Wedding Woes
Options

Make it a double on MONDAY

I need a double coffee this morning

Re: Make it a double on MONDAY

• Options
    I woke up WITH the alarm today. I'm trying to make more effort into my appearances for a few reasons.
    1 - my job is customer service based, and looking like a potato shouldn't be a thing
    2 - I spend enough money on makeup in the past, I should use it.
    3 - if I ever wanna hit pan on anything, using it is necessary
    4 - M can wake t.f up and get BabyKitten up and ready.

So Friday night, BabyKitten was up from 3-5am. I ended up giving her slippers in bed because she kept begging for them - within 5-10min she was asleep.
    I went to my mum's place, and had ALL THE COFFEE because I was exhausted.
    We ended up going to see my granny and then the mall.
    My granny isn't doing well. We're worried :(

Went to Old Navy and hit GREAT sales!
    Go BabyKitten some little flats for spring, a summer leopard print dress {because it is the fucking CUTEST} and myself a summer dress. Both dresses can be warmed up with leggings and a sweater.

Saturday we opted to not let BabyKitten nap at home, and brought her straight to my mum's after swimming and breakfast. She apparently didn't nap all day and went to bed without a bottle :o 
    M and I got a Hatch Baby Rest {aka highly recommended white noise - those with littles, look into it!} and we picked up some extra towels because her current ones are getting a tad small.
    We finished her closet, I got some laundry and cleaning done in the basement {mostly trash} and then we did dinner. Mmm sushi :) We're about a year away from feeling comfortable with taking BabyKitten to sushi.
    She's good with fish/seafood but want to expose her to restaurants more before we do because sushi would literally be just the 3 of us.
    This summer we're planning on doing a buffet with my mum and her bf, that way more people to entertain her.

Sunday we woke up, had breakfast and did some last minute cleaning before picking up BabyKitten from my mum's.
    She fell asleep on the way home AND we successfully transferred her to bed!!

We may have a potential solution for her itchies - vaseline. We've been using Aveeno Baby Eczema, which is fine but we clearly need something thicker.
    Aquaphor apparently isn't easily found in Canada, but a few mom's in my group said vaseline would be a safe alternative {since it's similar}

It's beautiful out today, so taking advantage and going out at lunch :)

Sorry for the novel lmfao
  • Options
    Our weekend was pleasant. DH enjoyed his spa day, I enjoyed my night out with friends. 
    The work week started with a bummer though. DH (and his entire team) was made redundant. So we have a month before our visas get cancelled to figure out how to stay or how to go. 
  • Options
    MKD- why can't you bring BK to sushi? Is it fancy or something? Can you start bringing her someplace more casual just the 2 of you? 
  • Options
    I’m at the hospital with mom.  I’m about to have words with her surgeon since he didn’t come by before putting in orders and it is a nasty procedure for mom to have and one she was hoping to avoid again.  She made progress Saturday and then took several steps back yesterday.  We need to understand the why and the next steps. She’s so sad.

We’ve canceled the NOLA trip for their anniversary in May. Mom made that decision. I was starting to have reservations. But it still fucking sucks.  

The rest of the weekend was whatever. 
  • Options
    @missJeanLouise more that it's usually pretty busy. She's not the greatest with restaurants yet {up, down, wave at people - typical toddler stuff} plus the menu isn't the biggest for what we know she'll eat. We're debating on ordering sushi home so she can try and if she hates, we have back up food.
    We're hoping exposure to more restaurants will help kinda build to it. She's pretty young anyways so if right now it's just M and I doing sushi, we're not super upset.
  • Options
    @mrsconn23 oh jeez :( hugs to your mum, and hopefully they answer the questions quick. That's awful the dr dropped the ball on telling things about this procedure!
  • Options
    @mrsconn23 I'm so sorry. 
  • Options
    @mrsconn23 I'm so sorry.   All the T&P for your mom, for answers, for comfort.   
  • Options
    sorry to hear that @mrsconn23

@MissKittyDanger I'm always jealous of families where kids do well at restaurants. Mine just can't sit still, refuses to eat, etc so taking him out is a pain in the ass. Friends have much better experiences with their kids so hopefully baby kitten is the kind who will be entertained and cooperate for you 
  • Options
    I’m so sorry @mrsconn23. And am I reading it right that the surgeon ordered and scheduled a procedure without coming to talk to you and getting informed consent? 

@missJeanLouise That really sucks. Is DH going to look for another position over there or do you think you will come back to the states?

Weekend was pretty good. I woke up at 3:30 am on Friday and ended up cleaning the house before getting ready for work. So Friday was a long day but I still made it to the gym. Saturday FSIL and I went to brunch and then shopping. We got a little toasty. I definitely spent wayyy too much money at Sephora. In my defense, my whole “use up everything I have and then buy new stuff!” kind of backfired when I had to buy like six new products at once. My wallet was not happy. We came home from shopping and took a nap, but unfortunately we both woke up with headaches and FSIL’s turned into a migraine so that killed our evening. 

Yesterday we woke up feeling pretty good. We went on a hike and it was beautiful outside. Then I came home and was super productive. I even did my taxes, which, ugh, but they’re done now. Work today. I’m counting down until the weekend already. We ended up booking the hotel where we are getting my birthday brunch on Sunday. I’m excited. 

• Options
    @mrsconn23, I'm so sorry to hear about your mom. Virtual hugs your way.

@MissKittyDanger, my grandsons will eat the dumplings that most sushi restaurants have. Maybe try that with her. They also love rice so an order of that is a sure thing.

Our dinner we hosted Saturday night was a lot of fun. I need to slow down on the wine though. I've had too much the last two Saturday nights and don't sleep worth a darn. Not to mention it certainly has negatively affected my weight loss. I'm working on clearing out more photos today - hopefully will finish. Then I need to access if I can get rid of the two bookcases I want to sell. I'm aiming for a garage sale in May/June so I'm piling stuff up in the garage and unfinished basement area. We're headed to DD's this weekend for SIL's grandmother's memorial service. They've decided not to keep my mothers bed frame, so we will be bringing that back with us. Hopefully, DS1 and DIL will use it.

Other than that same old thing around here. 
  • Options
    I took the day off.  For my divorce. 

• Options
    @kvruns She's relatively ok.  When we went to Denny's not long ago, she was better than she has been in the past, but it's a progress. {also age}
    This is from when we went to Denny's
    https://www.instagram.com/p/B8SN9Jilxz5/
    She just wanted to talk/see EVERYONEEEEE Denny's had a new greeter lmao

@ILoveBeachMusic BabyKitten loves rice. We think she'd be good with deconstructed veggie rolls {like a cali roll} and maybe convince her to try tempura. Right now she isn't a picky eater, so we're taking FULL advantage of it!

@CharmedPam Wait what? I missed something on you getting a divorce :O 
  • Options
    @mrsconn23 that sucks. I am so sorry. I hope you get some answers soon.
    @levioosa DH has several opportunities here but whether or not he wants to take them is yet to be decided. He has wanted to come home for a while. Plus there is some BS with his passport because of our shit being stolen in Berlin so it might not even be possible for him to join another company here until August.

• Options
    @mrsconn23 I'm so sorry about mom taking a few steps back.  That just sucks.  Vibes for you getting the answers you want from the doctor.  Don't hesitate to call doc's office and find out when they make rounds.  

@CharmedPam I'm sorry.  I just had my 4 year divorc-ary.  I hope you can heal and move on.  Give yourself some time and space for all the feelings, b/c they're all going to happen.  And more than anything, find your space and claim it to be 100000% yours.  Decorate how you've always wanted to with no compromise.  It helps, so goddamn much.

This weekend was good.  I went to a massage and a float on Saturday.  I was so relaxed that I almost called an Uber home, but figured I could make it.  Then I held down the couch for the rest of weekend, basically.  I was so lazy and I think I needed it.  I even slept until 10:00 am on Saturday and that's basically unheard of for me.
  • Options
    hugs @CharmedPam not sure if I missed something or if you haven't shared but big hugs coming your way with whatever support you need.
  • Options
    I took the day off.  For my divorce. 
    I'm so sorry.   This is new right?  I just scanned the posts so I hope you're doing OK with all of this. 
  • Options
    Hugs @CharmedPam. I'm sorry if I missed it previously. I hope you are doing ok and are moving in a positive direction for you.
  • Options
    @mrsconn23 - Hugs and T&Ps for you and your mom.  I'm sorry.
    @CharmedPam - Hugs and know you have support here.  Make sure you take care of yourself.
    @missJeanLouise - Wow, big decisions for you guys!

Our weekend had highs and lows.  DH came down with a stomach bug on Friday night and wasn't feeling well Sat and Sun.  I went to his half-brother's funeral by myself on Saturday.  He felt so bad that he had to miss. 

Sunday I went to church and got groceries.  In the evening, we were to meet family at a restaurant to celebrate my birthday.  We had reservations, the cake and the weather was beautiful so we decided to go ahead and DH stayed home.  It was a fun night and my birthday week is finally over.  

My work project goes live tonight and so we are doing some system testing and such today and it's going well.  Tomorrow, end-users will be in the live system and it'll get crazy!

• Options
    @CharmedPam I’m so sorry. *hugs*

• Options
    MrsConn - Continued prayers for your Mom and hugs for you.

Pam - I'm so sorry to hear about this.  Hugs for you as well.

MJL - I hope everything works out for you guys!  

Our weekend was busy but great!  I stayed home Friday to do the last of the food shopping for DDs birthday party and some cleaning.  Then H and I left to go to DE to stay overnight and see Lewis Black - he was amazing!  The hotel was super nice and we got room service for breakfast!  Then it was the drive back home.  We worked on the house a bit more and then I started on the cake.  I ended up skipping church (H and DD went) so I could finish up the cake.  It came out great!  (Tried to upload the picture, but nothing works - darn TK!)

Sunday was the party itself.  My niece took DD to get her nails done, so H and I set to work to finish setting up.  We went out to get the bread for the hoagies and ice.  DD came back about 30 mins before the party was set to start.  She was so excited!  She got her Power Wheels and was loving it! This morning she asked where her people went, even though everyone had left before she went to bed!
  • Options
    MrsConn - Continued prayers for your Mom and hugs for you.

Pam - I'm so sorry to hear about this.  Hugs for you as well.

MJL - I hope everything works out for you guys!  

Our weekend was busy but great!  I stayed home Friday to do the last of the food shopping for DDs birthday party and some cleaning.  Then H and I left to go to DE to stay overnight and see Lewis Black - he was amazing!  The hotel was super nice and we got room service for breakfast!  Then it was the drive back home.  We worked on the house a bit more and then I started on the cake.  I ended up skipping church (H and DD went) so I could finish up the cake.  It came out great!  (Tried to upload the picture, but nothing works - darn TK!)

Sunday was the party itself.  My niece took DD to get her nails done, so H and I set to work to finish setting up.  We went out to get the bread for the hoagies and ice.  DD came back about 30 mins before the party was set to start.  She was so excited!  She got her Power Wheels and was loving it! This morning she asked where her people went, even though everyone had left before she went to bed!
    Love this!

• Options
    My goodness, lots of people having unpleasant Mondays!  @mrsconn23 - that's crazy that a doctor would just go ahead and schedule things without consultation and weighing out all the options!  Hopefully they can come up with some better solutions.  And for the anniversary, can your mom do a small outing instead to have something to look forward to instead of the trip?  It must suck for all of you to have to cancel.  

@CharmedPam Hope everything is okay!  

@MissKittyDanger I hope your granny's okay!  

My weekend was busy, and today was busy, but things are settling down finally.  I'm going to skip my exercise class tonight and take the evening to veg.  And my puppy had a check-up and she's doing great, so we get to start tapering off the meds!  Makes me happy.

• Options
    @kerbohl mostly age {she's nearly 80} but had a lot of health issues lately. Her immune system is just going :(
  • Options
    @OliveOilsMom did you have a party theme?
  • Options
    Sorry for the post and run guys.  Needed some retail therapy after court.

@mrsconn23 I hated to come back to hear this news about your mom!  Ugh!  Such a roller coaster :(
    @climbingwife where are you going again?  For how long?
    @missJeanLouise I know it was always your plan to move back to the states but I assume this will be sooner than expected if thats the out come?

and thanks everyone, for your well wishes @VarunaTT I had you in mind because I remembered you mentioning that and i was like “huh. We’ll be (almost) divorce twins”.  No one missed anything. Nothing was mentioned on here.  Actually 2 people knew about it.  His sister (100% on my side) and my BFF. I kept it on the down low (not that you l know him) because I needed him to sign the agreement and be on good terms.

to make a long story short, my life had turned into a 4 page Dear Prudie letter. All of ya’ll would have said to run! Lol.  I found out 6 months after my marriage that H never stopped the online dating scene.  We went to counceling and our therapist said he was a sex addict.  I gave my marriage my ALL and we tried to work on it, but the last two and a half years had been nothing but cheating, lies (it goes hand in hand), kinky online second life stuff, voices in his head, probably bi polar - and oh yeah he’s transitioning from male to female. It was just too much for me to turn a blind eye from.  He was on his way to move here (remember we never lived together), quit his job, and get real help when I found out about his second life on Jan 6th and filed. He had some disturbing fetishes.

i have to call the courts tomorrow because it was such a whirlwind and I honestly don’t know if it’s official.  The clerk said it was signed off on and filed so I’m 99% sure we don’t have to do anything but I was also told by others who divorced in IL that there is a 30 day appeal clause but NOTHING was mentioned today.  I doubt he’d appeal but once people hear what happened I’m sure they’ll take my side and he might get pissed enough to do that to me.

• Options
    VarunaTTVarunaTT member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited February 2020
    Basically:  You file your petition/application (depends on your state/county), then there's 30 days for responses/arguments that can make things take longer (again, some state/counties might have different time lines).  If nothing is filed in response, after the 30 days, it's just signed off on by whoever is required by your county/state and is in effect from that moment on.  If a response is filed, things have to be worked out/on in a myriad of ways and can take longer. 

You might see if IL has some sort of court website that you can look up your case in and see the docket sheet.  I did a very quick search and couldn't find anything without more work than I wanted to do.  It might also be by county.

ETA:  Not an attorney, this is just basic stuff that is generally true for most states.  And hugs, this all sounds incredibly difficult.
  • Options
    CharmedPamCharmedPam member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited February 2020
    Thanks @banana468, it was a very hard thing to do.  He kept telling me he didnt want to cheat, and he was working on himself and getting better - but he had me fooled.  And he brought his sister into it and she was trying to help us-through it too (we accepted the 3rd party help) and even she got mad that she was duped by him too.  They’re not talking to each other. She told me she’d ALWAYS be my sister though!

So wait @VarunaTT, that 30 day appeal thing was between my petition and today? So he had to appeal it in that time period and not 30 days after the judge signs off on it?  I’m in the clear?

i haven’t told my P’s yet.  They LOVED him and will be upset.  But he showed us a side that wasn’t truly who he was.  I plan to tell them in person this weekend if the weather is right (5 hr drive).

eta:  actually one person did meet him @short+sassy!