Texas-Houston

High & Low of 2009

Still trying to keep this board active.  What were your highs and lows of 2009?

High:
Got engaged and married this year

Low:
DH lost his job 1 month before the wedding.  Fortunately, he was able to find a job just recently, so we've been in a depressing financial rut.

Re: High & Low of 2009

• edited December 2011

Highs: my business has really picked up and i've been very blessed with wonderful clients

Lows: horrible fallout with my father, it was the final straw for me to cut him out of my life for good

Planning Bio
    Updated 8/24
    The Planning Blog
    Updated 8/26

• edited December 2011
    High: - well, the wedding of course!!

Low: - nothing in particular really stands out? I had a pretty good year. Sure, there was drama with my mama and stuff for the wedding, and overall family drama as usual - but nothing that really brought me down too much. It was a blessed year.
    Becca & Justin - 5/16/09 - Planning Bio My Blog(updated 3/12)

• STBMrsMartinSTBMrsMartin member
    Combo Breaker First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    High: Getting married! Starting our new business

Low: I guess DH losing his job. My car being a beotch.

2010 will be a better year and a start of a great decade!
    Photobucket
    Our little miracle, Jett.
    Planning Bio,
    My Blog
  • edited December 2011
    Highs - Getting engaged, getting my master's degree, and will & i getting new cars!

Lows - Losing friendships.
  • sweet__peasweet__pea member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    STBMrsMartin:  What business have you started?  How exciting!!!
  • STBMrsMartinSTBMrsMartin member
    Combo Breaker First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Sweet Pea: We started a furniture business aimed for college students. Shallow Pockets Furniture! It is very exciting! Hopefully 2010 will be our break out year.
    Photobucket
    Our little miracle, Jett.
    Planning Bio,
    My Blog
  • edited December 2011

High: Getting engaged and the whirlwind of planning. Making new friends who have quickly become very special to me. Finishing school to become a MA and realizing that I want to build on that.

Low: realizing that I wasted money becoming a Realtor, losing a best friend, and the biggest being my father's health rapidly declining (he's STILL in the hospital).....though I do know he's going to be ok.
  • edited December 2011

Thanks for spicing up the board. Im a newbie and remember this board used to be really active maybe we can start it back up. Okay on to the question :)

High: Getting engaged of course

Low: I have had a pretty good year so no lows for 2009 and not planning any for 2010

Happy New Year Ladies

• sweet__peasweet__pea member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    @ STBMrsMartin:  That sounds like a great concept!  Where are you guys going to be located?  Sounds like fun!

Congrats to the newly engaged!
  • edited December 2011
    Highs: Getting Married, Moving back to Houston, Josh's Job, and we both graduated! It was a big year

Lows: I still haven't found a job, and my grandmothers health is very bad and it's been very hard on many family members (she has severe mental diseases as well as Parkinson's) :(
    Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    So I'm kind of late.

High : DH coming home from Iraq, THE WEDDING, and our honeymoon.

Low: The DH bein in Iraq, all the seperation, the lady I'm named after passing away, and losing friends.
  • edited December 2011
    Highs: Getting engaged and a girlfriend trip to Santorini!

Lows: FI is in real estate so it was just a rough year overall, but I already can tell that 2010 is gonna ROCK!
  • edited December 2011
    Amazing year, but 2010 will be better!

High: Getting engaged and growing my business.

Lows: Family Drama of all sorts. 

Excited for what the future holds, but also a little scared of all the changes. :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards