Wedding Woes
Options

Fatigued Friday

I am starting this Friday just completely utterly exhausted. I have one task to accomplish today and it will be touch or go. Fortunately a pretty chill weekend, getting coffee with my Dad and that’s about it. 

Re: Fatigued Friday

• Options
    Went to bed with a headache. Woke up with a headache.
    Caffeine is helping keep it at bay because meds are not helping :(

Tonight I may get M to put voltaren on my neck {where the pain is seemingly coming from} and I may also have a CBD chocolate before bed. Hopefully reduce inflammation.
  • Options
    Nice quiet no work weekend!  Well, that’s not true, M is going to reupholster my bar seats for me, and I think we’re going to try to find a decal design for my dining room somewhere.  
    Sunday, I’m going to go grocery shopping and put only healthy snacks into my house. Monday starts Mission: Eat Healthy. Also known as Mission: impossible. 

• Options
    Same, I'm drained today too. I'm going to spend the afternoon watching training videos. We have some required diversity training that's apparently causing a bit of a kurflufel, so I want to watch it just to see what all the drama is about. But also, it's a good way to avoid doing hard work. 

No weekend plans for me either. I'm going to put away most of the coats and winter stuff. It's not 100% spring, but we'll be fine with hoodies from here. Otherwise, I'm hoping to catch up on sleep and go for a hike. Maybe the outdoor brewery on Sunday. 
  • Options
    @MyNameIsNot thank you! I can absolutely also spend my afternoon watching training videos. Perfect plan for the day. 
  • Options
    Has anyone purchased winter gear from H&M?
    BK is gonna need a coat next year and I'm just pricing around.

Also they have cute a.f hats
  • Options
    mrsconn23mrsconn23 member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited March 2021
    We grey washed our fireplace last night.  It took 3 hours and was pretty tiring, but it looks great!  On to finishing painting and then ripping up the floors.  It's getting really real.  Eeee! 

That's the weekend though, home improvement.   I am happy this is clicking along so well, and keeping my fingers crossed it continues this way.  I need my house back in order, LOL. 
  • Options
    The snow in our yard is about 95% gone!  We had about 3 feet 2 weeks ago.  We've also had 3 no tears dropoffs in a row with the little man - he has started walking in the room himself and then waving bye bye :)  So sweet.  

H and I have an appointment at a plumbing supply showroom today to look at fixtures for our bathrooms and next week we have one at the the counter/shower/vanity place.  Very excited to get the ball rolling with the bathroom fixes even if this will be a very expensive week.  

Planning on lots of outside time this weekend and chipping away at some painting/organizing projects in the house.   
  • Options
    @mrsconn23 I would love to see progress pics.
    @STARMOON44 sending energizing vibes. Hang in there, you can do it.
    @MissKittyDanger hope your headache feels better
    @MyNameIsNot did Georgia improve their brewery laws about selling beer? I think when we lived there they were allowed to sell it at the brewery, either to drink or package? I may be wrong, I just remember it being stupid.

I was hoping to hear more out of the Qanon folx after March 4th, the day Trump was to appear as the true president, but the have all been disappointingly quiet.

I am thinking of using a travel agent to book my trip to the states this summer. I know I need to start looking at some of this stuff but I just can't be bothered, it seems like a PITA with all the covid restrictions and guidelines. I just want someone to do it for me.

DH bought a new blender and has been non stop making smoothies, sobert, slushies, milkshakes, ect for the last 3 days. He has gone through 1.5 watermelons so far, lol.
  • Options
    @MissKittyDanger, I hope you start feeling better and your headache subsides!

@MyNameIsNot, watching training videos sounds especially terrible when you already feel drained!  Though at least it is an alternative to hard work, lol.

My H has a phone interview today.  He had an in-person interview with a different company two weeks ago.  They said they would be making decisions in two weeks sooooo...hopefully we'll be hearing something today or Monday?  I'm still trying not to pin my hopes on anything, but it's hard.  

The discussion with my neighbor about buying her house went even better than I thought!  This was the odd situation where we would own the house, but she would live there rent free during her lifetime (which unfortunately may not be more than another 1-2 years).  Originally she'd said she wouldn't want renters in the upstairs unit.  But last night she said she would be fine with that, as long as they aren't loud.  We'd need to totally renovate the upstairs first, which she also didn't have an issue with, but it's nice to know the renting option is available once that work gets done.  Alas, the upstairs reno is going to take a LONG time because we will need to self-fund it, at this point.

I also found out that she isn't necessarily tied to staying in that house, just a place to live rent-free in the same neighborhood.  In fact, she said her dream was to move into the other side of our double because she likes the layout better, though she certainly wasn't expecting that.  Interesting!  That opens up a whole range of other possibilities.  But we LOVE our current tenant who lives there and he's long term.  So, not an option I want to exercise at this time.  But it's nice to know if he leaves and/or we want to speed up this flip, that she'd actually like moving next door.

She agreed to do the purchase half cash and owner financing for half, with monthly mortgage payments to her.  I wouldn't be able to get a conventional loan because of the poor condition of the house.  That would pay the rest of the loan off for her in just a few years and give her a nest egg she's happy with right now.  Plus, after closing, paying the property insurance/taxes will be our responsibility, so it is less bills for her also

I'm going to contact my real estate attorney today to get the Purchase Agreement drawn up.  Normally, my agent or myself just uses the State of Louisiana PA template.  But with all of these special clauses about owner financing and lifetime residency, we need professional help for that!     
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    @short+sassy what kind of job is he interviewing for? That's great that the house deal is coming together as well and that you might even get to move to the rental aspect sooner than you thought. 
  • Options
    @missJeanLouise, Yes, they updated all of those a few years ago, maybe 2017? It's made a huge difference. It used to be that they couldn't sell beer to drink, but they could sell tours and offer samples of up to like 2 pints for free with the paid tour. Now they can act like bars and just sell pints, but can also sell crowlers and 6-packs. It's totally changed the scene. They mostly have outdoor seating, allow dogs and have food trucks, so it fits me perfectly.  
  • Options
    Looks great @mrsconn23!
    yeah @short+sassy, I can see wanting to use a pro for all those alterations. Congrats on the deal though!

• Options
    I've awakened with headaches the last two mornings. Ugh! They get better as the day goes on but still kind of hang around a bit. I also haven't slept super well the last two nights. 

Got my first Covid vaccine to day. It was the Pfizer one, so I go back in 3 weeks. I'm excited to have it done before the baby arrives (at least I hope so).

This weekend is DS2's birthday. He is coming home tonight. DD and family were going to come home, but she had a doctor's appointment on Wednesday and he said no. Apparently he sees what could be signs of early labor, so he understandably wants her to stay at home. Believe me, I totally get it, but we are all disappointed. The twins were excited to celebrate uncle's birthday (I mean cake right?). They really don't have a concept of time yet so I'm not sure how DD is handling it. They knew they were coming to our house but figure they won't realize it was going to be this weekend. 

I'm making 4 cheese mac-n-cheese to have with burgers tonight. Tomorrow we are doing carry-out from our fave Mexican place (DS2's request).
  • Options
    kvruns said:
    @short+sassy what kind of job is he interviewing for? That's great that the house deal is coming together as well and that you might even get to move to the rental aspect sooner than you thought. 
    I don't know much about this one, lol.  He's an IT guy and this is a big technology company that opened their headquarters here 2-3 years ago.  We are NOT a "tech city" by any stretch of the imagination and this is the only company like that here.

He actually sent his resume to them a few months before they opened, so a few years ago.  I asked him if they'd had a recent opening and if he'd applied again.  Surprisingly, he said no.  He e-mailed them a blind feeler with his updated resume.  They called him to set up a phone interview!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Headache doing better but I was checking weather so I think because we likely have a warm front coming, it might be slight pressure :\ 
  • Options
    Just snagged a last minute slot at the Korean day spa for tmrw! The saunas aren’t open but all the outdoor pools are and I love a hot tub when it’s freezing outside. 
  • Options
    Sounds devine @STARMOON44.  I hope you enjoy it! I just want to convince M to go to a hotel with a jetted tub. I can spend all day in those!

• Options
    Not much going on this weekend. I saw a house come on the market that minus the insane color pallet I seriously love it!. But my H vetod due to a small yard. BOO! Lol I have to share how crazy this house is.

• Options
    Wow @Jstump2! That is like a serious throw back to the '60s and 70's. I can normally see past paint and wallpaper but I think that would scare me away!

• Options
    Haha It is a LOT that for sure! I can seriously see the potential though, it could be really beautiful.
  • Options
    A quiet weekend coming after lots of work this week. Will be nice!

• Options
    Chip and Joanna can help that one, @Jstump2! That is a lot for the eye to take lol

• Options
    I love it @Jstump2! That curved staircase along would do it for me.
  • Options
    Some days you just feel a bit blergh! And even though you only have one task to do it seems like the largest task ever! I feel you!

• Options
    Jstump2 said:
    Not much going on this weekend. I saw a house come on the market that minus the insane color pallet I seriously love it!. But my H vetod due to a small yard. BOO! Lol I have to share how crazy this house is.

I see your vision!  That is a fantastic sized room, even with all the orange carpet.  Speaking of carpet, is that grass green colored carpet I see peeking out from the next room (looking through the area under the stairway), lol?

As wall paper goes, that isn't too bad against the staircase wall.  I've occasionally seen houses that have a busy wallpaper pattern in every room.  And usually a different one, lol.

Sorry to hear the yard was too small for your H.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    @short+sassy Indeed it was! Lol there was also some more intersting wallpaper choices. I just looked again and it is showing pending now.