Wedding Woes
Options

A new Prudie day is dawning!!

2»

Re: A new Prudie day is dawning!!

• Options
    Yay @Jstump2!  Glad to hear it!  I do this all on my Phone too, since we had a internet usage scare a few years ago.  You get used to it. 

• Options
    Jstump2Jstump2 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    I do need to vent about something since I don't have my normal work confidants yet. We had some family drama come up yesterday. My H's grandpa is a real piece of work and we haven't talked to him in a few years. Last time we saw him was at H's aunt's funeral 2 years ago when my girls were 3 and 1, otherwise we have had no contact. Well MIL got wind that her mom was in the hospital and against her better judgement called her dad to see how she was. Well apparently he said some nasty things among which that the wrong daughter of his died and my kids are "brats*. I am feeling so momma bear about it. He doesn't even know my kids so I know he was just saying it to be a jerk but I am so damn pissed of that he would stoop so low. Just further cemented me keeping my kids far away.

• Options
    mrsconn23 said:

However, I'm leaving for OBX on the 5th I cannot wait! My first real vacation since Feb 2020. 
    JEALOUS!  I love, love, LOVE OBX.  What part of the area are you staying? 

We're staying in Avon. I like being further out on the island. I'm so excited! I haven't been to OBX in 11 years. 
  • Options
    Jstump2 said:
    I do need to vent about something since I don't have my normal work confidants yet. We had some family drama come up yesterday. My H's grandpa is a real piece of work and we haven't talked to him in a few years. Last time we saw him was at H's aunt's funeral 2 years ago when my girls were 3 and 1, otherwise we have had no contact. Well MIL got wind that her mom was in the hospital and against her better judgement called her dad to see how she was. Well apparently he said some nasty things among which that the wrong daughter of his died and my kids are "brats*. I am feeling so momma bear about it. He doesn't even know my kids so I know he was just saying it to be a jerk but I am so damn pissed of that he would stoop so low. Just further cemented me keeping my kids far away.

That’s terrible! 

But also why would MIL tell you what he said?!
  • Options
    mrsconn23 said:

However, I'm leaving for OBX on the 5th I cannot wait! My first real vacation since Feb 2020. 

We're staying in Avon. I like being further out on the island. I'm so excited! I haven't been to OBX in 11 years. 
    We stayed in Corolla.   Loved that area, but I'll never check-in on a Saturday again (traffic on the way in was such a nightmare).  Have fun!!!  
  • Options
    mrsconn23 said:

That’s awesome!! We’ve been to OBX a few times with Hs family. They just booked a house for next summer too! We typically go to Corolla Light. 
  • Options
    Jstump2Jstump2 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    @charlotte989875 yeah she is the type of person who has no filter and she vents way too much to H.  I told him he needs to gently guide her towards therapy so she can have a more constructive place to talk. I think she puts too much on my H sometimes
  • Options
    Jstump2 said:
    Wow!  I can see why you all, and sounds like your MIL also (usually), avoid this toxic person.  I hope your MIL is doing okay.  I'm sure it was very upsetting and hurtful to hear something like that, even though she knows the kind of person her dad is.

Other than that, I'm glad to hear the new job is going well!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    mrsconn23 said:
    mrsconn23 said:

We stayed in Corolla.   Loved that area, but I'll never check-in on a Saturday again (traffic on the way in was such a nightmare).  Have fun!!!  
    Oh yeah, I made that mistake years ago too. Which is why we're leaving at 1am Saturday. 

Our house is right near the Froggy Dog too, which I'm super excited about..haha. 
  • Options
    I'm excited about the weekend weather too. It's supposed to rain tomorrow, but then be high 70s and sunny for the rest of the weekend. Compared to the 90s and humid it's been all week, it's going to be awesome. We were supposed to go river tubing Sunday, but I guess that will get swapped for a hike, because that water is cold.

I'm jealous of all the four day weekends, but also leaving for the beach on 6/5, so I'll survive. 

@Jstump2, glad the new job is going well. I hope you get a break to tell us all about it soon!
  • Options
    kvrunskvruns member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    Happy Birthday BK!!  ANd if they recommend speech therapy, take it! At least here it can be free and everyone I know says that it is worth a try, likely no downside to it

Glad the job is going well @Jstump2 I have forgotten about the "how much non-work related internet can I use" conundrum at a new job 

@CharmedPam I'm glad you and M had fun!
  • Options
    kvrunskvruns member
    Anyone have an Ikea dresser you like? I went looking for B today, I'd looked online a bit but so many things are out of stock it's tough. I dont want to spend a ton because I don't plan on it lasting forever but I also don't want to have to replace a lot. 

I'm thinking one of these, so if you have any opinions I'm all ears:

Malm 3 drawer (6 seemed too big) https://www.ikea.com/us/en/p/malm-3-drawer-chest-white-90473151/

Kullen 6 drawer https://www.ikea.com/us/en/p/kullen-6-drawer-dresser-black-brown-40484784/ 

Songesand (this was my favorite look tho I think it was out of stock) https://www.ikea.com/us/en/p/songesand-3-drawer-chest-white-30366837/

Koppang 6 drawer might be too wide though (same width as the malm 6 drawer) https://www.ikea.com/us/en/p/koppang-6-drawer-dresser-black-brown-30311307/

Hauga https://www.ikea.com/us/en/p/hauga-6-drawer-dresser-white-00407306/  slightly less wide
  • Options
    Jstump2 said:
    Oh jeez :( 
    1 - your poor MIL hearing that. Hopefully she is doing okay after that
    2 - I would raise hackles if someone said that about BK, but sounds like he's just saying nasty things just to be nasty
    3 - hopefully your MIL was able to find out about her mother :\ 
  • Options
    kvrunskvruns member
    wtf on the grandpa @Jstump2 that's ridiculous. And by saying "the wrong daughter died" was he saying he wished your MIL had died?!?!

I sure hope he has dementia or something that has restricted his filter and has him spewing nonsense
  • Options
    @kvruns I had an Ikea dresser years ago - not anyone of the ones you posted. I think it was the Henmes 6 drawer. Anyway, it held up well for about a year or so, and then the drawers started falling apart. Very annoying. 
  • Options
    @kvruns we have the Malm 4 drawer and love it.  It's lasted 11 years and 6+moves so far and still going strong - currently in new baby's room.  We also have a 6 drawer dresser that looks identical to the Kullen (although not totally sure it's from Ikea, the previous homeowners left it) and that's in G's room.  

I also prefer the look of the Songesand or one with handles, but I love that G has not yet figured out how/not strong enough yet to open his drawers since they don't have handles. 

We have both secured to the wall. 
  • Options
    @kvruns we have this
    MALM 6-drawer chest, black-brown, 311/2x483/8" (80x123 cm) - IKEA

But it's split between M & I

I know for this size, there is a requirement of a safety attachment because kids were climbing it and the dresser fell.
    Regardless which one you get, look into the wall attachment just in case.
  • Options
    kvrunskvruns member
    @kvruns I had an Ikea dresser years ago - not anyone of the ones you posted. I think it was the Henmes 6 drawer. Anyway, it held up well for about a year or so, and then the drawers started falling apart. Very annoying. 
    that stinks! I like the look of the Hemnes ones but I want something cheaper. I have a hemnes sofa table that I like although it scratched easily
  • Options
    kvrunskvruns member
    @casadena the only thing I didn't like was it seemed like the drawers didn't pull out as far as I'm used to with other dressers. Can't decide if I'm imagining it or not.  I'm not sold on the lack of handles/pulls with the Malm/Kullen that is my only hold up on that one because the price was certainly right
  • Options
    kvruns said:
    @casadena the only thing I didn't like was it seemed like the drawers didn't pull out as far as I'm used to with other dressers. Can't decide if I'm imagining it or not.  I'm not sold on the lack of handles/pulls with the Malm/Kullen that is my only hold up on that one because the price was certainly right
    The no handles don't bug me at all because the tops of the drawers are slanted a bit and make it really easy.  I also haven't noticed that the drawers come out any less than any other dresser we have that's not from Ikea, so my guess is that you're imagining?  but also hard to say since I don't know what you're used to!
  • Options
    @kvruns, I had a pair of 3 drawer Malms for a while. They were originally SIL's when she lived with us for about a year, and then became extra storage in the guest room until H decided to "hack" them into file cabinets. They were decent enough until H started sawing. Nothing amazing, but sturdy and I'd think fine for a kid's room. 
  • Options
    kerbohlkerbohl member
    My sister sent us this today (my home province).  Will I ever get to see my neices?!?

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/05/26/world/the-worst-covid-hot-spot-in-north-america-now-is-manitoba-canada.html
    I saw that too!  I hope they get it under control.

• Options
    kerbohlkerbohl member
    I'd envy you all your long weekend, but we did just have ours up here.... I wouldn't mind two long weekends in a row though!