Wedding Woes
Options

Where is everyone Friday?

Finally Friday! I slept so well last night (knock on wood it happens again) I feel like a different person. Pregnancy insomnia + my regular insomnia has been no joke so this is fantastic. 

I’ve also been productive for the first time in a while so it’s been a pretty good morning.

Hows everyone else doing? 

Re: Where is everyone Friday?

• Options
    I'm here.  Still kind of working.  I pumped so much out yesterday that I'm tired today.  Plus doing my work electronically does just take longer, but I'm slowly getting through it.  I also forgot my lunch this morning, so I'm going to have to go out or order out.  Also, I'm just showing up and leaving whenever I want to.  I'm the basic definition of a disgruntled employee at this point.  K and I have been snipping at each other; we just have different coping mechanisms and they don't match well.
  • Options
    I’m here! I stayed up and finished Tiger King last night.  Man... so many things to say about that.  I don’t know who or what to believe.  At first you’re like “cool a documentary about animals”... but then it’s like a documentary about anything but!  This should make some people laugh if they saw it
    https://ruinmyweek.com/tweets/tiger-king-memes-liist/?utm_content=buffer715c5&utm_medium=facebook&utm_source=tfln&utm_campaign=ooo

i got my first order of Nadine West yesterday. I was impressed with the quality but not so much the options.  I kept 1 of 5 items.  Nadine West is a more inexpensive version of stitch fix.  But stitch fix has a better testing system and asks you “do you like this?” before your first shipment. while you’ll get better options with Nadine West as time goes on and you tell them what you liked/didn't like and why in the reviews.  I’ll give Nadine West more time because it’s more affordable.  I can send a code if you want to try it. 

My friends and I are doing a virtual yaymaker (it will always be paint nite to me) night as soon as my supplies arrive!  It should be fun!

• Options
    Chiquito punched Chiquita in the nose an hour ago.   I'm lucky that they're good kids but we're taking work breaks on the fly and leaving them alone and it's an interesting challenge. 

My eyes have been bugging me and I think it's the season, more screen time for me and random strain.   That said, I'm super cautious now that conjunctivitis is a symptom of a diagnosis of coronavirus so the hand washing is still happening all the time.  

We have tons of food and I'm lucky that both DH and I are working.   As we go through the fridge stash we may dip into the frozen meat over the weekend.    
  • Options
    Good luck @mrsconn23!  I hope the cross stitching goes well.  I've never been good at it.  I was doing loom knitting but sort of stopped, because I was making scarves to wear in the Netherlands for our trip.  Our flight hasn't been cancelled yet, but even if everything miraculously clears up in the next month, Liberation Day is cancelled there, so I feel like the scarves are pointless.  But I might get back to them just for something to do.

Work is really slow today.  I've got a headache so I'm closing my eyes every chance I get.  

It is supposed to rain this weekend.  Maybe hubby and I will have a game day.

• Options
    mrsconn23 said:
    I ordered crossstitching stuff off amazon (printed, not counted).  We'll see how this goes since I'm not crafty in any way.  
    K has been doing a counted crossstitch that I think is going to be really pretty.  It's a cat outline, with different shapes inside for different colors.   Also, though I do giggle at them b/c it looks silly, they use a headlamp to point the light right at their hoop and it really helps, so I thought I'd pass it on.
  • Options
    ei34ei34 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    My brother told me this morning that the 42-yr-old father of a student at his school passed away last night following his coronavirus battle.  The student also has it but is doing well physically.  I feel sad for him and his school community.  I keep hearing about people like that, someone I know who knows someone.  I'm nervous it's finally just going to be someone I know period. 

On a positive note, it was supposed to be rainy here today and it's one of those gorgeous 60 degree spring days.  The kids and I had a backyard picnic for lunch and they haven't fought all day.  And it's Friday...hope everyone has a nice weekend!
  • Options
    @mrsconn23, good luck with your job.

I slept through my alarm, so it was an extra great day to be WFH.  I stumbled out of bed and logged in, only 5 minutes late, lol.  A productive morning and then I was off work at 11.

Now I'm watching Friends re-runs, lol.  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Today has been ....  a day.
    BabyKitten is home, but she complied with the highchair for the better portion of 2hrs so I couldn't complain much when she wanted to do something else.
    I still didn't get much done because between picking stuff up and ensuring she doesn't eat crayons, it's hard to get much done.

Luckily my coworkers knew she was around, so they knew I may not get much done or get to stuff right away.

I'm trying to make the most of the time even though she isn't sleeping .... guh.
  • Options
    VarunaTT said:
    mrsconn23 said:
    I ordered crossstitching stuff off amazon (printed, not counted).  We'll see how this goes since I'm not crafty in any way.  
    K has been doing a counted crossstitch that I think is going to be really pretty.  It's a cat outline, with different shapes inside for different colors.   Also, though I do giggle at them b/c it looks silly, they use a headlamp to point the light right at their hoop and it really helps, so I thought I'd pass it on.
    My husband does finicky modelling and is always complaining about the lack of light - maybe I should look into getting on of these for him! 

• Options
    I'm struggling today.  For the last month, babe has gone down pretty easily around 8 and slept all night.  The last few days he's been resisting bedtime, and also up in the middle of the night at least once.  I cannot go back to this and I hope it settles soon. 

@mrsconn23 I hope everything works out for you with the layoffs - it's definitely scary.  Happy Birthday to defconn!
    @charlotte989875 glad you feel great today!!  Pregnancy insomnia is terrible.

MIL rant:
    We're drafting an email/text to MIL today about how pissed we are at her.  H talked to her last night and she preemptively told him that all she did was pick up hair color from her stylist, it was a hand-off situation and thought that was better than going to the store.  H then felt bad he made such a big deal to his sisters so he told them "actually" happened and apologized to them.  SIL's both responded immediately "she is lying, she went to the salon and actually got her hair colored - the stylist was staggering appointments and only taking cash".  So not only did she DO the stupid thing, she knew we'd be upset so she blatantly LIED about it. I forgot to mention yesterday that H and both SIL's are all immune-compromised.  And FFS, we're under a shelter in place order and she has barely been home a week from travels. I just fucking cannot deal with her in person or on the phone, so she's getting an email with all our thoughts clearly laid out.  I've posted on here before about her, so even if this is a smallish thing - it's the thing that is finally tipping us over the edge. 

Can I have a beer yet?
  • Options
    Casadena said:
    I'm struggling today.  For the last month, babe has gone down pretty easily around 8 and slept all night.  The last few days he's been resisting bedtime, and also up in the middle of the night at least once.  I cannot go back to this and I hope it settles soon. 

@mrsconn23 I hope everything works out for you with the layoffs - it's definitely scary.  Happy Birthday to defconn!

MIL rant:
    We're drafting an email/text to MIL today about how pissed we are at her.  H talked to her last night and she preemptively told him that all she did was pick up hair color from her stylist, it was a hand-off situation and thought that was better than going to the store.  H then felt bad he made such a big deal to his sisters so he told them "actually" happened and apologized to them.  SIL's both responded immediately "she is lying, she went to the salon and actually got her hair colored - the stylist was staggering appointments and only taking cash".  So not only did she DO the stupid thing, she knew we'd be upset so she blatantly LIED about it. I forgot to mention yesterday that H and both SIL's are all immune-compromised.  And FFS, we're under a shelter in place order and she has barely been home a week from travels. I just fucking cannot deal with her in person or on the phone, so she's getting an email with all our thoughts clearly laid out.  I've posted on here before about her, so even if this is a smallish thing - it's the thing that is finally tipping us over the edge. 

Can I have a beer yet?
    It's beer thirty!  

FFS, this is one of those times that parents get tough love.    If she was a teenager and you were a parent the answer would be, "No you lied to me and broke my trust when you shouldn't have been out.   You did it when you knew you weren't supposed to.   So you did something that was against the rules, unethical, and then lied about it which is again, unethical.   This isn't OK,  you don't get to see us and until you start to show us that you can be trusted you will not be seeing us or seeing your grand child.   The health of my family takes priority." 

Yeah - I'd be pissed for you too.

Also, I think kids are just funky.   How old is the LO?  Could it be teething or a growth spurt?  

If you nurse beer is good for milk supply.   If you could be seeing a return of fertility then that may also be reasons that there may be bedtime issues as at least evening is when my supply was lower. 
  • Options
    I'm working from home and DH is home but not working.  We're doing OK but it's hard not having any time apart.  He's watching much more news coverage and such and it's making his anxiety go up.  We may go for a drive on Sunday just to get out a bit.  No stops at restaurants or anywhere else, just out to see the river and eagles.  

My mom has been staying home and I'm grateful for that.  She's nearly 80 and has more of a social life than I do!

Hoping to get together with a couple of friends on Zoom tonight if it works out for everyone.  Tomorrow I want to figure out how to do grocery pick up at Walmart.
  • Options
    CasadenaCasadena member
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited March 2020
    banana468 said:
    Casadena said:

MIL rant:

Can I have a beer yet?
    It's beer thirty!  

FFS, this is one of those times that parents get tough love.    If she was a teenager and you were a parent the answer would be, "No you lied to me and broke my trust when you shouldn't have been out.   You did it when you knew you weren't supposed to.   So you did something that was against the rules, unethical, and then lied about it which is again, unethical.   This isn't OK,  you don't get to see us and until you start to show us that you can be trusted you will not be seeing us or seeing your grand child.   The health of my family takes priority." 

Also, I think kids are just funky.   How old is the LO?  Could it be teething or a growth spurt?  

If you nurse beer is good for milk supply.   If you could be seeing a return of fertility then that may also be reasons that there may be bedtime issues as at least evening is when my supply was lower. 
    He is just over 3 months, so it could be a super early tooth I suppose.  I have been nursing more often lately after mostly pumping and bottle-feeding because of some major latch issues and supply issues early on.  At this point he's exclusively breast milk but gets a bottle about half the time.  Definitely possible that my supply is decreasing with getting my period back (ugh) and the general stress about what's happening globally.  I'm sure he absorbs a little of our nervous energy too. A beer or two should help both!

I appreciate the straightforward "script" for the IL's.  When I'm super upset I sometimes have a hard time articulating and H doesn't usually take a tough-love approach with his parents which is why we're using email as a starting point.  

ETF: words
  • Options
    Casadena said:
    banana468 said:
    Casadena said:

MIL rant:

Can I have a beer yet?
    It's beer thirty!  

He is just over 3 months, so it could be a super early tooth I suppose.  I have been nursing more often lately after mostly pumping and bottle-feeding because of some major latch issues and supply issues early on.  At this point he's exclusively breast milk but gets a bottle about half the time.  Definitely possible that my supply is decreasing with getting my period back (ugh) and the general stress about what's happening globally.  I'm sure he absorbs a little of our nervous energy too. A beer or two should help both!

I appreciate the straightforward "script" for the IL's.  When I'm super upset I sometimes have a hard time articulating and H doesn't usually take a tough-love approach with his parents which is why we're using email as a starting point.  

ETF: words
    The 3+ mark could mean you're heading to the 4 mo sleep regression which is common w/ a lot of kiddos.   I think it was after Chiquito turned 4 mo that I could actually eat with two hands.   DH cut my meat for me because the kid was nursing during that time and the evening hours were when he didn't want to be separated.