some of the schools are even "all girls" or "all boys".  Even without having kids, it was a part of the culture shock when I first moved out here.  In fact, when my first b/f here told me had gone to an all-boys high school, I had never heard of such a thing and assumed it was one of those "alternative" high schools for kids with behavioral issues, lol.  He informed me, with a horrified and offended tone, that his high school was one of the best and most prestigious ones in the city.

Oh, the memories!  I've lived here long enough now that I sometimes forget what a weird place this can be, lol.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Traffic was awful yesterday. It took me an hour and a half to get home instead of the normal 45-55 minutes. Everyone is welcome to go back on vacation  Tomorrow I am driving to a training two hours away so I’ll be up super early. I’m already whiny about it. 

• Options
    ei34ei34 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited January 2020
    Schools in session really do muck up the traffic.  I volunteer to be off more often  ;)
    @cupcait927 yay for an end in sight!

My taste buds have been off lately, everything tastes bland.  I've been making my most seasoned dishes possible, tonight it's salsa Verde enchiladas with chimichurri rice. 

ETA   FWP but my favorite water bottle broke today. Little bit bummed.