Wedding Woes
Options

Fun Friday

Was going to post “Fri-yay”, but my kids’ school calls it Fun Friday and now I’m saying that too. My siblings and I are gathering at my parents’ house for a visit tomorrow.  Sunday is supposed to be very rainy which will be the perfect “stay inside and do nothing” weather.  Wishing everyone a happy weekend!

Re: Fun Friday

• Options
    Sounds like a fun weekend @ei34 We had a rainy weekend I think 2 weeks ago and spent a lot of time being lazy and watching movies. It was nice although I did feel a bit guilty at being so lazy. But got over it quickly haha.

Nothing much here, heading for a grocery pickup order and I think I'll stop at Dollar Tree on the way and get Mother's day cards. I hate paying a lot for cards so DT is my go-to and I usually stock up on generic birthday cards too just to make sure I have some on hand. I live a pretty exciting life!
  • Options
    I'm glad it's Friday, but the weekend is busy. 

Tonight, I'm debating on going to the store to get it out of the way.  DH did offer to go with me tomorrow when I get off work, but I always spend more money when those two are with me (they don't stick to the list!).

I work tomorrow.  It's supposed to be rainy.  I hope DH cleans out our storage room.  You can't get past the door because DH put so much shit in there when we were renovating. We need to just get it over with so we can utilize it again. 

Sunday, DH and DefConn are hiking with the scouts.  I have a shower to attend with my sisters.  I hope the dress I ordered comes by tomorrow and it works.  It's super cute and has pockets!.  If it doesn't, I have other options.  But I have shoes I bought last year that I never wore anywhere (thanks COVID) that will go perfect with it.  

• Options
    I have had terrible allergies all week and I feel like my face is going to swell shut. Maybe a little dramatic but it’s so itchy and puffy. I went back to sleep yesterday morning because I couldn’t deal and I’m trying to tough it out today. 

No real plans for the weekend. Hoping to nap a bit and a long run. 
  • Options
    I keep cards from my grandparents -  not sure why exactly although someday I want to turn their signature into some sort of decoration. I keep meaning to have my grandma write something like "we love you B" that I can then turn into a decoration sometime
  • Options
    We are now a house with kids who are in activities.  Plural.  Chiquita is going to be a TREE in the Wizard of Oz.

I now look forward to a scrimmage at 8:30 tomorrow morning for soccer and music practice Sunday.

My sideboard won't be here today so I have more days of crap of the kitchen floor.  

I am READY for spring.  This snow can stop.
  • Options
    short+sassyshort+sassy member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited April 2021
    I have a gas station audit to do after work.  Then errands: the bank and Walmart to pick up prescriptions.  Maybe Sam's Club also, but I might do that on Sat. instead.  I'm really annoyed about Walmart.  I went there on Wed. to pick up my prescriptions and a few groceries.  But, as Murphy's Law would have it, I had another brief errand to run before that (unusual for me on a weekday), and I got to the pharmacy 7 minutes after it closed!  I ALWAYS FORGET how different their hours are from the regular store.  So, special trip it is (sigh).

The weather is going to be bad tonight and tomorrow, so I'll probably lay low and have another relaxing weekend.

My H got his second vaccine shot yesterday.  He almost immediately started feeling bad and was feeling rough this morning also.  Not as bad as it could be.  He doesn't have a fever or chills.  But he's been feeling nauseous since yesterday.

Edited to add:  I'm finishing my studying for my life insurance/health insurance exam today.  I have two more chapters left, ie 86% done.  Though I'm mad at myself at how much I procrastinated.  The online study course I paid for...and it's required to sit for the exam...is only 60 days.  My goal was to get it done in 30 days.  But, here we are...Monday is my last day, lol.  I pushed it into high gear this week.  I shocked myself and scored 100% on the health insurance practice exam, so at least there is that!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    @short+sassy do you have to get your license for work or is this a personal thing?  Most of my office has their license but they've never made me get it, honestly I think people probably assume I have it. 

@ILoveBeachMusic what a rough trip home. Was the spare OK for the drive home?  Glad you got to have a nice in person book club, good for the soul
  • Options
    Oh no @ILoveBeachMusic.  I'm glad you made it home safe.  I've had some nightmare trips on the Indy-Chicago route (both ways).  Because it's only 3 hours when things go smoothly, any delay makes it seem like for-ev-er.  
  • Options
    kvruns said:
    Sounds like a fun weekend @ei34 We had a rainy weekend I think 2 weeks ago and spent a lot of time being lazy and watching movies. It was nice although I did feel a bit guilty at being so lazy. But got over it quickly haha.

Nothing much here, heading for a grocery pickup order and I think I'll stop at Dollar Tree on the way and get Mother's day cards. I hate paying a lot for cards so DT is my go-to and I usually stock up on generic birthday cards too just to make sure I have some on hand. I live a pretty exciting life!
    I do the same!  Their cards are just as good as the fancy ones.

• Options
    My bathroom will not be ready to use until Tuesday, so no showers for me for a bit.  I washed my hair in the kitchen sink last night.  I can't remember the last time I did that - it was a bit of an experience!  

It's been a nice Friday at work so far.  No weekend plans really.  I'm going to take advantage of the baseboards being off in my bathroom and paint them.  I painted my shed last weekend.  We need to repaint my bathroom now, and I am debating colours to paint it.  It is currently a dark blue/gray.  I think it is too dark, so we might go light gray instead.

• Options
    kerbohl said:
    kvruns said:

yep, the ones I got today were all Hallmark and marked around $3.60-4 each. I think in the past they had American Greetings. I mean let's be real I don't check the brand or price on cards anyway so it doesn't matter but they are nice.
  • Options
    kerbohl said:
    kvruns said:

I always look at the $1 section for cards before getting something that's more $$.  However, cards are kind of a competitive sport in my family.   We all try to find the funniest, most-fitting-for-the-person one (especially for bdays or holidays like mother's and father's day). 

Trader Joe's also has great cards and they're all $.99.  
  • Options
    mrsconn23 said:
    kerbohl said:
    kvruns said:

I always look at the $1 section for cards before getting something that's more $$.  However, cards are kind of a competitive sport in my family.   We all try to find the funniest, most-fitting-for-the-person one (especially for bdays or holidays like mother's and father's day). 

Trader Joe's also has great cards and they're all $.99.  
    Trader Joes cards are my favorite!
  • Options
    kvruns said:
    @short+sassy do you have to get your license for work or is this a personal thing?  Most of my office has their license but they've never made me get it, honestly I think people probably assume I have it. 

@ILoveBeachMusic what a rough trip home. Was the spare OK for the drive home?  Glad you got to have a nice in person book club, good for the soul
    No, not at all for work!  I work in the procurement department of an engineering firm.

I've thought about doing life insurance sales as a p/t gig for years.  But what finally motivated me to take action is one of my friends just started selling life insurance a few months ago...no experience in sales before then...and I am stunned at how much money he is already making.  About $2K/week is his usual.  Though he puts in a lot of hours...though probably not more then f/t...and works it.

Life insurance sales have soared during the pandemic.  Because of the pandemic, another bonus is that meetings with potential customers are done virtually now.  Whereas before, it was always done in person.  That was actually the biggest piece that kept me from doing it previously.  I would never want to start a commission-only job with no back-up f/t job.  But then it was hard to picture working a full day at work.  Then leaving work to go drive to 1-2 appointments.  And driving out to appointments on the weekend.  But if I don't have the extra time and hassle of driving, conducting appointments virtually is much more do-able!

Technically, the agency he works for...and I'd be under him and his team once I get my license...also sells health insurance.  So, hence, I need to get that license also.  Though there is a state test that combines life and health.

The other cool thing I've discovered is, once you are licensed to sell life insurance in one state, you can get your license in any other state by just paying the fee.  He lives in AL nowadays, though he previously lived near me.  But he has a license in a bunch of states and targets HCOL areas, with the type of policy that pays off a mortgage if one of the owners die.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Oh no @ILoveBeachMusic, glad he was able to chnage it.  I don’t know how to change it, so I’m the person waiting hours for AAA.

@short+sassy, sammsies.  I’m last minute on everything. ‘Cept my divorce.  Lol.  I had that paperwork going day 1!  

I’ll have to give trader joe’s a try.

• Options
    @short+sassy I was trying to figure out how it would translate to your work LOL but then I was like ok maybe I've mixed some things up. 
  • Options
    VENT: I have an application I *need* to do my job effectively that's not working.  I think something got messed up in the settings and someone needs to remote in and just reset the damn thing.   I had one person remote in, give up, and pass the ticket along.  Now I have some system admin asking me 500 questions.  But he can't help me fix it either.  I asked him to have the ticket reassigned to applications or the friggin' desktop team so they can remote in and effing fix this.  I swear I hate dealing with IT people because they are so freaking siloed that they can't look outside their stupid tech box.  I feel like this has been a giant waste of time and frustration.  Ugghhhh. 
  • Options
    I’m a fan of TJ cards too!

Back at work and irritated about it. Mostly because other people don’t do their job and we’re left picking up the slack for the rest of the clinics. I cannot take a third day in a row of this. Which it’s really been weeks in a row, but this week has been particularly bad. 

I woke up early and got my elliptical workout done so I can relax during lunch and get ready for dinner. I have to stay to close down the clinic today. I was originally trying to leave early but that didn’t work out. So the soonest I can leave will be five. This week made me earn my three day weekend. 

I hope everyone has a good weekend!

Hope the second shot goes okay! @CharmedPam

I’m glad you made it home safe! @ILoveBeachMusic  

• Options
    Yay Friday, but this weekend will be busy for me too. Tonight I'm going to do the yard because we didn't do it last weekend and rain is supposed to start overnight. My grass is starting to look like wilderness has taken over after 2 weeks. Tomorrow I'm working during the day, then hoping to go to a soccer game tomorrow night. Sunday work a little more and my parents are coming for dinner. I'm hoping rain will be cleared out enough to grill Sunday evening. 

I'm hoping H will finish the garage sink project tomorrow. He said he would, but so far I don't see any of the supplies he needs. 
  • Options
    @Casadena that sounds tough but I hope it's a good transition for her since she is familiar with the place and has friends there. 
  • Options
    @charmedpam, if I had been alone, I would've called AAA for sure. The toll road assistance guy said if we ever needed help again to dial *999. Good to know. He was very nice. @kvruns yes in person book club was good for the soul. Do you go to the Dollar Tree on 96th St?

• Options
    Good luck to you Mom and Gma @casadena! Sounds like the right, but tough, decision. 
  • Options
    @charlotte989875 Good luck!  Can H recommend you so you at least get interviewed, or is that not allowed?

• Options
    kerbohl said:
    @charlotte989875 Good luck!  Can H recommend you so you at least get interviewed, or is that not allowed?
    He can’t but his manager can!