Texas-Houston

Roll Call -Old Schooler and New Schoolers Introduce yourself

Okay I do not recognize a single person on here, where is everybody I know.  I see sweetpea but that's really it.

Granted I know I have not been on here lately, I've only got 4 months so I've been busy!

So old schoolers check in here and new schoolers introduce yourself.

Here is what's new for me:

I have book my last major thing, the caterer and I could not be happier.  We went with Ral's and I'm so happy the food was great.
Planning Bio
Updated 8/24
The Planning Blog
Updated 8/26

Re: Roll Call -Old Schooler and New Schoolers Introduce yourself

• edited December 2011
    I'll start..... I'm April getting married 5/1/2010 at the Gallery.

I have three kids he has one we have a great family going, he works in insurance and I work in retirement accounts but run a photography business on the side as well.

We like long walks............ERRR! No not really, lol.
    Planning Bio
    Updated 8/24
    The Planning Blog
    Updated 8/26

• edited December 2011
    iiimmmm here randomly. hope there were some holiday engagements to liven the board back up!
    Becca & Justin - 5/16/09 - Planning Bio My Blog(updated 3/12)

• edited December 2011

FML - me thinks you should update your planning bio and blog! It's been awhile!! LOL

• edited December 2011
    lol, i know midnight i so should....i keep saying i'm going too.  I'm all caught up on editing so maybe that's what i will do tomorrow, lol.  but i'm anal so i will have 50 different posts in the same day just because i have to have them all separate.

oh can you get on the knot from you iPhone?  I try and it keeps telling me I can't log in, is there a trick to that stupid app or do you not use the app?
    Planning Bio
    Updated 8/24
    The Planning Blog
    Updated 8/26

• Eboix518Eboix518 member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I am semi around, hate the new format of the boards so it just read them when I can

Nothin really new here! Oh our 1 year anniversary is in 2.5 weeks, crazy!!
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-houston_roll-call-old-schooler-new-schoolers-introduce-yourself?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:121Discussion:6f68e8c1-33e2-4028-8320-f6e2f83e23abPost:b7cd0d1e-f0a6-4005-abd4-fa73fa1d2ff6">Re: Roll Call -Old Schooler and New Schoolers Introduce yourself</a>:
    [QUOTE] oh can you get on the knot from you iPhone?  I try and it keeps telling me I can't log in, is there a trick to that stupid app or do you not use the app?
    Posted by furturemrslewis[/QUOTE]

i havent tried the app yet. i use the web. but i seem to recall that there were some issues with the new format. ive read a few on the new format, but havent tried to post.

• edited December 2011
    yea Eboix, that was alot of the reason I strayed away, the new format really sucks and half the time it errors out anyways.....they really should go back to the old format.

midnight - i'll stick with the reg computer or just not get on the knot at all, lol
    Planning Bio
    Updated 8/24
    The Planning Blog
    Updated 8/26

• erin0709erin0709 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Well, obviously it's been a good year for a longhorn fan, so I've spent much of my time on sports message boards.  Plus all the soap-opera-drama has been great fodder (the rise & fall of Tebow, Coach Mangino's witch-hunt, Weis getting fired, Urban Meyer retiring then un-retiring, Coach Leach getting suspended b/c of a rich kid's daddy, etc).  Needless to say, I've had more interest in sport-related discussions over wedding stuff...

BUT, I do want to "pay it forward" and continue to help future brides when I can, so I'm still hopping on here occasionally to check up on things.  I'm tempted to go make an intro on The Nest, but a little afraid I won't fit in since I don't have or want any babies at the moment.  That seems to be a big thing over there, but I do like the variety of topics that they touch on. 

Welcome to the newbies, hope things pick up on here so that you can get as much helpful advice as I did for my wedding last July! 
    imageimage
  • ayersfam20ayersfam20 member
    edited December 2011
    I'm sort of here. :-)  I seldom remember to get on this board to check it out b/c it's been dead for so long and i really do not like the new format.  It's been 6 months already for us ... crazy!
    Abbie Rose 9.26.2004
    Collin Thayne 10.11.2010
  • edited December 2011
    I check in every now and then to see if I can help with any advice...this board was SUPER helpful to me when I was planning last year!

The hubby and I will celebrate our 5  month anniversary on the 1st :-)

The new format is weird to me...and my work blocks TK so, I can only get on during the day when its winter break, spring break and summer! Yay, for teaching!
  • csuperstar02csuperstar02 member
    edited December 2011
    Well, I'm Courtney,  a new knottie-engaged on December 18th. We're planning to get married next year on December 18th. It seems like most of the people that used this site in the past don't really care for it anymore :( I've still managed to find lots of ideas from different planning bios. I had to choose Houston as my local board; I actually live north of Houston and will be getting married in Beaumont.

Anywho, if you hang around, any and all help/conversation will be greatly appreciated!

CRod

?Well-behaved women rarely make history.?

?PAL/PGAL Welcome!?

Untitled

?BFP #1~4.29.11 | Blighted Ovum DX~6.2.11 | D&C~6.9.11?

Dx Unicornuate Uterus 4.12

?BFP #2~10.12.12,EDD 6.27.13| 11.8.12 - no growth :(| natural m/c 11.25.12| D&C 2.8.13 ?

• edited December 2011
    I think I first came on when the boards were starting to slow down. I'm Julie and I live in California but was born and raised and Houston and am marrying next October 9 at the Petroleum Club. I've almost got everything booked and complete except for invitations and the dress.

Only major update I've got is that I'm going to the BCS Championship in Pasadena next week! One of my coworkers is a Pasadena resident and they had first dibs to tickets and she was a Gator fan so she reluctantly donated them to me.

I haven't lived in Houston in more than 10 years, but still visit frequently and have done enough research now that I can try my best to be of help to other brides. Happy planning!
  • edited December 2011
    Mirielle getting married August 7th at Ashelynn Manor.
    I've always read the board from time to time but never really said much so I'm still semi around. I'm usually more active in my club board.
  • erin0709erin0709 member
    edited December 2011
    congrats and welcome, CRod! 

tranjuliet - I'm INSANELY jealous of your ability to go to the game.  It should be a good one, and one for the ages!  wow, you are such a lucky duck!!! 
    imageimage
  • shelly0921shelly0921 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Seems like everyone is gone now!

I'm Shelly... got married in May and I'm occasionalyy around.  I agree with PP, the new format sucks!
  • edited December 2011
    I still check in from time to time but the board has been slow, not too much going on...

nothing new with me that I can think of...
  • sweet__peasweet__pea member
    edited December 2011
    I'm still around...just got married on Nov. 13 & 14th.  Yes, two ceremonies.  LOL

Welcome to all the new and semi-new knotties.  I hope this board does liven up...or I may be forced to go over to the Nest and discuss babies!  LOL
  • edited December 2011
    i still check in from time to time .. but i've been real busy since dec 1st b/c i started an internship. i can't believe it's already almost 2010 .. this fall flew by!
  • csuperstar02csuperstar02 member
    edited December 2011
    oh, and I meant to comment on erin - I am a Texas Ex, so this has indeed been a good year!

transjuliet - super jealous! enjoy it for me!

?Well-behaved women rarely make history.?

?PAL/PGAL Welcome!?

Untitled

?BFP #1~4.29.11 | Blighted Ovum DX~6.2.11 | D&C~6.9.11?

Dx Unicornuate Uterus 4.12

?BFP #2~10.12.12,EDD 6.27.13| 11.8.12 - no growth :(| natural m/c 11.25.12| D&C 2.8.13 ?

• edited December 2011
    Annie, getting married 5/29/10. still around, but not every day. agreed that the new format sucks and is a factor in not being around. right in the middle of planning, yay, so will be asking more questions as the months go on! not getting as much done during this Christmas break as I'd hoped, boo. I feel behind now. ditto with the jealousy for tranjuliet--Roll Tide! ;) bad sports year for me--poor Aggies and Astros. actually it's kinda been a bad sports decade, haha.

anyway... hope everyone's holidays went well and Happy New Year!

Glenna Harding Photography
  • STBMrsMartinSTBMrsMartin member
    Combo Breaker First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Congrats newly engaged knotties! Can't wait to get to know all the new knotties.

Format does suck major butt! Takes sooo long to load! We should have a g2g in 2010.

Nothing really new. We are TTC. That's about it.
    Photobucket
    Our little miracle, Jett.
    Planning Bio,
    My Blog
  • edited December 2011

Well, I'm still here! Not that I've posted much..haha...more of a lurker, I too do not care much for the new format.

So, for those of you who don't know..or don't recall me : I'm getting married Feb 15th, which is in 44 days...it's crazy and we still have so much to do!

My FI is named, Elliott...I usually will refer to him as El or Elio...heis a graphic designer for an art magazine in Toronto, Ontario called Mikes Journal.

I am currently a nanny, but after the wedding I have a position as a MA for a pain management office on the Northside.

I have 4 children - all teens- from a previous marriage, and they are awesome..4 teenagers not as scary as one might think. Tongue out

• edited December 2011
    Hello Ladies my name is Tamika wedding date 3/19/2011, engaged Thanksgiving weekend :) Ive done my first DIY; I made my "Will you be my bridesmaid?" card so I can put my girls to work on my whole DIY list since Im planning a wedding and finishing my masters. I also created 5 monograms Im really excited about that eventhough it was really easy. And I hate the new format as well.

Tamika
  • edited December 2011
    Well I am finally back after a bit of a break (or unactiveness).

I'm Anna- I just got married on 12/27/09. One week TODAY. Woo Hoo. haha

I live out in Katy and got married at Tuscany Villa. I hope to be around a bit more to help out the new girls.

I'd definately be down for a g2g
    Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    I'm new to the Knot, and this is my first post!  I'm Ashleigh, engaged to my high school sweetheart after 10 years (with years off in the middle).  We just moved to Houston from Boston, but since this is our new home, we want to get married here.  We've been engaged since March, but due to me finishing grad school and the big move, we're just now starting our planning! 

We're doing our initial venue searches...looking for something with both outdoor and indoor space, and we don't want to spend a fortune.  I've looked through ALL of the venues on the Knot, plus the ones on myhoustonwedding.com.  If anyone has any suggestions for ones I wouldn't have found on there, I'd be very glad to hear them! 

(And I'm glad to hear that the boards weren't always this hard to use...that's why I haven't used it much so far!)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards