Texas-Houston
Options

Question about my Date Change

So I am having to change my date because of my mom.

We have decided to do either Feburary 13th or February 20th.

I would prefer the 13th because my dad's birthday is Feb. 19th but I am concerned that prices will be higher than normal since it is the day before Valentine's Day. My fiance thinks that everything will be cheaper because places run Valentine's Day specials.

Do you think I will be safe having my wedding the day before Valentine's Day or do you think there is a risk that we will get the short end of the stick when it comes to pricing?

Thanks for all your help!
And now we are as one
Married February 20, 2011

Re: Question about my Date Change

• Options
    amy40311amy40311 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    IMO, I would go with February 20th because it falls on a 3 day weekend (President's day) which would be easier for folks traveling from out of town/state. Flowers are expensive in general and I'm almost certain most florists raise their prices by 200% so close to Valentine's Day. Because of this I'd almost rather go with the later date, florists will be so busy and preoccupied with the holiday as it is. You wouldn't want your wedding to be affected by it. I would  think florists would be more likely to discount post-holiday. Just my two cents. Good luck!
  • Options
    loop0406loop0406 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would also go with Feb 20th.
    The flowers will be sky-high around valentines day, you will probably get better prices after the holiday. As for the reception, music, transportation, etc the prices probably won't be affected.....
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I agree with above^.

Florists will have major price increases for Valentine's Day and will be busier in general, but that is the only cost I see going up.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I would choose the 20th as well to avoid the V-day price hike.  Also that gets you closer to nicer spring weather (if that is something you want for your wedding).
  • Options
    jobie02jobie02 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    There are a lot of florists who do weddings only and are not open to the public for Valentine flowers.  Just something to keep in mind.

My cousin got married on Feb 13 last year and we had to travel to her wedding so on our Valentine's day, it was spent in airports getting home.

I vote for the 20th!

• Options
    PJS001PJS001 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I decided on the 20th. While on vacation this weekend I found out that this is also the date that my grandparents got married, and they have been together for 56 years. Thank you for all your help!
    And now we are as one
    Married February 20, 2011

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards