Wedding Woes

MANDALORIAN -- Major massive spoilers, don't come in here if you don't want to know. :)

VarunaTTVarunaTT member
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
edited December 2020 in Wedding Woes
I just finished watching it b/c I had 10 minutes left from lunch and OMGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!

I didn't know if anyone else is watching it, but I ABSOLUTELY need to talk about it!!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: MANDALORIAN -- Major massive spoilers, don't come in here if you don't want to know. :)

• I can't until late tonight or tomorrow!  I'm current but we're watching Trans Siberian at 8 and won't watch Mandalorian until later....unless this is what DH is doing in the basement and THAT is why the mofo is ignoring me. 
  • The woman that sits across the hall from me also watches it.  She was watching my face as I was yelling, "DON'T LOOK AT MY SCREEN, IT'LL RUIN IT!!"  She told me she was 3 episodes behind and I was like, I cannot live through Monday w/out discussing it, so CATCH UP!!

:smiley:
  • Oh it must be good - I'll post as soon as we're done! 
  • HOW DID THEY DO THAT?!?
  • VarunaTTVarunaTT member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited December 2020
    banana468 said:
    HOW DID THEY DO THAT?!?
    One of my friends who is big into Star Wars nerddom, said that long time fans were complaining about how Luke looked.  I was like...Man, I thought it looked awesome!!

Apparently it was a body double, with CGI for the face.  As soon as I saw the green light saber, I just kept thinking, No way, and was running the little bit I knew about the history of Star Wars and where this story was supposed to fit into the lore.  I loved the throwback.  Now I'm super interested in where season 3 will go and there is lots of speculation.

Other things I loved:

I adore Katee Sackhoff.  Apparently she has voiced the Bo-Katan character in the Clone Wars' movies, so they were able to get her for this.  TBH though, every movie I've seen her in has still felt like Starbuck.  I didn't think she did that at all in this, so it was really great to see her flex her acting muscles and show us a completely different character.  My friend and I had an intense conversation about the "boob armour" because I was annoyed by it.

I liked that Mando showed Grogu his face.

I love Giancarlo Esposito and he was so good as Moff Gideon.  I can't wait to see what they do with his character moving forward.

The black saber tale is super interesting and I'm ready to see where that goes too.

ETA:  I love the the dark trooper looked like Rock 'Em Sock 'Em robots painted black.

My buddy also sent me this and said it was me and I agree wholeheartedly:

• I'm here killing myself because with all the Gina drama, M & I have been putting off season 2 of Mando because we were just soooo pissy about it {still am} BUT we're watching over holidays.

So I'll just spoil myself here.
    I already know Baby Yoda's name but fuck it, he is baby yoda

@VarunaTT lol the meme <3 
  • We LOVED it.  DH just smiled and went, "Alright!" at the end.  I was SUPER tired (had insomnia the night before) and I fear I didn't give it the full consciousness it deserved by holy moly that was fantastic and I'm beyond impressed that it was a secret for over a year. 
  • I'm here killing myself because with all the Gina drama, M & I have been putting off season 2 of Mando because we were just soooo pissy about it {still am} BUT we're watching over holidays.

I always have to make a choice when it comes to people like Gina.  As long as she isn't the star and as long as the art isn't about her hateful views, I'll allow myself the privilege of watching.  I wasn't too happy when Rosario Dawson showed up either (I didn't know she'd taken a role) and I think her character is supposed to be getting a spinoff and I will NOT be watching hat.

However, rumor has it that Disney is holding Gina's feet to the fire and telling her she has to apologize and STFU or not get her spinoff.  I'm waiting to see what happens, but unless there's a sincere apology, I will not watch that either.
  • VarunaTT said:
    I'm here killing myself because with all the Gina drama, M & I have been putting off season 2 of Mando because we were just soooo pissy about it {still am} BUT we're watching over holidays.

I always have to make a choice when it comes to people like Gina.  As long as she isn't the star and as long as the art isn't about her hateful views, I'll allow myself the privilege of watching.  I wasn't too happy when Rosario Dawson showed up either (I didn't know she'd taken a role) and I think her character is supposed to be getting a spinoff and I will NOT be watching hat.

However, rumor has it that Disney is holding Gina's feet to the fire and telling her she has to apologize and STFU or not get her spinoff.  I'm waiting to see what happens, but unless there's a sincere apology, I will not watch that either.
    We've decided recently to watch season 2 because it was filmed before a lot of her b.s started being more public.

We both get so mad because she's such a badass female character. M is always big on having more badass females in the world and she is actually a MMA artist.
    {I joke constantly that M is such a feminist and M keeps saying "yeh sure but it's weird to label when you just want more in the world and from the world" because he pushes so hard and get so stoked when there's badass women and more women in his field and/or STEM fields lol}

I haven't heard about Rosario Dawson drama - what's that?
  • There's an amazing scene in the final episode where it's all bad ass women coming in to save the day.  I geeked out as hard as I did when all of the women Avengers gathered in Endgame.

Dawson had an employee who came out as transgender.  That employee has filed charges of harassment and assault, stating that Dawson helped hold him down while someone else beat him up and other atrocities.  I know she says it didn't happen and some of the charges have been dropped.  I also know that transgender people don't necessarily want to "out" themselves over legal matters, so I don't know who/what to believe, but I'd rather err on the side of caution and ally to the transcommunity:  https://www.out.com/celebs/2020/11/30/rosario-dawson-addresses-transphobia-lawsuit-star-wars-controversy
  • @VarunaTT omg! Wtf! That's awful! It's almost like why Nikkie Tutorials ended up outing herself as transgendered - because she was being blackmailed.
    Obv not same because she wasn't beaten but good lord.
    I saw this quote about homophobia but it really can work on transphobia

"Phobia means you're afraid. You're not afraid, you're an asshole"