Wedding Woes

Tuesday

I'm trying to have a more positive attitude about Tuesday, but it's not working b/c fuck Tuesday.

I think I'm suffering from burnout at work.  I just don't care.  I still don't have any vacation time really stored up b/c of some personal stuff that happened last week.  Not that I could even take a darn vacation b/c you can't go anywhere b/c of a pandemic that never should've happened. 

I've also written a very long letter to my LGBTQ+ community center that I used to lead calling them out on their lack of leadership during a time when it's desperately needed.  I emailed it to all the board members and sent it through FB Messenger (as a pdf so nothing can be changed w/out work).  I also made it a public post on my own FB feed and made a public link to the pdf document.  Basically I was like, "I know y'all are going to be screenshotting this to share it, so here's a link to save you the time."  So far, there is no response to anything, except a sudden flurry of social media posts (5 in one day) that was nothing about local or queer work and issues, after a month of silence.  

Oh!  I did get my Farmacy order.  I haven't used the serum yet, but I did use the honey warming mask.  I looooove how it feels and my skin was noticeably brighter, but I'm not sure I felt like it was very smooth somehow.  I'll report on the honeymoon serum once I remember to use it.
MyNameIsNotshort+sassymrsconn23charlotte989875OliveOilsMomclimbingsingle

Re: Tuesday

• @VarunaTT I'm sorry that you're burned out and stuck. Also about the problems with the LGBTQ+ lack of leadership. I hope the serum works. Glad to hear about the honey mask.

Today I have to take my car to the shop for some work and do remote work of my own while I'm there, because I don't know how long it will take. So I'll have to take my computer with me. Hoo boy. 

Jen, you are so lucky to have a job at this time. 
    VarunaTTSTARMOON44OliveOilsMomei34
  • @VarunaTT, I'm sorry you're going through a tough time.  I hope writing the letter at least helped release some frustration with their lack of leadership during difficult times.  I also hope the Farmacy order brightened your day some.

I am having a rough day also.  I am so busy, but beyond exhausted.  I didn't get enough sleep Sun. night.  I also went to bed too late, around midnight, last night because I wasn't tired.  Then I woke up at 3:30 and couldn't really get back to sleep.  And, mind you, I had even taken an OTC sleeping pill before I went to bed.  I think I lightly dozed here and there before having to get up at 6:30.  I'm going to take a vacation day either tomorrow or Thursday.  I can't keep doing this.  I feel like I'm always running ragged.

I'll end with a funny story.  This morning, the bathroom mat was sitting in our hallway.  The whole thing and at a 90 degree angle from its usual position, when its in the bathroom.  Well, that's weird.  So I call over to my H in the other room and ask him why the mat is in the hallway.  He laughs uproariously and says, "You'll have to ask The Kitten."  Holy crap!  This mat is almost 3x her length and is heavier than her, lol.  Granted, the mat's "journey" was over hard surfaces, but I still don't know how that wild little munchkin did it, lol.  She dragged it all the way out of the bathroom and through a doorway that is narrower than the mat.  Then turned it to a 90 degree angle, so it looked like a hallway runner.  I suspect she was also viciously attacking it the whole time, lol.

Yas!  As I was typing this post, potential good news came in.  I had one tenant who caused me grief about paying the rent last month because she had supposedly lost her job, though she did end up paying it.  I was certainly worried about her this month also.  One of the things I was going to do today was text her.  But she initiated a text first to say she'll have the rent on Friday when she gets off work.  Apparently she's working again, so that's good news.  Though I have been suspicious she never lost her job to begin with, because she admitted last month she hadn't even filed for unemployment.  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    ei34VarunaTTJen4948
  • levioosa said:
    Well, that confirms I made the right call last night. Protest was scheduled from 4-6. Police made a show of kneeling with the protestors. Immediately after 6 they declared it an “unlawful assembly” and fired tear gas and rubber bullets into the crowd. I’m so fucking angry. 
    I'm so glad you didn't go.  I feel too much immense sadness and despair to have strong anger feelings yet.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • kvrunskvruns member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    @mrsconn23 when DH heard about the lawsuit and told me I seriously thought it was an Onion type article! I was like no way that can be true. smh
  • kvruns said:
    @mrsconn23 when DH heard about the lawsuit and told me I seriously thought it was an Onion type article! I was like no way that can be true. smh
    IKR?!  He's an assface, so it honestly shouldn't be surprising.  I briefly saw some social media stuff and it was a universal, "WTF?" 
    kvruns
  • Today just sucks, like yesterday.  We are living in a black hole right now and we have an orange buffoon in charge who wants to mobilize the army against his own citizens.  He had police bulldoze through a peaceful protest of people kneeing so he could get a photo op in front of a local church holding a Bible upside down.

So there is that.

Our daycare is opening up June 15 and we are sending DD.  I'm happy for her to get back with her friends, having better structure in life, but also scared for the possible what ifs.
    I can't tell you how many times I've said to myself, "Okay, that's it.  This is the worst and most horrifying he can be."  And then he breaks through what I thought was the lowest barrier.

I was already horrified and stupefied that in the middle of one of the worst events in human history, some of his answers have been to cut the financial legs out from under the CDC and WHO.  Even if he doesn't always agree with them, WTH is he doing throwing the baby out with the bath water.

And now he's actually encouraging and inciting violence against the very citizens he is supposed to be leading and lifting higher.

Never mind how amazing it would be to have a great leader during all of these terrible and trying times.  At this point, I'd be ecstatic just to have a leader that doesn't make things worse.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    ei34OliveOilsMomJen4948
  • Happy birthday @ei34, wish it was under better circumstances. Also hoping that test comes back
    @VarunaTT I hear you.  Also in a funk.  Not myself lately.  And I finally showered after 4 days (hey, I live alone, no one’s smelling me).  I need to travel and go somewhere.  It’s what I DO! Travel. 
    @short+sassy, one thing off your list - for a month anyway.

i really have to get someone out to do my kitchen remodel because I also need to add another electrical box.  I don’t have enough power in my kitchen and I stupidly tried to make coffee AND run the dishwasher
    at the same time.  I blew a fuse, which includes my fridge, dishwasher and anything plugged into my outlet. Rookie mistake.  I know I can’t run 2 things from my outlet at the same time.  I just forgot my dishwasher was on.  

short+sassyVarunaTTei34OliveOilsMom
  • Good vibes for a negative test @ei34

ei34OliveOilsMom
  • Happy birthday @ei34, wish it was under better circumstances. Also hoping that test comes back
    @VarunaTT I hear you.  Also in a funk.  Not myself lately.  And I finally showered after 4 days (hey, I live alone, no one’s smelling me).  I need to travel and go somewhere.  It’s what I DO! Travel. 
    @short+sassy, one thing off your list - for a month anyway.

i really have to get someone out to do my kitchen remodel because I also need to add another electrical box.  I don’t have enough power in my kitchen and I stupidly tried to make coffee AND run the dishwasher
    at the same time.  I blew a fuse, which includes my fridge, dishwasher and anything plugged into my outlet. Rookie mistake.  I know I can’t run 2 things from my outlet at the same time.  I just forgot my dishwasher was on.  
    On the rental side of my personal duplex, my tenant had done an Airbnb with four guys in town for a gaming convention.

Apparently they came loaded for bear!  They brought their own power strips.  Plugged in multiple tvs and gaming consoles into the living room.  And oh, fancy that...of course they blew the fuse, lol.

Except it happened really late at night.  So they blew up my tenant's phone.  Who then blew up my phone.  Except I'm already sleeping and do NOT keep my cell phone in my bedroom for exactly these reasons, as well as wrong numbers and telemarketers. 

I contacted my tenant the next morning but, fortunately, the guests had figured out where the electrical box was and fixed it themselves.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I can’t go and protest because the risks are too high that something goes wrong and me and the baby get hurt. And I know how privileged that is. So I’m donating and reading and trying to amplify voices where I can. It all feels like no where close to enough. 

I took a nap at lunch; it’s getting harder not to rest during the day. 
    I don't feel comfortable going out to protest because I don't want to bring home coronavirus to the baby. And I've been struggling HARD with the privilege I feel about it. So like you, I'm donating, I'm reading, I'm sharing resources for other white people to educate themselves so I can help relieve some of the burden on black people to educate. One of my high school friends, who's black, has organized a group of us (mostly white) to go through a curriculum that she found that helps educate on racism. We're planning on distributing the articles included in the curriculum between the group of us and holding bi-weekly discussions on each of the resources. I will never feel like it's enough but I'm trying. 
    charlotte989875ei34OliveOilsMom
  • kvrunskvruns member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    happy birthday @ei34
    ei34
  • Happy Birthday and hopes for a negative test ei34.

Hugs for your Climbing and anyone else who needs them.
    VarunaTTei34
  • I haven't gone to any protests.  I'm terrified of being maced or being exposed to tear gas b/c of health reasons (exercise/allergy induced asthma and medically required hard contacts).  And I am basically blind without my contacts.  Things are pretty much just fuzzy shapes and colors.  I might logically know that is a person, that is car, etc, but there's not much beyond that level of vision.

We've had a couple in the city where a pretty  major intersection was taken over by protesters.  One vehicle held mace out, macing the protesters as they drove by, came by and did it again and had the mace ripped out of their hand.  A pickup truck ran into/over protesters, turned around and tried to do it again, but was stopped.  Our police department actually handled the protests correctly, which shocked TF out of me, but the chief has already come out and said "That's not how we'll handle it again."  B/c white people of an 85% white city, just can't be inconvenienced by a detour on their way to the mall, Hobby Lobby, or whatever else is down that road, nothing of which is a medical necessity or main route to a hospital at all.
  • VarunaTT said:
    I just fell down a Knot rabbit hole.  I was kind of **head tilt** about The Knot's banner up there.  Presumably it's for Pride month, but...like....IDK, it's just hitting me wrong.  

Anyway, I thought, let's see what the other queer folx think.  The Gay Weddings board hasn't had a post for a year.  Then I just started looking through the board and wow, The Knot really did mange to kill their community off.  I think there were maybe two handfuls of boards that had a post in the last month and just a couple that seemed actually active.

WW going strong for...almost 2 decades?  :wink:
    I've mentioned this before but, every once in awhile, my WW bookmark doesn't work or I get a new computer.  I can't just come to theknot.com, do a search, and find the forums. 

I have to go OFF the website to Google.  And do a search for "the knot forums" to find it.

Wow!  That's a long time.  I'm glad WW has gone the distance!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    charlotte989875VarunaTT
  • @ei34, happy birthday despite what's happening.
    ei34
  • VarunaTT said:
    I just fell down a Knot rabbit hole.  I was kind of **head tilt** about The Knot's banner up there.  Presumably it's for Pride month, but...like....IDK, it's just hitting me wrong.  

Anyway, I thought, let's see what the other queer folx think.  The Gay Weddings board hasn't had a post for a year.  Then I just started looking through the board and wow, The Knot really did mange to kill their community off.  I think there were maybe two handfuls of boards that had a post in the last month and just a couple that seemed actually active.

WW going strong for...almost 2 decades?  :wink:
    I've mentioned this before but, every once in awhile, my WW bookmark doesn't work or I get a new computer.  I can't just come to theknot.com, do a search, and find the forums. 

I have to go OFF the website to Google.  And do a search for "the knot forums" to find it.

Wow!  That's a long time.  I'm glad WW has gone the distance!
    On my laptop I do go to theknot.com and scroll down to community - which is at the bottom of the page with the about us, contact us etc. You really have to look for it.