Wedding Woes
Options

Wait, it’s October?!

I thought it was September 30 still. 

Not much here. It’s finally fall weather which is great except the rain. It poured all day yesterday which kept us inside. 

A friend from work got in touch with a hiring manager she knew about a job for H. It sounds really promising and it would be a great fit for him. Our HR can be a bit of a mess so fingers crossed that it works out! 

Re: Wait, it’s October?!

• Options
    October! How can it be? I need to do all my switch over to fall stuff (clean up the flower beds, take out summer flowers put up Halloween decor) but that's not happening until I'm off the crutches. I also may be needing fall clothes but they are upstairs (can't walk upstairs yet). I guess I will be layering light weight cardigans and t shirts until I can do other stuff. Hopefully just a little over a week to go until I'm without crutches.

I'm debating doing Jenny Craig. I did it years ago and was pretty successful. It is just so expensive. If I could do it for a month or two I think I would drop the weight I need to get rid of but just don't know about the expense. Anyone have any recent experience with it. The website talks about going into ketosis (which I know is low carb) but the foods don't necessarily seem low carb. It also talks about intermittent fasting of 12 hours - this doesn't seem like true intermittent fasting (close to 16 hours a day from what I've read). Just wondering about others' experiences.
  • Options
    Jstump2Jstump2 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited October 2020
    This week has been pretty slow work-wise though we did have a little bit of office drama yesterday. One of my co-workers ex's new husband stopped in and lied about who he was to get access and then made threats to him to "stay away." I don't know the whole story but made for an interesting afternoon.
  • Options
    I am nearing burn out.  I am excited to go on vacation, but I will not believe it's really happening until we are actually on our way.  I've already started making staycation plans in my head in case our trip gets scuttled due to last minute 2020 fuckery.  This year has been such a mindfuck. 

I literally could not yesterday.  I made DH pick up dinner on the way home.  I didn't do shit around the house either. I can't have a second day of it, but it does sound nice.  LOL

SSDD otherwise. 
  • Options
    @ILoveBeachMusic, I was on JC in my 20’s and lost 50 lbs.  i loved it! But you’re right, the money was outrageous even then so I can only imagine what it’s like now.  Plus, I gradually gained it back once I stopped using their food. GL if you do it!  The cheesecake alone was worth the program. LOL.

M came over last night, like he typically does on Wednesday's and we had another great evening.  Today is my Friday. My friends and I are going to a haunted town/ghost tour tomorrow night and visiting my parents on Saturday... So I’m tres excited for that. I have a lot to do tonight for it,  but also told my friend to call me if she needed help moving.  I’m hoping she doesn’t utilize me... I like, really have a lot to do!

• Options
    SSDD here. I have a bunch of meetings all day again. I enjoy being busy, but I feel so scattered this week. I'm looking forward to having a quiet day tomorrow to just do work. 

Nothing much else going on. The weather is perfect, so I've been just hanging out outside as much as possible. We'll probably go to the park or something tonight. 
  • Options
    It’s my Friday! I’m hoping the day goes by smoothly and quickly. I actually got some sleep last night. Tomorrow I get my face lasered. I’ve never had it done before so I’m curious about how uncomfortable it might be and how long the redness will last. 

Otherwise SSDD. 

Good vibes for your H! @charlotte989875

@mrsconn23 it’s good you’re planning vacation back-ups now. We should have known better. It was a mind fuck to try and plan something last minute while also re-aligning our expectations. It kind of ruined our trip a little too. 

• Options
    MNNEBrideMNNEBride member
    First Comment 5 Love Its First Anniversary First Answer
    edited October 2020
    I had PTO yesterday so I could do a bunch of appointments.  Saw my primary and my blood work wasn't great so I'm changing up my "diet and exercise".  Anyone have some great and non-spicy low carb recipes?  I stopped by my office - it's so weird as no one is there and it's just deserted.  Got my eye exam and mammogram scheduled for the next month and will have a follow up with PC in 12 weeks.  

After the appointments I went to browse at Ulta and then to the phone repair place.  My phone is old and had been turning off randomly.  They diagnosed that I needed a new battery.  I also had my cracked screen protector changed out.  They needed 45 mins so I went across the parking lot to Target.  I felt naked without my phone!  It seems to be working better today.  Hopefully the new battery will get me a year or more out of my iPhone 6s.

Back to work today then dinner with my Nephew tonight.  He turned 18 a couple of weeks ago - What?  He was almost 2 when DH and I met.

I didn't watch the debate.  I figured I could get the "highlights" online.  Glad I didn't watch!  

Edited to add:  I got my first shingles shot yesterday.  Boy does my arm hurt today!  It's a two part process now so next one in 6-12 weeks.
  • Options
    Eye still hurts, but not pink eye {if pink eye, I would be sent for covid testing} I irritated it from rubbing other night .... guh allergy season can eff off!

BabyKitten went to dentist this morning.
    No cavities. Gums enflamed definitely due to molars and they confirmed - said could have a break in gums soon. Confirmed what I suspected, 2yr old molars are definitely harder of the molars since the gums are enflammed. Said brushing with cold water could help.

Saturday we're doing dinner at my mum's.
    Depending on weather, depends on our full plan. BabyKitten has swimming in the morning. If weather is good, M is dropping BabyKitten & i off at my mum's at 11am then doing stones with my mum's bf. They're just taking stones out of ground so M & I can remove weeds and clear the area for next year. I think we'll put some cardboard down to try and kill some.
    I'm hoping the guys will take our shitty patio table to the garage so we can put in trash next week.

Pro tip, don't get a wooden patio set.

We're bringing playpen so BabyKitten can nap at my mum's She'll probably crash pretty easily. Swimming knocks her out.

If weather sucks, we're just going after BabyKitten's nap at home.
  • Options
    SSDD today.  Glad it is Thursday!  I do like Thursdays .... I used to have choir on Thursday nights so it was something to look forward to.  That is cancelled this year though, but Thursday's still seem special.  

I'm going to what is being called a socially distanced Halloween event on Saturday.  They only let in so many people at a time, and everyone has to stay six feet away.  We wanted to do it early because I suspect that even this will be shut down by Canadian Thanksgiving.  I'm excited to at least have one Halloween event this year, and I'm curious to see how they scare people with social distancing.  We'll see!

• Options
    I'm the opposite!  I've been surprised a few times in the last couple weeks that I was still in September.  October is my favorite month and I had mentally already transported myself there, lol.

I'm excited to have reconnected with an old friend.  Unfortunately, we're both kind of like that.  We'll stay in touch via e-mail for awhile.  Then drop off.  Then pick up where we left off again.  We have a pretty cool story together.  She is originally from So. CA, just like me.  But I met her when she moved to NOLA, we were coworkers at a previous job.  She ended up moving back to CA years ago, but still loves NOLA and visits at least every two years.  And when I'm back home visiting my family, we'll meet up for dinner.

One of the minor things that drives me a little nuts about my job is I'm always left out of the loop, even for things that directly affect me.  Sometimes I'll hear rumors (like today).  Sometimes I'm surprised or left to figure it out on the fly because I guess people assume I know what's going on.

This is what happened this morning.  One of my main responsibilities is preparing steel packages though, thankfully, I have other ones.  I'm pretty much the only one who does these, but there is another employee (JV) in the Architectural dept. who can help if I get overwhelmed.  Steel has been dead for months.  JV stopped by my cube today and told me that there had been a company-wide manager's meeting.  And my boss told her boss that we were going to be borrowing JV soon to help with steel.

She asked me if I knew anything about it.  I told her, "Nope, no idea.  I'm doing maybe one package/week."  We laughed, because she knows how it is.  So now we are guessing maybe steel  is going to be ramping back up.  Which would actually be awesome!  I have been too bored at work and the days drag on, because I don't have enough to do.  I would love to have a constant flurry of steel packages again.  I'm hopeful and crossing my fingers my work situation gets better!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    MNNEBride said:
    I had PTO yesterday so I could do a bunch of appointments.  Saw my primary and my blood work wasn't great so I'm changing up my "diet and exercise".  Anyone have some great and non-spicy low carb recipes?  I stopped by my office - it's so weird as no one is there and it's just deserted.  Got my eye exam and mammogram scheduled for the next month and will have a follow up with PC in 12 weeks.  

After the appointments I went to browse at Ulta and then to the phone repair place.  My phone is old and had been turning off randomly.  They diagnosed that I needed a new battery.  I also had my cracked screen protector changed out.  They needed 45 mins so I went across the parking lot to Target.  I felt naked without my phone!  It seems to be working better today.  Hopefully the new battery will get me a year or more out of my iPhone 6s.

Back to work today then dinner with my Nephew tonight.  He turned 18 a couple of weeks ago - What?  He was almost 2 when DH and I met.

I didn't watch the debate.  I figured I could get the "highlights" online.  Glad I didn't watch!  

Edited to add:  I got my first shingles shot yesterday.  Boy does my arm hurt today!  It's a two part process now so next one in 6-12 weeks.
    H and I got our shingles shots last year. I hate to tell you but the second was worse than the first. Felt like we had the flu for a couple of days. Tired and body aches along with the sore arm.
  • Options
    MNNEBride said:

H and I got our shingles shots last year. I hate to tell you but the second was worse than the first. Felt like we had the flu for a couple of days. Tired and body aches along with the sore arm.
    I heard the same.  

My aunt and uncle received theirs last year.   They both felt awful after them and my aunt ultimately had afib.   I don't think shingles shot = afib but it was super scary. 
  • Options
    @MNNEBride some of my go to recipes:

Zucchini lasagna

Shrimp Caesar salad

Skirt steak/carne asada with bell peppers/onions

Creole seasoned salmon with haricot verts

Spaghetti squash with meat sauce or “healthy” Alfredo style sauce

Breakfast burritos made with turkey sausage, eggs, light Mexican cheese, spinach and a low carb tortilla

• Options
    I've also heard that.  My DH got the flu-like symptoms after his first shot but not the second.  Regardless of the side effects, the shot is better than getting Shingles I guess.
  • Options
    Last night started great and ended with the dogs nearly getting directly sprayed by a skunk.  They did get some, but not a direct hit.  H saw the skunk (as we didn't know what was under DD's power wheels), and they came when called. The spray came after they were inside, but we could smell it immediately and shut all the windows.  It was after 9 and H is all "Do we have the skunk stuff?  Should I go to Petsmart?"  and I respond that I have been waiting for this day since the last time Olive got sprayed!  I grabbed the handy recipe card I keep taped inside a cabinet and told H to grab the baking soda and go upstairs.  H couldn't believe I kept all the needed ingredients for the homemade skunk cleaner!  So both dogs got immediately washed and looked very pathetic!  H worked to get cups of vinegar out to help absorb the smell downstairs and sprayed the vinegar everywhere.  We have a faint smell left, but the windows are all open wide and the house is airing out.

We also had our quarterly pest spraying today, so when the guy came in to do the inside areas, I asked him if it smelled skunky and he said no - whew!

Soon I will be heading into the office to work for the afternoon.  It was sorta, kinda, highly suggested that we come in, since our annual review is today as well.  So I will pick up some lunch on the way and work the rest of the day there.
  • Options
    MNNEBride said:
    I've also heard that.  My DH got the flu-like symptoms after his first shot but not the second.  Regardless of the side effects, the shot is better than getting Shingles I guess.
    One of my (former now) coworkers contracted shingles a few years ago.  She was even fortunate enough to have a mild case, but was still miserable.  She missed about a week of work also.  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    @Casadena I would love to see pictures of your yard if you want to share.  It sounds like an amazing transformation!  It may or may not  be one of my favourite time sucks to look at what people do with their yards ...

• Options
    I love October (the weather and the fact that September is over. For all kinds of reasons, September is not my favorite month).

Lots of work lately. It's weird because last week there wasn't much and I was spending a lot of time begging for assignments! 

The weather has been awesome. Much cooler.

@mrsconn23, I hope you can go on your vacation!
    @charlotte989875, good luck to your H!