Texas-Houston

Venues in Houston..

Hey everyone! I wanted to see what y'all reccomend for venues in houston for a reception. I have looked at quite a few and like them, but just wanted to see what others thought. on my top list are..
The Gallery
Ashton Gardens
The White House Ranch (friendswood)
I live right outside of houston so I am looking for something not too far away.
Have any of you had any experiances with the above choices? or know of some other one?? Let me know! Smile
xoxo, Jennifer

Re: Venues in Houston..

• edited December 2011
    What side of town are you aiming for?

I have only been to The Gallery of the ones you've mentioned, but you can also check out:

Courtyard at St. James
    The Parador
    Briscoe Manor
    Rockefeller Hall
    The Majestic Metro
    Chateau Polonez
    Fontenot Mansion
    Heights Firestation
  • REB1003REB1003 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am using Ashton Gardens.. Though I am not getting married until next September they have answered anything i've asked and have been helpful the many times (already) I've been up there to test out my DIY things... They can get a little pricey.. depending on the month...

Life as a Cooking Wife!:
    http://cookinbloom.blogspot.com/ Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • jobie02jobie02 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My reception is at The Parador if you have any questions about it...
  • jorgemega10jorgemega10 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My pic would be Ashton Gardens...I went to a beautiful wedding there!
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-houston_venues-houston?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:121Discussion:5d3f4201-d0b0-44f7-b74c-98d9d429b03bPost:0f6536ff-136d-405f-a651-420afe327c1a">Re: Venues in Houston..</a>:
    [QUOTE]My reception is at The Parador if you have any questions about it...
    Posted by jobie02[/QUOTE]
    I have questions about the Parador. Can you please email me: henrei@hotmail.com. Thanks.
  • mksmith5mksmith5 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm getting married at White House Ranch if you have any questions.
  • mksmith5mksmith5 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

White House Ranch allows you to bring in your own alcohol, which is a big saver.  Also, I thought it was really unique, and not your typical ballroom venue.

• REB1003REB1003 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I can give you more info on Ashton Gardens too if you need it.. let me know! : ) .

Life as a Cooking Wife!:
    http://cookinbloom.blogspot.com/ Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Went to a wedding at Ashton Gardens.  It is BEAUTIFUL. To this day it is the best wedding I have ever been to.
    Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    Im getting married at The Crystal Ballroom at the Rice Downtown! Its stunning...very pricey though!! Its very worth it!!
  • edited December 2011
    what is your budget for the venue for your reception? I think those are all good choices. I really like the Houston Heights fire station, i think it is unique and really pretty for a reception, it just depends on what your budget is and what kind of look your going for :)
    xoxo, Jennifer
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards