Texas-Houston

Round..or long?

Okay, so the place we're having our reception [Regal Ranch] it's like a big country dancehall inside..sort of. They have a really cool bar and soda machines on each side and stuff. It's really dark wood everywhere. Anyway, the place only has long tables. Well, at first I said NO NO, I want round. I looked into renting the round..(I would need chair covers, or rent the white little folding chairs -- most places they're the same price.) But between renting tables, chairs or covers, and linens - that get's expensive. I'm wanting to keep this part as CHEAP as possible. Well, I saw pictures somewhere of BEAUTIFUL long tables. They just got pretty tablecloths. I saw a few with gorgeous candles allllll the way down in the middle of the table just tons of candles. My question is - what would you guys do? I'm not I HAVE TO HAVE ROUND TABLES or anything like that. Do you think I could just keep the long and make it look really nice and elegant? I'm obviously not THAT traditional since it looks like it's in a big Texas dancehall. I want my personality in all of this - but I want it to look super nice and classy. 
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Round..or long?

• shelly0921shelly0921 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Long tables are beautiful... but I'm a little bias.  I think you should do the long tables.  Do they have chairs or are they benches?  I am just trying to imagine a dance hall and I would guess they are benches.  In that case I would rent chairs.  I have some pics on my bio of the long table.  I think Janie2002 has some as well.  If renting rounds is going to cost you extra $$, just stick with what they have!
  • edited December 2011
    I would have to rent chairs. They have some..but they're just the brown folding very not pretty ones. I'll be honest - I didn't like long until I actually started looking at pictures and I was blown away. I also like that they're not your typical wedding seating..
  • edited December 2011
    we did a mix of long (rectangular), square and round tables. I thought the mix made it look more modern. I love the look of long tables but I also liked rounds...if you can, you could just mix if up a bit.
    My Fashion & Beauty Blog: www.veronikasblushing.com
  • shelly0921shelly0921 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Would you have to do all long tables or could you do some square ones to mix it up?  If they have 6ft Tables you can put 3 together side by side to make a smaller rectangle and then do your very long table as well. 
  • hoopsgirlhoopsgirl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i like the look of long tables as well.  if you want to keep the price down work with what you have.
  • nchschic05nchschic05 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I say go with Long! I like the look better also.
  • edited December 2011
    Long tables are beautiful.  I would stick with those.
  • edited December 2011
    I like the look too. my sister did this for her wedding, and I loved it. I would actually prefer to have long tables at mine, but the space doesn't really allow for it (the tables will be on a deck around a house).

Glenna Harding Photography
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks guys! I have yall for backing me up even though my family is like meeeeeh long. Now I will be needing advice for centerpieces soon. :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards