Wedding Woes

What's happening Wed.

Not much is going on for me.  The tenant who is moving out because she couldn't pay July's rent just texted me that she finished cleaning the house.  A good sign.  But we will see, lol.  I am really crossing my fingers it's in decent condition and we can get it ready to show quickly.  I made plans to meet her there when I get off work.

I'm thinking about hiring a PM company or real estate agent, just to do showings and handle all of that.  Come to think of it, even better, I might just coordinate with the tenants who live in the other unit to show it for me in exchange for some money when I get it rented.  We don't have time for that right now.  We are already doing showings at our rehabbed duplex, which is a good 40-60 minutes away from this other one.
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: What's happening Wed.

• Hope all is well there @short+sassy

SSDD for me too.  So tired. Just waiting for this work day to be over.  I have an (online) therapy session to go to after work, but I really don’t have much to say.  I’m kinda back to the groove of things and nothing exciting going on. 

• Hopefully everything looks good when they leave! @short+sassy

My manager asked me to come in early today. Fine by me. I’m always sitting in the parking lot thirty minutes early anyways so I might as well get paid for it. I have a bunch of stuff to catch up on from yesterday. 

Last night my dad went to the ER because of chest pain. They ended up sending him home but I’m still worried. Between fucking COVID, his other health conditions, and the fact that he hasn’t been compliant with diet and exercise pre-COVID, his body is not in the best shape it could be to fight this. And it’s not like COVID isn’t destroying healthy young people too. Ugh. 

I’m glad today is a slower day at work. I need a break. I’m doing a hike after work, although it’s still going to be in the 90s so hopefully there’s a breeze. The good thing about the heat is that it cuts down on people trying to hike the trail. But man is it a bitch to do with a mask on. 

• Somewhat SSDD here.

My mom's told me that my father has had 3 falls in the last couple weeks and last weekend he "escaped" and went for a walk down to the local supermarket shopping area.   I am not sure if the escape was a sign that he didn't know what he was doing or if it was more of a way to tell my mom to f*ck off and that she can take his keys but he'll move if he can.  It's still disconcerting because I know that he's 71 and acting like a 5 yo in a 71 yo's body.   His neurologist appointment has been postponed so we won't get definitive information until August.   

Work-wise it's frustrating but I think things are coming around a corner - I hope!  

With the spiking cases in FL and the quarantine rules coming and going we're about 90% that we're rescheduling Disney until 2020 and leaning more towards a NE AirBNB.  
  • I’m sorry @banana468. That’s so stressful. 

• I haven't logged in in a while we had some crazy hacking stuff happen at work. The hackers were ransoming some of our files and the FBI was here a few weeks ago looking into it. I guess we managed to get everything back but it was some scary stuff.

I am pressing forward with preschool forms for my daughter in case we decide to send her but I am not sure if we will. They are supposed to make an announcement as to what the schools plan is next week and  we will make our final decision from there. I am not sure what the right call is. I am worried for her health but also her development. I am trying to work eith her at home but her 18 month old little sister does not make it easy!
  • Oh no, @banana468.  That's so hard.  

DH has poison ivy now. 'Roids for everyone!  

DH and FIL got our bimini top on our boat last night.  It looks so good and now we have shade!!!  

Other than that, SSDD around here. 

• Nothing much here. Work is annoying me, but that's nothing new. I'm starting to think one of the people on the outsourced team we "manage" isn't really working. I hate, hate, hate micro-managing stuff, but it's getting to be a real problem that none of this work is getting done. The group manager is being really defensive and refusing to acknowledge that there's a problem. So, I'm trying to decide what to do about that. 

In fun news, pro soccer is back. H and I are huge fans of our local team. We have season tickets and everything. The league isn't resuming the season as normal; they're playing a tournament in Orlando with no fans. But at least we'll get to watch on tv. I've been missing sports so much. Saturday for our team's first game we're going to go to my sister's and drag her tv out to the backyard. 
  • I took a nap in the middle of the day. The heat is knocking me out. We have AC units in our room, my workspace, and downstairs so it’s not terrible but I still feel like it’s too hot. 

I also woke up to the SC birth control decision, which sucks. 
  • Yesterday was a really terrible day.  I've had a potential covid exposure last Friday so I'm back to self isolating as much as I can.  I've debated getting a test but I think I'll wait to see symptoms and I'm tracking everything everyday.  MO is quickly going downhill and I'm not sure what the tests look like, so I'm going work/home and if I do have to go out (pick up groceries, gas), I'm masked.  K is the same.  K is also back with their regular patient b/c the handpicked nurse is out being tested for covid and hasn't received results yet.  I'm really fighting hard against nihilism and finding shit out like my employer fell into the PPP of between $350K and $1 million while making us work through the stay at home order pisses me right the fuck off.  My attitude at work is becoming shitty, but my pro/con list still remains the same, so I haven't dusted off the resume yet.  And when I stopped for gas and stepped inside to buy wine b/c of yesterday, I was the only person in the entire damn store masked except for the clerks.  There were at least 10-15 people besides me in there.  The urge to just go completely off about it was really hard to tamp down.  I got out fast.

So, I really want to add working out to my daily routine.  And I really want to add it in the morning b/c then it's just finished and I can go about my day.  My problem:  I really DON'T want to get out of bed.  So, I think I'm going to have to do this at night for awhile.  How do y'all keep yourself motivated after work and dinner to work out?  B/c that's a struggle for me too.

• Damn @VarunaTT really hoping you’re negative and don’t develop symptoms. That sucks. I’ve read a bit about MO and it seems like things are getting pretty bad out there. 
  • VarunaTT said:
    Yesterday was a really terrible day.  I've had a potential covid exposure last Friday so I'm back to self isolating as much as I can.  I've debated getting a test but I think I'll wait to see symptoms and I'm tracking everything everyday.  MO is quickly going downhill and I'm not sure what the tests look like, so I'm going work/home and if I do have to go out (pick up groceries, gas), I'm masked.  K is the same.  K is also back with their regular patient b/c the handpicked nurse is out being tested for covid and hasn't received results yet.  I'm really fighting hard against nihilism and finding shit out like my employer fell into the PPP of between $350K and $1 million while making us work through the stay at home order pisses me right the fuck off.  My attitude at work is becoming shitty, but my pro/con list still remains the same, so I haven't dusted off the resume yet.  And when I stopped for gas and stepped inside to buy wine b/c of yesterday, I was the only person in the entire damn store masked except for the clerks.  There were at least 10-15 people besides me in there.  The urge to just go completely off about it was really hard to tamp down.  I got out fast.

So, I really want to add working out to my daily routine.  And I really want to add it in the morning b/c then it's just finished and I can go about my day.  My problem:  I really DON'T want to get out of bed.  So, I think I'm going to have to do this at night for awhile.  How do y'all keep yourself motivated after work and dinner to work out?  B/c that's a struggle for me too.

It’s a struggle for me too.  I HAVE to do it first thing.  I don’t do anything strenuous or physical but come 5:00 o’clock Im done.  I’m lucky to get motivated enough to cook.  But honesty working out makes me so tired that I SHOULD do it at night to knock me out.

I drove to Southern IL and stopped at Gas stations too. Only one wearing a mask too.  Way different from Chicagoland! 

I hear you about Florida @banana468, would def change that date (did you mean 2021?) I’m currently looking at two docs in Miami since cosmetic surgery is so much lower there and I’m looking at non invasive lipo on my arms.  Maybe I should change my name to ProcedurePam? I can see ya’ll talk about me 10 years from now “remember that Pam person who couldn’t stop the plastics?) 
    But who knows when I should go down there or CAN go down there (I’ll drive)? I have a phone consult with one highly rated one tomorrow after work.  And another next week.  I’m on a few fb groups so get to hear real life experiences and reviews. I’m hoping Nov looks better, maybe thanksgiving? 

• Jstump2 said:
    I haven't logged in in a while we had some crazy hacking stuff happen at work. The hackers were ransoming some of our files and the FBI was here a few weeks ago looking into it. I guess we managed to get everything back but it was some scary stuff.

I am pressing forward with preschool forms for my daughter in case we decide to send her but I am not sure if we will. They are supposed to make an announcement as to what the schools plan is next week and  we will make our final decision from there. I am not sure what the right call is. I am worried for her health but also her development. I am trying to work eith her at home but her 18 month old little sister does not make it easy!
    Yikes!  Crazy movie situation there! Glad it’s all resolved 

• @VarunaTT, I'm sorry to hear about your exposure.  I hope you and K stay healthy.

I admit to being puzzled on how all of that works when someone is notified they were exposed.  I assume it varies by city.  But two of my coworkers, who are in the same room as myself...though it's a large room and their desks are a good 15' away from me...were both contacted that they'd been exposed and the company immediately sent them home.  That was almost two weeks ago and they've been working from home.  I assume they are coming back in next week.  I guess I was just a little surprised that the rest of us, at least in this room, weren't also sent to WFH for at least a few days

I assume they were tested and were fine or we would have been sent home.  But I don't like making a huge assumption like that.  On the one hand, I totally understand and strongly agree that people's medical info should be kept private.  But on the other hand, it's disconcerting in these times to have had two of your coworkers suddenly whisked away and you don't know anything more about it. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • ei34ei34 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    I'm sorry about your fathers @banana468 and @levioosa , that'd be a lot even without COVID lurking. 
    I'd also like to know how the evening exercisers do it...if my work out isn't underway by 5:30(am) it isn't happening.

Just another humid day.  The car made it out the mechanic for less than $400 so I'm happy about that.
  • @VarunaTT, I'm sorry to hear about your exposure.  I hope you and K stay healthy.

I admit to being puzzled on how all of that works when someone is notified they were exposed.  I assume it varies by city.
    Our local health department posts daily newly identified positives (not named), where they went (in some past time frame, i haven't quite figured it out but it seems like 48-72 hours), and if they were masked/umasked, infectious/not infectious, and asymptomatic/symptomatic.

The number of "infectious, symptomatic, and unmasked" is making me angry.  We have stopped going inside any Walmart (i do grocery pickup at a Neighborhood Walmart) b/c of how many people were reported at Walmarts and Sams Clubs here.

Mine was b/c a symptomatic, infectious, and unmasked individual went to my one bar that I'd been allowing myself to go once/week.  It was a bad decision, I logically know; I was also emotionally lonely AF and it was messing with me.  The individual was there Tuesday night (I was not), but I went for happy hour on Friday and Tuesday's individual could've been around someone on Tuesday, that I was around on Friday, we don't know.  The other thing is, the regulars are clique-y AF and none of us can figure out who the patron was, so I almost think it's a rando that the regs probably stayed away from.  But IDK.
  • ei34 said:
    I'm sorry about your fathers @banana468 and @levioosa , that'd be a lot even without COVID lurking. 
    I'd also like to know how the evening exercisers do it...if my work out isn't underway by 5:30(am) it isn't happening.

Just another humid day.  The car made it out the mechanic for less than $400 so I'm happy about that.
    I’m the same way! If I don’t work out in the morning I won’t do it. Even now if I don’t go out for a walk in the morning I can’t make myself do it later on. 
  • Yes - we'd go to FL next year.

Now we're floating the idea of doing an Air BNB somewhere that we can "vacation" but just be by ourselves renting a house for a few days and do a lot of outside things with the kids.   If in a house, we'd bring food in the car and/or just send DH to the store to get enough food for a week.  

I think my dad took off because my mom is using tough love but that's hard when she's talking to him like he's one of her former students and he's not - he's her husband.   He's also not making good decisions either.  

I do think these are early onset dementia signs and I'm waiting for my BIL to review my POA to see if I can just call the docs myself. 
  • VarunaTT said:

It’s a struggle for me too.  I HAVE to do it first thing.  I don’t do anything strenuous or physical but come 5:00 o’clock Im done.  I’m lucky to get motivated enough to cook.  But honesty working out makes me so tired that I SHOULD do it at night to knock me out.

I am not a morning person. Never have been, probably never will be. If I wake up early, regardless of length of time asleep, I drag all day. I’ve been working out every day, even if it’s just a 30-60 min walk. I usually do weights for 40-50 min, then an hour walk. I do that about 5x a week and the other two days I split between a walk or hike and the elliptical and a walk. I have to do it first thing when I get home or else I lose motivation. It doesn’t leave much time for cooking so it does mean I eat pretty late (around 9). Meal prepping helps because then I can just heat up the food. It’s definitely work though and I really wish I could just wake up early and get it over with. It doesn’t leave much time for anything else at home on weeknights. 

• VarunaTTVarunaTT member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited July 2020

ETA: sorry just saw your update- you haven’t been exposed to anyone with Covid-19 based on this! Being in a place someone positive was in days earlier is not an exposure! But also as someone from NJ who knows what it is like when your state gets bad, hanging out inside a bar is just about the worst riskiest choice you can possibly make. Please stop. I know I’ve never met you but I kinda like all y’all random internet people and it would be sad if you died of Covid!
    It's more, if that individual on Tuesday exposed a regular who caught it and then the regular exposed me on Friday.  It's a thin enough line I think I'm probably safe, but I don't really have any way of knowing.

Yeah, I know.  I limit it as much as possible and it's not a club, it's a neighborhood bar. I've limited it even more and we're not hanging out even with the 2 people we had "bubbled" with now and probably won't for the future.  The thing that's getting to me is since my state is taking NO measures and since Parsons has his head all.the.way.up.Trumps.ass and I think they've announced MO public schools will be opening up August 24, I feel rather hopeless.  So it's like I do everything right as much as I can w/an employer who won't allow WFH, I screw up my mental health b/c of it, I take all these precautions and I feel like I'm probably going to get it anyway b/c it's simply a matter of numbers/time.  <---That's the nihilism kicking in.  It's a struggle.

Also, y'all aren't giving me any hope on this working out in the evening.  :smiley:
  • @levioosa says to do it right when you get home @VarunaTT!  She’s on your side

• @VarunaTT I do best when I do it immediately when i get home from work (or on the way home, if i'm going to the gym).  I am not a morning workout person, but if I allow myself to sit down or start something at home before working out, i just don't do it.