Texas-Houston

XP: Poll- What are you giving your wedding party as gifts?

I'm posting this on several boards, so sorry if you see it a lot.
What are you getting (or did you get if your wedding has already occurred) your bridesmaids and groomsmen? 
Thanks!
118 image
Not caring about missing RSVPs because there aren't any rocks!

Re: XP: Poll- What are you giving your wedding party as gifts?

• STBMrsMartinSTBMrsMartin member
    Combo Breaker First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    for the BMs I bought totes from Sam Moon and had their names embroidered on them. Inside I had flip flops, cloth hangers, necklaces (girls with strapless dresses), earrings (for girls with halter dresses), shawls and thank you card.

For the GM's we got the embroidered hankerchiefs with their initials. Then personal coolers with their names embroidered. We provided their favorite beer in the cooler.
    Photobucket
    Our little miracle, Jett.
    Planning Bio,
    My Blog
  • edited December 2011
    i gave my bridesmaids things they could accesorize their BM dress with on the wedding day (but also could be worn anytime too). i gave them a cashmere sweater, skinny belt, large flower pin (that could be pinned on clothes or worn in the hair),  pearl cluster earrings, and of course a thank you card!

DH gave his groomsmen murano glass cufflinks.
  • loop0406loop0406 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm only having a MOH and flower girl. Giving MOH a striped cooler from exclusively weddings catalog and a pink flask with her initial (she likes to have drinks poolside) and  flower girl a tote specifically that's for a flower girl, also from exclusively weddings...
  • icekitty37icekitty37 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have no idea yet, but I like the idea of stuff they can wear the wedding day. Maybe shoes and necklace/earrings accessories
  • ccrabtree02ccrabtree02 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    BM- the heart necklace featured on the knot with their initials.  The groomsmen Beermugs with their names engraved.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    BMs - I'm a bit of a wine enthusiast, so I'm making my own wine and giving each gal a bottle in a picnic type bag with a little picnic set. I haven't quite finished this yet, so I'm still finalizing the details.

GMs - FI got them those flip flops with the bottle openers on the bottom and each a bottle of their favorite drink, Jameson.
  • aggiebugaggiebug member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am most likely going to shop like its their birthday and steering away from jewelry for the dress.

My girls are sooo soo different that I probably can't find one gift they would like.
    and no jewelery because I have gotten some jewelery as a BM and I wore it once- the day the bride told me too. I don't want that to happen so I am just not going to go that direction :) 

I personally would reccomend trying to steer the gift away from the wedding day- ie flip flops for the reception or jewelery for the dress.  Just so that you know they will get use of the item beyond your day.  If it works for both great! I just feel if you look for something that fits both its usually more of a stretch that they will use it after the wedding if that makes sense?

Some very nice BM gift's I have seen given though.  My SIL gave us robes from Gap body, sooo comfy and light LOVE it.  My sister gave us an engraved vase, its really pretty and I use it quite often.   A string of fresh water pearls. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Love is like infinity: You can't have more or less infinity, and you can't compare two things to see if they're "equally infinite." Infinity just is, and that's the way I think love is, too.
    Fred Rogers
  • edited December 2011
    Aggiebug - i really like your idea of shopping for each girl like it is their birthday!  i was in a wedding where the bride did that and it was great! one girl got a root beer float maker (i didn't know they made those!) and i got things all about nyc (i was about to move there).

i have also read a really creative idea is to give concert tickets to their favorite band.

• jobie02jobie02 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am also shopping for each girl.  I have been a bridesmaid about 10 times and I just don't think it very generous or thankful to give each girl their "day of" supplies and that is their gift.  I bought my earrings/bracelets for each girl already (on Harwin) and spent about $10 each.
  • edited December 2011
    i had 4 BMs and they each got a goodie bag with misc items...tote bag w/ name, candle holders, burts bees gift set, bath & body works stuff, their jewelry...each bag was different with like 4-5 items...the guys got flasks cause that's what DH wanted to give them..
    Becca & Justin - 5/16/09 - Planning Bio My Blog(updated 3/12)

• edited December 2011
    I'm doing Tote bags for my BMs: I will add a small clutch purse, kleenex, flipflops or some form of slippers, a thank you card, and an emergency kit (hair spray, bobby pins, pony tail holders, ect)

for the GM: we have talked about giving them engraved flasks or something close to that.
  • edited December 2011
    We have a smallish WP. My flower girls are my niece (18mos) and FI's niece (8). I am going to give the baby a stuffed animal (my absolute fave gift ever when I was a FG a zillion years ago) and FI's niece is a Littlest Pet Shop fiend, so I'm going to get her a biggish set that she doesn't have yet.

As for my MOH and Jr BM, I think I'm going to go the tote route, even though I was trying to avoid it, and stuff it with random things I would pick up for them on impulse anyway. I'm always just grabbing things off store shelves for them, so it's going to be a random assortment. :) I'm also going to take them shopping for BM accessories, but I hate to count that as their only gift. My SIL did that to us and I hated it.

For the guys, FI is doing gift cards. It's just his brother and my nephew, and his nephew as RB. I can't think of a single thing in the world mine would appreciate/use more than a gc to Best Buy or Fry's, and his brother gives gc's for every occasion, so he's a fan. heh. I will probably try and convince him to do something else for RB though since he's only 4. Probably some toys to keep him entertained through all the boring wedding stuff.
    BabyName Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    We only had a MOH and best man - MOH is got a flip video and best man got a bottle of 18-year old scotch. 
  • lynny0780lynny0780 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i just had a moh and one bridesmaid and didnt get them anything but i did pay to get their makeup done if that counts
  • Eboix518Eboix518 member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I got my BM's coach wristlets with co bigelow lipgloss and paid for half their hair

Our GM's and Ushers got these Polar Bear Coolers they loved them polarbearcoolers.com
  • smileclcsmileclc member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am giving my bridesmaids the rhinestone jewelry they are wearing for the wedding, plus black pearl earrings, and the Maid of Honor and Matron of honor are getting pearl necklaces in addition to the black pearl earrings.   I found the pearl jewelry on etsy.com for a very reasonable price... genuine freshwater pearl earrings for 10 bucks a pair and the necklace was 15 dollars each.

The groomsmen are going to get one of those grilling baskets that Bed, bath and beyond have for 12 bucks with one of thos kebab things.  My fiance thinks they will love it!

the house party is going to get a cookie scoop from bed bath and beyond (it is 3.99) plus cookie recipes on cute paper. 

all the participants will get a thank you note with their gifts.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards