Wedding Woes
Options

The P word day

As in PRUDIE!  LOL

What's up?

DH's cousin and his wife and their kids were supposed to come next weekend, but I think we're going to cancel because we just have so much on our plates.  I'm really not sad about this because their youngest kid is a brat.  Plus we were going to go boating with them and next weekend's weather doesn't look like it will be boating weather. 

This weekend we're going to be busy around the house.  

Prudie has some fun ones today.  Yay. 

Re: The P word day

• Options
    That sucks @kvruns.  Are you friends with her on social media?  Is she making posts and just seemingly ignoring your attempts at contact?  How frustrating.  
  • Options
    IDK why I've been so tired this week, but I have been dragging.  I just don't feel 100%.  I'm so excited for the new mattress to see if that helps my sleep pattern.  I know grass and mold are high, so allergies are probably a factor.  I've had to take a benadryl the last 2 nights b/c I was so itchy.  Plus I haven't cooked b/c I've been so tired, so I haven't been eating very healthy, which is it's own problem.  I'm going to try and make myself cook tonight, even if I'm falling down asleep. Also, I think I bruised my tailbone on the rower, so I've taken a break for about a week.  I bought a seat cushion for it and hopefully that'll help once it's not painful to sit down/stand up.

K is shifting their schedule for now.  They have about 40 days before they can reapply at their program and the family they work for had to make a school based decision for the kiddo.  So K is shifting to the 4:30-10pm, Sunday through Thursday, slot for this remaining time period.  It sucks, but it will also give me some alone time that I think might be nice.  I love K so much and just working and going home and being around each other all the time has been wearing on me.  I don't even know what to talk about, b/c I really don't like talking about work too much when I'm not at work, but...I don't do anything else!!  

I'm really glad tomorrow is Friday.  I've got this poor client that I mailed on on 7/29, through certified USPS mail.  So far, it's left our office, gone to Colorado Springs, gone to KC, MO, gone back to Colorado Springs, and now it's headed someplace else.  I put in a claim issue with USPS and they were no help.  So, we're having to stop payment and reissue, but that just takes some time.  I feel bad for the client; it's not our fault and management wasn't willing to immediately reissue (and I don't blame them); it's just been a cluster.
  • Options
    She is on social media but rarely posts anything. She is occasionally tagged in stuff but doesn't post much on her own. TBH she's always been flighty about communication in general, usually tied to being busy with work (used to travel a ton) and being a single mom, reasons why we've drifted over the years with no longer living close by. Definitely the person who probably replies in her head but doesn't actually reply - which I know we all do sometimes and there are some people who do it more often. But in this case she had reached out to me and was all about getting together so then to never hear back even as I was reaching out to confirm plans was just kinda the last straw for my effort levels. 
  • Options
    CharmedPamCharmedPam member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited August 2020
    Ouch @VarunaTT, my rower seat is comfy!  But I only use it 15 min a day so it never bothers my tailbone.  Hopefully a better seat will do you good.  I love my water rower. 
    Sorry about your friend @kvruns, doing what your doing is all you can do though.  Have the door open but don’t push her through it, yaknow?

a few weeks ago I asked my friends (whom I email daily) that I was in need of a new frying pan and what did they use and love? They suggested cast iron and copper chef but I don’t like those so just bought an amazon high rated one.
    this morning I woke up at 2 a.m. and this informercial was on.  I started to order it then, but got to tired and saved it for today.  I did put this order in though.  It was a sign! 
    http://www.walmart.com/ip/Granite-Stone-Diamond-5-Piece-Non-Stick-Cookware-Set-Oven-Safe-Dishwasher-Safe/651950706
    My friend said “you’re the reason why infomercial and facebook ads exist”

ummmmmm me and a million other people.  How else are companies supposed to advertise? Granted I do buy a lot from both ad sources but yeah, that’s how companies reach out to us. And in this case I NEEDED what they were selling! She made it sound wrong...whatevs. 

• Options
    DH has bought shit off IG ads.  Also, I just saved an ad I saw on IG because it's a bike rack that may work for our garage and keep DefConn from just discarding his bike in the way.  Your friend obvs has some bias that has nothing to do with you, but she doesn't need to be projecting it on you @CharmedPam. How annoying. 

I agree there are a TON of sketch FB ads, but that's why you should link through and use google. IDK...common sense.  
  • Options
    @VarunaTT we've had several packages like that lately, it is ridiculous. Twice DH would add a comment to delivery instructions online (something like "delivery to home address) and suddenly it would stop its tour of the US and make it here a day or two later. 
  • Options
    @kvruns I’m sorry about your friend. That’s hurtful and frustrating. 

This week feels like the week that will never end. I haven’t been sleeping much and my hip has been bothering me. I can’t tell if it’s an overuse injury or if it’s rotated in a way it should not be rotated. I might try to hit up the chiropractor after work. I could see if one of our docs could look at it but I really hate mixing work and medical stuff when your employer theoretically could access your chart. I know they’re not allowed but I trust no one. 

Otherwise SSDD. Just trying to make it through to the weekend. 

• Options
    @CharmedPam I had to laugh at your friend's comment but I didn't read it as that she meant it to be a negative thing. I have for real asked who buys things off FB, and now I know. You! Lol. 
    I am the polar opposite, if I see your ad on my social media I won't buy it. I don't care if I need it, I will find something else. It is my own personal boycott of ads. I hate ads. <Grumpy face>

@VarunaTT I have been so tired too. Could you be a little anemic? That always zaps my energy levels.

@banana468 how are you guys doing? My aunt *just* got power back yesterday. 8 days without power. 
  • Options
    mrsconn23 said:
    DH has bought shit off IG ads.  Also, I just saved an ad I saw on IG because it's a bike rack that may work for our garage and keep DefConn from just discarding his bike in the way.  Your friend obvs has some bias that has nothing to do with you, but she doesn't need to be projecting it on you @CharmedPam. How annoying. 

I agree there are a TON of sketch FB ads, but that's why you should link through and use google. IDK...common sense.  
    I’ve also bought stuff off of IG posts, but generally only from companies that I know. But I found it’s a good way to see sales without having to sign up for email lists. 
  • Options
    @missJeanLouise I am, I already have to take an iron supplement.  I'm wondering if I'm not in the week before my period, which is when this usually hits anyway.  I might need to up the iron supplement the week before; even with the supplement my iron is in the low normal range (so is vit D and lord knows I haven't seen the sun, so I might need to up that too).  I should probably also track my period better but since I don't have to worry about pregnancy anymore...I kinda don't care?  

:smiley:
  • Options
    @CharmedPam a FB ad is where I got my hair product, so it can be awesome.

I always recommend the Walmart Tramontina line for pans.  They are regularly tested by Cooks Illustrated and are considered the budget version of All Clad.  They were something like a 1/16th different in thickness and Cooks basically said that unless you just want the brand name of All Clad, but the Tramontina.
  • Options
    CharmedPamCharmedPam member
    edited August 2020
    @CharmedPam I had to laugh at your friend's comment but I didn't read it as that she meant it to be a negative thing. I have for real asked who buys things off FB, and now I know. You! Lol. 
    I am the polar opposite,
    if I see your ad on my social media I won't buy it. I don't care if I need it, I will find something else. It is my own personal boycott of ads. I hate ads. <Grumpy face>

@VarunaTT I have been so tired too. Could you be a little anemic? That always zaps my energy levels.

@banana468 how are you guys doing? My aunt *just* got power back yesterday. 8 days without power. 
    For sure me.  But usually I see the ad.  Find it impressive and know it’s coming from China so I’ll find it on amazon. Sometimes also coming from China but purchased through amazon.

although I bought directly from Haus Cosmetics the glam palette Through the FB ad I saw. I trusted lady GaGa.  If you can’t trust Lady Gaga, who can you trust?

• Options
    ei34ei34 member
    IG/FB ads serve as my reminder that I need to buy something.  I search for a particular product or on a site on my phone, but don't purchase.  Then on my next social media scroll there it is.  But I've never bought anything after seeing it for the first time on IG, etc.
    @kvruns I'd seen your friend conundrum last week but then never replied when our power was out for five days  :( but I think your plan is perfect- stop actively reaching out, but leave the door open.  Sorry that it's caused you the extra strife. 

Just did a buy online-curbside pick up at Old Navy for some clothes for our trip to New Hampshire next week.  (We decided to go btw...we'll be staying at my parents' house, I'll go into the supermarket once, but otherwise totally outdoors...NY and NH's numbers are the same...feels safe for us and them.)  I was beginning to piece together packing and realized I've been wearing the same 3 outfits..doing laundry every other day enables be to do so but I don't want to use the laundromat while there.  So the only solution was buy new clothes.
  • Options
    @CharmedPam Lady Gaga for president I say.

@ei34 I love it when the only solution is to buy new clothes, lol.

I think I am going to send DH on an ice cream run after we put DS down. Mama could use some Ben and Jerry's.
  • Options
    @kvruns , I'm sorry to hear about your friend still not reaching out.  I think your plan is a good one.  Let her reach out next and, if she doesn't, oh well.

@CharmedPam , I need new frying pans myself.  Let me know what you think of those Walmart ones.  Because I'm also a fan of quality, but cheap! Lol.

First time on TK using my cell, lol!  At the doctor's office and it's the worst.  My appointments are always 1-2 hours late.  It's just my usual twice/year checkup.  I really like this doctor or I would have left years ago.

90 minutes past my appointment time and I was just shown into a room.  Will probably be another 15-30 minutes before the doctor comes in (sigh).

But, on the bright side, I used this appointment as an excuse to take a whole sick day off from work.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    @missJeanLouise I think I know where your aunt may live!   Some houses were without for a long time.   Luckily ours came back Thursday night which was still too long IMO for a state that has the 2nd highest electrical rates in the country but hey, at least it was on!