Texas-Houston
Options

DANCE LESSONS?? NEED RECS

Hey!! My fiance really wants us to take dance lessons before the wedding and I DEFINITELY agree that we should... LOL... niether of us have a whole lot of rhythm! Anyone have experience with any instructors or at any studios in Houston-- we live in the Heights, so anything in/around that area would be ideal, but we're mainly interested in going somewhere that we can learn and have a good time, so we'll go wherever that happens to be (within reason) We appreciate any suggestions and recommendations y'all can send our way!! ~Amanda

Re: DANCE LESSONS?? NEED RECS

• Options
    amuelleamuelle member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We went to Enrique at The Dance Place on Chimney Rock.  Email me at amuelle at gmail dot com if you want his number.  We LOVED Enrique and had so much fun.  He ended up coming to our wedding:)  It's so worth it!
  • Options
    txbootsytxbootsy member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    SSQQ! It is great!
    18 Months!! imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    jmo2187jmo2187 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I second SSQQ. We had private lessons with Linda and she was great and never made us feel "slow" for not being quick learners.
  • Options
    erin0709erin0709 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We did the "starter package" at one of the Fred Astaire studios (they are a chain).  We had the same instructor for all of our private lessons, her name was Liz and she was an excellent teacher.  We tailored a "routine" to our first dance song and were so glad we did it.  The lessons were both fun & helpful, but the private lessons were definitely more usefel than the group lessons.  I do not think it would be worth the money to continue lessons with Fred Astaire, but they intro package is reasonable (they hike up the price after that, which is expected).
    imageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards