Wedding Woes

Wednesday

2»

Re: Wednesday

• banana468 said:
    As for the comments about a baby boom, historically they happen anytime people have to stay close together for extended periods of time or are reunited after extended periods of time. I don't think they mean people plan on having kids because of the circumstance but it just happens. Probably isn't as much an occurrence now because of greater use of more reliable birth control, but it is a quantifiable occurrence in past situations - hence the comments or jokes.
    I'm sure.   The big difference though IMO is that in prior situations like blizzards or even after WW2 people weren't dying and doctors offices were open.    Maybe I'm optimistic but I hope people see this as just a little different. 
    Fair point. I also think people sometimes need levity in dire circumstances to get through it all. As I told a friend of mine, I have to concentrate on the good numbers (80%+ recovery) and not the bad ones since my daughter is frontline as of Saturday. If I focus on the negativity, I won't be able to mentally make it through or be there for the grandsons. Even though they are little, I know they can pick up on things. So I choose to believe that we will be alright. Might be naive but that is how I will cope.
    I hope so too! 

I only mean that unless DH and I were in a "Hey let's see what happens" mode then I wouldn't go for it because I know how I've felt when pregnant and I appreciated getting into the doctor's office when I had concerns.   That they limit appointments now makes being pregnant a different kind of animal at least for the short term. 
  • banana468 said:
    banana468 said:
    As for the comments about a baby boom, historically they happen anytime people have to stay close together for extended periods of time or are reunited after extended periods of time. I don't think they mean people plan on having kids because of the circumstance but it just happens. Probably isn't as much an occurrence now because of greater use of more reliable birth control, but it is a quantifiable occurrence in past situations - hence the comments or jokes.
    I'm sure.   The big difference though IMO is that in prior situations like blizzards or even after WW2 people weren't dying and doctors offices were open.    Maybe I'm optimistic but I hope people see this as just a little different. 
    Fair point. I also think people sometimes need levity in dire circumstances to get through it all. As I told a friend of mine, I have to concentrate on the good numbers (80%+ recovery) and not the bad ones since my daughter is frontline as of Saturday. If I focus on the negativity, I won't be able to mentally make it through or be there for the grandsons. Even though they are little, I know they can pick up on things. So I choose to believe that we will be alright. Might be naive but that is how I will cope.
    I hope so too! 

I only mean that unless DH and I were in a "Hey let's see what happens" mode then I wouldn't go for it because I know how I've felt when pregnant and I appreciated getting into the doctor's office when I had concerns.   That they limit appointments now makes being pregnant a different kind of animal at least for the short term. 
    In case anyone is curious, I had to learn how to take my own blood pressure, measure the fundal height, & get prescriptions for additional tests in preparation for my offices being closed & having telemedicine as the only option. It’s, a lot. My H can’t attend any appointments for the foreseeable future. 

We’re definitely preparing for things to get worse so I totally understand what you’re saying here about making sure you’re not getting pregnant during a pandemic! 
  • banana468 said:
    banana468 said:
    I hope so too! 

In case anyone is curious, I had to learn how to take my own blood pressure, measure the fundal height, & get prescriptions for additional tests in preparation for my offices being closed & having telemedicine as the only option. It’s, a lot. My H can’t attend any appointments for the foreseeable future. 

We’re definitely preparing for things to get worse so I totally understand what you’re saying here about making sure you’re not getting pregnant during a pandemic! 
    I am so excited for you @charlotte989875 and am not saying this because I want to put any additional concern on you.   I had relatively normal pregnancies and have two healthy kids who are not quiet and who race cars in my office. 

Hugs - you're doing more for yourself than I ever had to. 
  • banana468 said:
    banana468 said:
    banana468 said:
    I hope so too! 

I am so excited for you @charlotte989875 and am not saying this because I want to put any additional concern on you.   I had relatively normal pregnancies and have two healthy kids who are not quiet and who race cars in my office. 

Hugs - you're doing more for yourself than I ever had to. 
    Thank you!! This does make me feel better. And I know, logically, that women all over the world have healthy babies with very little prenatal care and in all kinds of conditions. 

I keep feeling him move so things must be okay!