Texas-Houston

"Indie" DJ?

I feel like a nerd just saying that, but I'd rather have Modest Mouse and the Yeah Yeah Yeahs played at my reception than the Black Eyed Peas.
Does anyone know a DJ in Houston who specializes in such a thing?

Re: "Indie" DJ?

• PJS001PJS001 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    My husband and I have different tastes in music than most people and we had no problem with our DJ (Johhny Black Productions) accomodating it. We simply told them what kind of music we liked (and gave them some samples of songs that we wanted to hear since it wasn't in their catalog) and everything went fine. I think most DJs will accomodate specific requests, you just have to ask. :)
    And now we are as one
    Married February 20, 2011

• I was actually going to ask this because I don't want just a DJ who will play the songs I request but who knows indie music well enough to maybe play some of the songs I wouldn't think to request but will still be fun. 

But I don't know if that exists, haha.

SaveSave
  • @monkeysip exactly! I have some songs that I have in mind and enjoy, but I want somebody who knows cool dance music and stuff that deviates from the norm, or knows the songs I want well enough to know when they should be played, tempo, mood, etc.

@emmekin I sent an inquiry to scratchweddings. Thanks!
  • We are actually getting a friend to do our music (easy since the wedding's going to be in our backyard which already has a speaker system) because of exactly this. FI and I both like really eclectic, not-so-much-danceable music, and we have a few friends with similar tastes who are better versed in interesting music than we are. Plus, I just wouldn't have felt comfortable with someone standing there with a microphone who I didn't know very well.
  • @sabearts we have a friend who is/was a DJ (even on the radio) so I am hoping that he will be able to do it. That would be ideal!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards