Wedding Vows & Ceremony Discussions
Options

Out of State Dillema

Ok, I got engaged and now I am having issues. I live in North Carolina and I am trying to plan a wedding that will be in Texas. I have my ceremony hall, some wedding ideas, I am planning a dress that my amazing aunt will be making but from here... I'm not sure what else I should be doing and I am having a little motivational problem with planning because i am not sure what else I should be doing.

If anyone has any ideas or helpful pointers that would be great. I know this page is filled with ideas but I just need tips on where to start! =)

Any advice would be great. Thank you all =)

Re: Out of State Dillema

• Options
    The checklist on this site is a good place to start.  It helped to keep me on track.
    This is a neglected planning bio.
    This is a belated married bio, with no reviews yet because I'm lazy.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
  • Options
    Yep, use the Knot Checklist.  It really helps with letting you know what you should be doing when and keeping you on track.

Also, check out the local board for Texas for ideas and information about local vendors in that area.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Both previous recommendations are great. I'm also in NC, but I'm planning a wedding in Rhode Island.

If you can (I know times are tough), plan a couple wedding planning trips for between now and the wedding. And make sure you use your time! If you're going for a week, schedule at least one appointment per day for at least 5 of the 7 days. This way, you can get things done and make the most of the whole time you're there. Also, call/email about 3+ weeks ahead of your trip to schedule appointments and give them the exact window you'll be in town. Every time I've been to RI to plan my wedding, I did that and explained that I'm living out of state, and the vendors were all wonderful about getting time during that window for me.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Oh yeah, definitely use your local board.  My local board actually has a list of preferred vendors, and I booked pretty much entirely from that.  Because of the way we set things up, the only real "vendor" we had to work with was the caterer, but we were able to take care of pretty much everything via phone and email.
    This is a neglected planning bio.
    This is a belated married bio, with no reviews yet because I'm lazy.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
  • Options
    My first wedding I planned from Boston, and it was in the UK. Definitely plan to make a couple of planning trips. Check out the checklist and check in with your local board to know the best places to go to when you're looking for vendors.

You'll be fine- I had a 5 hour time change and most of my vendors had no internet (little village in the UK), and it worked out just fine- you'll be fine, and it'll be great!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards