Texas-Houston

Alterations in College Station

My sister is MOH for a friend in College Station in December, just got her dress, and needs some serious alterations. Originally she was just going to have them done in Dallas where we are from, but doesn't think she's going to make it home enough this semester. Does anyone have any reccomendations for alterations in CS, or in that general area? Or could even point me in the right direction of where to looks- she's asking friends and family, but most people seem to have them done "at home", wherever home is. TIA!
Anniversary

Re: Alterations in College Station

• edited December 2011
    I always go to Bea's Alterations. they're on Harvey Road, in the same shopping center as Plato's Closet. I've only had minor alterations done there, but a friend of mine has had her wedding gown altered by Bea, and was very pleased.

Glenna Harding Photography
  • edited December 2011
    I have to disagree with PP.  I had my alterations done there.  They usually do them in 2 weeks but I gave them 3 because I didn't have the time to pick it up in 2 weeks.  I called the day before to make sure it was ready and they said they didn't know anything about it.  Then when I went to pick it up, it was 5 INCHES too SHORT!  I was furious!!!  At first they were just going to fix it, but I hinted that I should get something in return for the inconvenience and so they're steaming it for me for free.
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks ladies! I will definitly point her in that direction.
    Anniversary
  • kbtoreadorkbtoreador member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I, too, did not have good experiences with Bea's.  I ended up taking my stuff to Silver Thimble Alterations on Texas in Bryan.  I went there a lot, and they always did a great job for me.  I would highly suggest going there.
    Krista Kooks
    imageimageAnniversary image Learning to live gluten-free and doing really good at it! ;)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards