Texas-Houston

good & bad

CHECK- i found some stuff for my FG gifts in the $1 section at target- cute pencils, notepads, hello kitty activity books, lip gloss- girly stuff like that. BAD NEWS....my dress doesnt fit. Eeek! Ive gained about 8-10 lbs since I bought it...which is good, i needed to gain a little weight, but now my dress will only zip if i dont wear a bra and if i hold my breath. Looks like I need to strap on my running shoes and get to work.
BFP 3.28.12
missed m/c @ 9w5d, baby measured 8w1d, no h/b
D&C 5.23.12
heartbroken

Re: good & bad

• ayersfam20ayersfam20 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yay for finding good stuff!If you think you look better with the extra weight you gained then why not let the dress out a little?  Also have cups sewn in and go braless.  I actually took out the cups b/c they squished me too much and it was fine. 
    Abbie Rose 9.26.2004
    Collin Thayne 10.11.2010
  • STBMrsMartinSTBMrsMartin member
    Combo Breaker First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    lol. I was like you. Mine was super tight too. I couldn't even sit down. I would just fall back on a a chair. Because of the stress I loss a bunch of weight before the wedding. I thought it wasn't going to fit, but it actually was just right. I could sit down. Target has awesome stuff!
    Photobucket
    Our little miracle, Jett.
    Planning Bio,
    My Blog
  • edited December 2011
    I got some FG stuff at Target too and it sounds like we got the same stuff! :) I went nuts in there..haha. Sorry about the dress, but if you have some time you will be fine! :)
  • TaylorCristenTaylorCristen member
    edited December 2011
    Yeah I really like myself w/ the added weight, I feel like I look better. I'll prob wait til a month or two before the wedding to do anything about altering my dress....I'll either have lost a few pounds and it will fit fine- or ill have gained a few pounds and ill get it let out.
    BFP 3.28.12
    D&C 5.23.12
    heartbroken
  • FutureMrsDangFutureMrsDang member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    About your dress...I would wait until its a little closer to your wedding date to do any alterations.  About 3 weeks before the wedding I had to get my dress taken in about 2 more inches due to stress.
  • STBMrsMartinSTBMrsMartin member
    Combo Breaker First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Ditto to Dang's post. Alot can happen the last 2 weeks. That's when I dropped most of my wait also.
    Photobucket
    Our little miracle, Jett.
    Planning Bio,
    My Blog
  • TaylorCristenTaylorCristen member
    edited December 2011
    dang...3 weeks before the wedding sounds good...can most places can take in/let out a dress in that time span??
    BFP 3.28.12
    D&C 5.23.12
    heartbroken
  • FutureMrsDangFutureMrsDang member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I took my about a month and half to my tailor and she did all the other stuff like hem bustle cups, etc.  But waited until about 3 weeks to do the waist.  She finished taking it in in about a week.  If I did mine early the dress would have been loose on me.
  • ayersfam20ayersfam20 member
    edited December 2011
    Yeah, I totally forgot about that.  I had mine taken in on Wednesday before my wedding b/c it got so loose.  I didn't think I had lost any weight, but apparently I had. 
    Abbie Rose 9.26.2004
    Collin Thayne 10.11.2010
  • edited December 2011
    also try Diurex, they sell that at Walmart. Thay get the water weight off which may help a little. It's only temporary though.
  • edited December 2011
    we drop weight the last 2 weeks before the wedding? YES!!and I agree with going braless and having cups sewn in. that's what my sister did, and what I'm doing.

Glenna Harding Photography
  • edited December 2011
  • hoopsgirlhoopsgirl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    you have time.  i wouldnt worry about it either til the date gets closer.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards