Wedding Woes

Sending invitations out Coronavirus

I am getting married June 13, its almost time for the invitations to go out, do I keep putting it off?  How long can I put it off?  I am having a large low key event... Its 11 weeks away.  Suggestions, please.  (I know I am lucky, so I am not complaining just not sure what to do) 

Re: Sending invitations out Coronavirus

  • I am getting married June 13, its almost time for the invitations to go out, do I keep putting it off?  How long can I put it off?  I am having a large low key event... Its 11 weeks away.  Suggestions, please.  (I know I am lucky, so I am not complaining just not sure what to do) 
    Have you spoken to your vendors about what your options are? I am not sure that this mess will be over in 11 weeks and I don't know how many people will be able to commit to a wedding under the circumstances.
  • Wedding invitations should go out 6-8 weeks before the wedding. Now is not the time to send out invitations early! (There is at least one on this page where the couple sent out the invitations early and then had to make the decision to postpone right after. Save yourself the headache!)

    Things are changing really quickly. If you wait 3 weeks, you may have much more clarity on what to expect in June. At this point, we have no idea what's going to happen in April, much less May or June. I would wait until you're 8 weeks out and then try to evaluate. I would probably try to have some informal communication with at least VIPs that you're still evaluating and hoping to move forward as planned. 
    All of this.

    I think you gain zero if you send out wedding invitations now and the reality is that doing so is an extra burden on a taxed Postal Service which is seeing increases in demand with more people staying home.   Add to that that we don't know what's going to happen in even 2 weeks it tells me that this is one of those times that advance planning is to no one's advantage. 
    charlotte989875mrsconn23
  • I agree, I say wait 2-3 weeks and see where things are at. But I’d also contact vendors in case you’re in an area with large group/shelter in place restrictions and they get extended. 
  • I agree, I say wait 2-3 weeks and see where things are at. But I’d also contact vendors in case you’re in an area with large group/shelter in place restrictions and they get extended. 
    And if you don't have them where you are expect that they're either coming or the businesses that didn't close are going to be impacted.  
    charlotte989875
Sign In or Register to comment.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards