Texas-Houston

Getting Bonus items from Macy's Registry

I posted this in the registy board, but I think you ladies are probably more saavy on this, as we are big town gals.We are recently married and have most of our gifts selected from the registry but am now learning of bonus items from stuff already bought by our guests.I have two promotions for items on my registry: Fiestaware: buy one get one free, and Oneida place setting flatware: buy two get one free, plus get the storage chest.How can you take advantage of these promotions if people have already purchased them for you?I called Macy's wedding channel, and they said I could return the items to the Macy's store, and then repurchase them with the promotion. I called the local Macy's store and they said no- once they are purchased, you no longer qualify for the promotion. Our request for 12 has been completed, so if we returned the items, could we still buy 6 back and get the other 6 for free.The Macy's wedding channel said that we'd have to buy the Oneida online in order to get the buy 2 get 1 free promo and get the storage box. So can I return the 10 items that we physically have, and the repurchase 8 online to get the bonus 4 and the box? The local Macy's store says no, but I don't know how they would all figure this out. One something is returned from the registry, does the "items purchased" get adjusted on your registry?Can you buy more of the items on your registry and still get the 10% off completion discount?

Re: Getting Bonus items from Macy's Registry

• amymarchesanoamymarchesano member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yes I was given a hard time about this which is silly because we are allowed to return anything at any time . And a family member could buy you something at any time...
  • stdsxk13stdsxk13 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have  question about their gifts with registry? When do you recieve those items before or after your wedding date?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards