Texas-Houston
Options

Where to shop for a dress in Houston?

I shopping with my mom and bridesmaids in Houston soon to look for a dress.  Where should we go to get the most out of our time?  I have no idea what I want, so I need a place (or a few places) with good customer service.  My price range is probably middle of the road.  Definitely not looking to spend 5K, but will pay a little more for the perfect dress.   (It would be a plus if the place had a selection of bridesmaid dresses since they'll be with me.)  I live north of the Galleria area, so locations in Houston would be better, but for great service and a decent deal, I'm willing to drive farther.  Any suggestions? 

Re: Where to shop for a dress in Houston?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    My favorite dress stores were Priscilla of Boston in Uptown Park and Maison de Mode in Rice Village. They both have great customer service and beautiful dresses!  I got my dress at Maison de Mode.
  • Options
    STBMrsMartinSTBMrsMartin member
    Combo Breaker First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    There are so many great places.

I agree with emily's choices. Also try out...
    Brickhouse Bridal
    Weddings by Debbie
    Ventura's Bridal
    Photobucket
    Our little miracle, Jett.
    Planning Bio,
    My Blog
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Check out Brickhouse Bridal in The Woodlands and Weddings by Debbie in Katy.  Both have a decent sized selection and a really nice array of styles, designers, and price ranges.

Photobucket
    Megan & Chris
  • Options
    jobie02jobie02 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Paravani Vida on Highway 6 has a great variety. I loved Winnie Couture also. 

I was highly disappointed in Venturas... 

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I got mine at M2 Bridal at 1960 and 249.  I have heard bad things about Panache (I think that's how it's spelled).  Never went in there, though.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-houston_shop-dress-houston?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:121Discussion:959e2075-b670-4f5f-ad90-f1e62d5770c3Post:a78cb189-a870-4d49-9e22-5a3b7331166e">Re: Where to shop for a dress in Houston?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Paravani Vida on Highway 6 has a great variety. I loved Winnie Couture also.  I was highly disappointed in Venturas... 
    Posted by jobie02[/QUOTE]

ditto what you said about ventura's.
  • Options
    icekitty37icekitty37 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I bought my dress from Weddings by Debbie. Great service and huge selection- especially if you are willing to spend 1-3k on a dress... I wanted to spend under 1k, so I only pulled 3 dresses and only tried ONE on! What can I say? I fell in love with it!

I personally was not impressed by either the selection or service at Princess Bridal.
    I heard good things about Brickhouse Bridal but they were never open when I wanted to go.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I got my dress at Ventura's.  Personally, I had a horrible experience at Parvani Vida.  I liked Brickhouse Bridal and Houston Bridal & Formalwear also. 
    Anniversary Visit The Knot! image
  • Options
    ZangiePantsZangiePants member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I went everywhere to look for my dress and finally found the one at Misora Bridal. Jeannie, who owns the store, is absolutely wonderful. I would highly recommend a visit. The alterations done in the shop were great also.

I thought Brickhouse Bridal had a great selection and really liked Houston Bridal and Formalwear, as well. Priscilla of Boston was wonderful, but a bit over my budget.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thank you everyone!! Very helpful  :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards